• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just got back from EB. Dumped a bunch of games Ill never play again. Got $416 which is just enough to cover the Switch and a bit extra.

Was told to lineup at 6 if Im hoping to get a Switch.

Lexxism

Just got back from EB. Dumped a bunch of games Ill never play again. Got $416 which is just enough to cover the Switch and a bit extra.

Was told to lineup at 6 if Im hoping to get a Switch.
I'll just wait especially if you are not rushing to get one.

chrono01

Think your right. If it's any consolidation, I'm still in order processing limbo for my instore pickup for the switch.
Man, I hope your status changes soon. Let us all get our Switches tomorrow!

Stuff is 99% of the time on time for me with Amazon. Experience will vary I guess. Had Horizon on Monday.
It varies for me. Sometimes my games will ship on-time (even earlier than expected), other times...not so much. I didn't particularly mind when it was free shipping, since that was kind of expected, but it's more upsetting when things are late with express shipping, especially as a Prime member.

But yeah, issues aren't an impossibility for any site. You kind of have to prepare yourself for things like this.

I've never had an issue with EB save it being a huge pain to cancel stuff (I always have to call for some reason). Amazon too has been rock solid for me, even shipping a bunch of games early, but fuck me do they keep you in the dark on things. Their stuff is NEVER accurate.
Yeah, their status updates are really random. Sometimes I'll get a shipment email before anything updates on their site. Really confusing. :/

The only bad part with EB is that they use purolator for my area. If I missed the delivery guy, I won't be able to get it until the next business day. Oh well, there are a lot of disadvantage and advantage for most of the stores.
Yeah, I hate that. Thankfully there's (usually) someone here to sign for the packages, but when I do miss the delivery it is frustrating having to wait for the next day (not to mention making the drive over there to pick it up). As you said though, problems can occur regardless of where you shop.

Update! I just got an email from Amazon saying my Switch has been shipped! The strange part? Estimated delivery is for Saturday. o_O

So I'm getting my Wii U Zelda and a switch from Best Buy.

Amazon completely failing me: no games, dock, amiibo a. What the hell do I have prime for?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With Zelda sitting at a 98 metacritic, I might have to get a Switch sometime down the line... sometime. Until I'm done with ME:A, then they'll hopefully be back in stock lol.

MutFox

Banned
All I'm missing now is Zelda...
EB hasn't called me about preorder pick up yet...

Pretty sure I'll be able to walk in and get Zelda at some store...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So I'm getting my Wii U Zelda and a switch from Best Buy.

Amazon completely failing me: no games, dock, amiibo a. What the hell do I have prime for?

Zelda U trades for $40 at EB if you want to switch it *cough* for the Switch version.

Belickade

Neo Member
My Wii U Zelda shipped as well. It's being sent by Intelcom (estimated delivery is Saturday; I find this a little unlikely). However, they still managed to screw something up and charged me for shipping. Had to contact CS to get it refunded.

Bronetta

I'll just wait especially if you are not rushing to get one.

Eh I might as well give it a try since I have Fridays off. But if I get there and find out there's a dozen people lined up already no way I'm waiting then.

CSR said they might have around 10 for walk-ins so it's not looking too hot.

Thanks. I'm really hoping the store just needs to click confirm or whatever and i'm good... But I really am kicking my ass for doing this.

I called my store about the pickup and the news wasn't good. They said that there was a glitch in the system which caused the Switch to show up as in stock in stores but that they were being reserved for walk in customers. The lady told me my order would be fulfilled from the shipment that's currently in their warehouse. She said it would probably be in sometime next week. Shit.

I called my store about the pickup and the news wasn't good. They said that there was a glitch in the system which caused the Switch to show up as in stock in stores but that they were being reserved for walk in customers. The lady told me my order would be fulfilled from the shipment that's currently in their warehouse. She said it would probably be in sometime next week. Shit.

crap...maybe not.

I got the day off so I was planning to go early. May have a chance to get one there anyways. Worse come to worse, At least their next shipment is in their warehouse and I'm still guaranteed one in a week or sooner.

Zekes!

BC here and my Switch got shipped from Best Buy.

Damn, I still ain't here nothing. I'm in Victoria. I've gotten shit in mail in the past before I ever got a shipping confirmation so I'm hoping that's the case with the Switch. My copy of Zelda will be here from Amazon tomorrow

Both my Zelda U and Switch were picked up by Canada Post tonight. But only Zelda U has been processed and slated for arrival tomorrow. Switch still says 6th. Anyone with notifs like this?

jokkir

I can't see the detailed info on Purolator because it says wrong submitted info. What. EB better not have messed up my postal code :|

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Best Buy is definitely delivering my Switch for Friday. Canada Post updated stating delivery for 03/03/2017. Once it gets here it's off to EbGames for Zelda. Hopefully the lines will have died off by 1pm. Can't wait.

MutFox

Banned
Still happy it's coming on launch,
even though I'm not a Prime member.

Though I was so I could preorder. (did the free 30 days)

Like a month ago i just asked if there would be release day shipping,
and they upped my shipping to Priority without even asking...

Still haven't got it though...
So shouldn't be too happy yet. :p

What is your status on Amazon? Mine is Being shipped today but I think is too late for shipping?

I have Zelda on both platforms, a Switch and a console case. I just received confirmation that the Wii U version was shipped. Everything else is left in a "Pre-ordered" or "Not yet shipped" status.

The worst is that the Wii U version is not even for me, but for a coworker who wanted it at the discounted price before I canceled it.

Pavaloo

Best Buy sent me a shipping notice around 5:30pm after sitting on a Paypal authorization from around 3pm.

Still says it's expected tomorrow (expedited Canada Post) so I'm stoked! :D

(New Westminster, BC, Grey Switch + Zelda btw)

edit: nvm Best Buy website says tomorrow but Canada Post just updated saying package got to Richmond 5 mins ago and expected delivery is on the 6th. I'm hoping that's just a long date 'just in case' as it shouldn't take long to ship something from Richmond to here....

edit2: updated expected delivery for the 3rd, lets rock!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wtf, I'm in Montreal and the shipping starts, today, at MISSISSAUGA, ON???

Well goodbye chances to play this during the weekend. Should have went with a pickup at store, ffs BB...

antibolo

Banned
Wtf, I'm in Montreal and the shipping starts, today, at MISSISSAUGA, ON???

Well goodbye chances to play this during the weekend. Should have went with a pickup at store, ffs BB...

Actually no, I'm in the exact same boat and my tracking info just updated and now has an expected delivery date for tomorrow!

HOPE IS NOT LOST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom