• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Was the status of your switch preparing for shipment or being shipped today before it shipped?

Was preparing for shipment earlier today, then being shipped today around the time when everyone else was reporting it started showing (maybe 12pm or something?)

NYR

I'd say Snipperclips, Fast RMX and Blaster Master Zero look like they're worth picking up, but I can see how someone wouldn't feel compelled to get it tomorrow. I see it as more of an investment because it's 100% my Zelda machine for at least a few weeks.
Fair enough. Zelda is a good game to sink some time in so I get that.

iphys

Zelda U has a trade-in of $40 at EB so it literally wouldn't cost you anything to swap it for a Switch version.

Could be useful for people who got Zelda U cheaper or don't want it anymore.

Lol, so glad I kept my Wii U pre-order. Not sure if I will bother to swap it to the Switch version of Zelda. I keep hoping they'll add Splatoon 2 for pre-order so I can get that.

Metalgus

Banned
Good stuff Amazon, but jokes on us cause they'll ship it to all of us with Intelcom.

My Zelda Wii U from Amazon finaly shipped this afternoon and is supposed to be here tomorrow (launch day!). However, I notice the carrier is Interlcom. Then I remembered the above post I read earlier today... Is there a problem with Intelcom?

Samemind

So any idea on how hot of a commodity this thing is for midnight releases? The microplay near me is allowing a lineup starting at 9pm and I'm questioning whether I really need to stand for 3 hours.

Palehorse

Just now? Waiting for my stuff to ship in Victoria too right now; been saying preparing all day. Was starting to get worried we're approaching cut-off for getting stuff over to the island in time.

Yeah updated at 3:51. I've had these sent out at this time before and they are always on time.

So any idea on how hot of a commodity this thing is for midnight releases? The microplay near me is allowing a lineup starting at 9pm and I'm questioning whether I really need to stand for 3 hours.

Well, in Toronto when I walked home from work there was already 15+ people lined up at the EBGames across from Eaton Centre.

Velkyn

Switch (Grey) GTA shipped from Amazon along with Zelda SE!

rocket-launch-o.gif

My tracking number doesn't say anything but "Shipping Information Received" :(

Zelda U has a trade-in of $40 at EB so it literally wouldn't cost you anything to swap it for a Switch version.

Could be useful for people who got Zelda U cheaper or don't want it anymore.

Might try to trad my Zelda U for a pro controller then.

Still waiting for my Grey Switch to ship from Best Buy, might go to my Walmart early tomorrow to try to score a Neon instead.

MutFox

Banned
Finally, Amazon updated.
Will get mine tomorrow by 8pm.

Don't have Prime either.
They gave me priority shipping for free too.

Vancouver here.

krae_man

Talked to my EB last night and they are an early open store and will accommodate walk ins after the pre order line is finished. He said they had stock for walk ins but didn't say how many.

White oaks mall in London

That was my guess when I read that. They would just say "we have no stock" if they didn't.

Madness

How was NHL 17 as a game this year? After how shitty NHL 15 was, I kind of am done with EA and how they've handled the NHL series. It's quite cheap on sale for digital Xbox One right now, just curious.

Banned
All these Amazon peeps in Toronto getting shipping confirmations for tomorrow and my prime priority shipping switch and botw still says preparing shipment for March 7-8th.

:(

iphys

Well, in Toronto when I walked home from work there was already 15+ people lined up at the EBGames across from Eaton Centre.

Never pre-ordered a system at EB before, so I'm not sure when it will be best to pick up my pre-order. My store opens at 9 am, but I don't want to get left standing outside in -14 windchill in a long line of people that didn't even pre-order, so I'm thinking I should probably wait like an hour for the dust to settle. Or is it dangerous to expect that EB won't do something stupid and sell my Switch and accessories to someone else before I get there?

How was NHL 17 as a game this year? After how shitty NHL 15 was, I kind of am done with EA and how they've handled the NHL series. It's quite cheap on sale for digital Xbox One right now, just curious.

It's much better then 15, by far. I paid full price at launch and I'm happy with it. Between NHL 17,NBA 2K17 and MLB the Show its hard to make time for non sports games

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
All these Amazon peeps in Toronto getting shipping confirmations for tomorrow and my prime priority shipping switch and botw still says preparing shipment for March 7-8th.

:(

Same boat, along with a bunch of other Switch items. Let's stay strong together.

Never pre-ordered a system at EB before, so I'm not sure when it will be best to pick up my pre-order. My store opens at 9 am, but I don't want to get left standing outside in -14 windchill in a long line of people that didn't even pre-order, so I'm thinking I should probably wait like an hour for the dust to settle. Or is it dangerous to expect that EB won't do something stupid and sell my Switch and accessories to someone else before I get there?

This won't happen. Just stroll in and pick up your console an hour after they open...

What's a reasonable time to head to EB Games to pick up my Switch and Zelda for the midnight launch? Don't want to be near the end of the line.

Last time I went to a midnight launch was Pokémon XY and it took an hour and a half of waiting in line to get my copy. It was madness.

Mall location? Was told not to lineup until 11:30, outside a specific set of doors.

15 was the cut down version to get something out on the new consoles and 16 was already a big improvement. I like 17 a lot. I am guessing that it will make its way shortly to EA Access also if you have that.

They are reliable. No need to worry.

Heck I picked up my PS4 at 10am the next day (they did midnight launch + 8am opening), was the second last system. On the floor in full view behind the register. :) They held it, turned people away repeatedly, they said. Wondered when me and the other dude would show up lol.

iphys

This won't happen. Just stroll in and pick up your console an hour after they open...

Cool, that makes me feel better. The manager at my store is awesome, but no one else seems to have a clue there. I guess worst case if they sold something they shouldn't I probably wouldn't be the last person picking up my stuff because other people would be at work or school or scrounging up the money to pay it off.

schlew

I'm feeling good about tomorrow. Got my shipping confirmation from BB, and as I browse older orders of mine, I have always received my order the following day (I live in the Durham Region). Not going to be over confident to avoid disappointment, but I'm hopeful! All my games and accessories are in-store at EB, so I'm not worried about that part at all.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
We are children
Children of the light
We are shining
In the darkness of the night
Hope for this world

Arent those lyrics from a FFXV song?

joms5

We are children
Children of the light
We are shining
In the darkness of the night
Hope for this world

I haven't heard that song since grade school. Someone went to a Catholic school I see.

So for those who ordered BOTW for Wii U, I spoke to Amazon. Here's their reasoning for it not shipping yet. It is not considered a "Day 1 eligible" title. They said that certain games are only eligible to be received on the same day of release and the Wii U version of BOTW is not one of them.

So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom