• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconHat

Actually no, I'm in the exact same boat and my tracking info just updated and now has an expected delivery date for tomorrow!

HOPE IS NOT LOST

I'm in the same boat. Got to keep the dream alive!
Granted only the console is coming, and not zelda, but still, this would give me an excuse to play shovel knight on the switch over the weekend.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Actually no, I'm in the exact same boat and my tracking info just updated and now has an expected delivery date for tomorrow!

HOPE IS NOT LOST

200.gif

But seriously, unless they transfer from Pearson airport to Montreal by plane, no way. 7 hours road inbetween, these guys don't work these kind of intercity shipments during the night, do they?

Samemind

So i went at 8oclock, 1h before people could start lining up inside. Im now #4 of people w/o preorders waiting til midnight. Lively conversations while we're waiting :D

Keyouta

Dude at Eb games didn't take my games for trade in because they don't know how many Switches they'll have in tomorrow, saying I need a preorder, and the deal doesn't start until tomorrow. Is this true? He said I should line up early tomorrow and hope I get one, and bring the trade in games with me. Also he said I wouldn't get as much because I don't have their edge card.

nschizo

Ok, I just got my shipping notification from Amazon, expected delivery: tomorrow by 8pm. [ I am in Montreal]

It is happening!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dude at Eb games didn't take my games for trade in because they don't know how many Switches they'll have in tomorrow, saying I need a preorder, and the deal doesn't start until tomorrow. Is this true? He said I should line up early tomorrow and hope I get one, and bring the trade in games with me. Also he said I wouldn't get as much because I don't have their edge card.

1) You can just put the tradein towards games or accessories then switch it over later

2) The double up promo doesnt stack with or even require EDGE, you were lied to.

Go back and show them the tradein page from their website.

If you wanted to use the trades for the console then yea, you have to wait until they allow pre-orders again if you don't have one or go tomorrow and get lucky

antibolo

Banned
200.gif

But seriously, unless they transfer from Pearson airport to Montreal by plane, no way. 7 hours road inbetween, these guys don't work these kind of intercity shipments during the night, do they?

It's an "Expedited Parcels", dunno what method they use but it is definitely possible.

Finally had my Switch order ship through Amazon....I paid for priority shipping, and I am a prime member, and it's only apparently getting here on Tuesday.

You'd better believe I'm going to give Amazon a piece of my mind about this, and I usually let shipping stuff slide.

Edit: Even more aggravating, I ordered an SD card for my switch earlier this week with normal 2 day prime, and they shipped it Fed Ex and it arrived within a day. Yet a 400 dollar system with a priority shipping order, and they send it by Canada Post and it'll get here in 3 days.

Xbudz

Best Buy charged me for the Pro Controller and Zelda, but not the Switch... Hope they all come together!

BC - Victoria.

Tarrin

Zelda (Wii U) has shipped. And Best Buy is gonna deliver it tomorrow!

My original delivery date was for the 7th, so I'm ecstatic.

Also Guardian Amiibo incoming woo.

Keyouta

1) You can just put the tradein towards games or accessories then switch it over later

2) The double up promo doesnt stack with or even require EDGE, you were lied to.

Go back and show them the tradein page from their website.
Didn't work, told the guy to just apply it towards some other game or accessory and he said they stop taking in new preorders a week before launch, so I can't trade it in towards anything. He said just come tomorrow.

If you're still awake at 3am ET, amazon will have some switch available.
no, I think done with online shipping. Going to London drugs where I did my in store pickup and hope for the best.

I just hate online shipping because of these fucking stupid delays in order processing

Ryde3

Guys... my Amazon orders that say "preparing for shipping" but arriving March 7-8, are apparently actually arriving March 7-8.

The CSR from yesterday literally told me it was a glitch and not to worry, today the CSR is saying they didn't get enough stock. I have a Grey Switch, Pro Controller and Official Case pre-ordered.

Hope others have better luck!

My Switch and Zelda are "Shipping now". If this ships tonight, I'll get it tomorrow guaranteed, regardless of their estimate saying I'll be getting it on Wednesday only.

eyesradar

Guys calm down. It doesnt take a week to drive from Sauga to Montreal. If the truck leaves the facility tonight most likely it'll be in Quebec tomorrow.

Lizardus

Pro controller shipped from Amazon. Expected delivery Tuesday. Zelda SE delivery also changed from Friday to Tuesday.

Sometimes, I almost wish I lived in a big city, almost.

Velkyn

Wtf, I'm in Montreal and the shipping starts, today, at MISSISSAUGA, ON???

Well goodbye chances to play this during the weekend. Should have went with a pickup at store, ffs BB...

No worries fam, it seems like they're overnighting the games. Maybe that rumor of a shipment of games being held up at the Canada/US border a week or so ago was true...

nschizo

Guys calm down. It doesnt take a week to drive from Sauga to Montreal. If the truck leaves the facility tonight most likely it'll be in Quebec tomorrow.

Yes, I am in Montreal, amazon always use Intelcom and when they shipped next day between 8am and 12 I got my stuff.

NYR

I'm tapping out. Best Buy order. No charge. No status update. Don't think I am getting it tomorrow. Ordered it on 1/13 too.

Peterthumpa

Haha, my BB order page still lists the Switch as "pre-order" and nothing on my e-mail yet, but in the same page there's already tracking information!

People expecting their Switch from BB in the Vancouver area and that are still waiting for shipping confirmation, give it a look.

Jashobeam

really regret not preordering this at ebgames (Canada), would have loved to go to a midnight release. I was at the PS4 one and it went really smoothly.

Frimaire

I'm tapping out. Best Buy order. No charge. No status update. Don't think I am getting it tomorrow. Ordered it on 1/13 too.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now...
at least Paypal says the payment is in authorization, so... possible hope?

Best Buy and Futureshop do this crappy thing where they segregate the online warehouse and retail warehouse. So, the former could be sold out while the latter is filled to the brim with stock, but they won't be able to ship it to you. Or at least, it was like this a few years back.

When this happened to me a few times (and granted, I can't remember if this was a Futureshop or Best Buy) I just walked into the store and picked up my online order personally. Phone ahead, or just ask one of the clerks there and they should be able to make it work. Be sure to have your order number handy (preferably just a phone with the whole order shown, for easy proof). Escalate to a manager if there's an issue.

Should mention that this was for a game, not like a console or anything. If the Switch is in short supply this will probably be futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom