• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Didn't work, told the guy to just apply it towards some other game or accessory and he said they stop taking in new preorders a week before launch, so I can't trade it in towards anything. He said just come tomorrow.

Thats another lie considering I just preordered Zelda Switch today and it was actually the CSR who recommended that.

Some EB employees man, lazy and will outright lie to you. Some are great like the one I dealt with today, she was so helpful, total angel.

Kiro

Amazon shipped my Wii U Zelda. Showing up tomorrow with free non-Prime shipping.

I finally joined shipping talk!

I have it on switch so it does not matter to me but wtf. I ordered mine the first day you could and am prime and won't get it til next week.

Amazon haha. Oh well

I knew this was gonna happen, EB games order of neon switch still stuck on "confirmed"

Will probably get my amazon botw SE tomorrow, but no switch :(

Ok, Switch from BestBuy to Montreal, Canada Post Tracking just updated from expected delivery on monday to tomorrow and is in transit :)

So if you got your tracking number and it's still showing "Expected delivery 2017/03/06" don't despair.

a916

Dude at Eb games didn't take my games for trade in because they don't know how many Switches they'll have in tomorrow, saying I need a preorder, and the deal doesn't start until tomorrow. Is this true? He said I should line up early tomorrow and hope I get one, and bring the trade in games with me. Also he said I wouldn't get as much because I don't have their edge card.

Yeah that's what the dude said... wtf is the point of the promo if they most likely won't have those consoles in that one month span?

Just got back from EB. Dumped a bunch of games Ill never play again. Got $416 which is just enough to cover the Switch and a bit extra.

Was told to lineup at 6 if Im hoping to get a Switch.

Wait what, I asked to do this and they nope.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah that's what the dude said... wtf is the point of the promo if they most likely won't have those consoles in that one month span?

The promo is towards anything Switch. Put the credit towards games or accessories for now until you can get a Switch.

Luigi87

Amazon didn't ship anything for me... Zelda SE or Hori accessories.
Oh well... I have a Zelda SE pre-ordered at EB, and I'll see if they have the accessories in store tomorrow.

a916

preorder Arms and a bunch of games that aren't out yet.

Hmm, that is smart (what happens though if they don't have a switch by that time by the time the promo ends, or do I hold on to that credit for a while?)

Can I order online (if it ever pops online) and then go to the store... return it... but then buy back the same item by trading in stuff?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nice to see everyone's orders shipping. Nothing from Amazon for me yet.. still preparing.. Feeling like Samus.

XZRQeVR.jpg

Keyouta

Thats another lie considering I just preordered Zelda Switch today and it was actually the CSR who recommended that.

Some EB employees man, lazy and will outright lie to you. Some are great like the one I dealt with today, she was so helpful, total angel.

I talked to a guy who was really helpful, on the phone, a few days ago. I guess he wasn't in today. Pretty shitty. I suppose I'm lining up tomorrow morning regardless.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Ok, Switch from BestBuy to Montreal, Canada Post Tracking just updated from expected delivery on monday to tomorrow and is in transit :)

So if you got your tracking number and it's still showing "Expected delivery 2017/03/06" don't despair.

Me too ! It just updated to 2017/03/03 !!

If they pull off this day 1 shipping..

200x200px-ZC-4a537b92_excited-kid-birthday-party.gif

a916

Where's that post about when these stores are confirmed to have some stock available online?

I talked to a guy who was really helpful, on the phone, a few days ago. I guess he wasn't in today. Pretty shitty. I suppose I'm lining up tomorrow morning regardless.

How early are you going? I'm wondering if it's worth it lining up or not...

Just got off the phone with EB at the aforementioned outside Eaton Centre location, apparently they will NOT have any extra Switches because they actually gave out tickets on a first come first serve basis during the day right from opening (and there was a big line at opening), I guess they announced this in advance maybe? Didn't hear of this, of well. :p

So to anyone in Toronto hoping to grab one without a pre-order, DO NOT bother, so you don't have to waste a trip. :) Call anyway just to confirm, always a good suggestion either way. :p

Edit: Also the guy said while he wasn't sure the extra amount that was available via tickets earlier, he guessed it was 40-60 IIRC.

Stopdoor

Considering trying to buy a US eShop code and seeing if it works on the Canadian eShop. I know it's region-free and all, but I'd assume switching regions would be a minor hassle that'd be nice to avoid? Anyone else gonna try?

a916

Just got off the phone with EB at the aforementioned outside Eaton Centre location, apparently the will NOT have any extra Switches because they actually gave out tickets on a first come first serve basis during the day right from opening (and there was a big line at opening), I guess they announced this in advance maybe? Didn't hear of this, of well. :p

So to anyone in Toronto hoping to grab one without a pre-order, DO NOT bother, so you don't have to waste a trip. :) Call anyway just to confirm, always a good suggestion either way. :p

Edit: Also the guy said while he wasn't sure the extra amount, he guessed it was 40-60 IIRC.

Man, and the ones all around me can't even confirm how many they have available... like wtf... do you want some poor people waiting out all night and not even know if they get one?

Velkyn

Hmm, I'm thinking of doing the EB promo but I don't know that I have 4 games that would qualify...The only stuff I'd want to part with is stuff like my copy of Forza Horizon 2, MKX, or Infamous: SS, stuff like that. Anyone have a (rough) list of what they take and for how much?

yeah I know.

foreplay is over now. its all about the switch, zelda, horizon and shipping, shipping, SHIPPING!!!

Still...

DEAL

for all you RTS people like me who were holding out, Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void has been on final clearance for a while now, and it looks like Best Buy just dropped it down now to $19.97.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...675&path=03e819459105bced315a292fc647f77fen02

I had $10 in reward zone certificates saved up, so I ended up paying only $9.97

ahdurian

Kinda hate you all who say their Amazon is shipping for delivery on the 3rd. I literally got mine within the first 5 minutes they went up for preorders and mine Is saying that all my stuff is arriving the 8th. Plus I have Prime and chose priority shipping. You'd figure it would mean something

Lexxism

Considering trying to buy a US eShop code and seeing if it works on the Canadian eShop. I know it's region-free and all, but I'd assume switching regions would be a minor hassle that'd be nice to avoid? Anyone else gonna try?
Just create a US account. Then two profiles. One for Canada and US. Whenever you open the eshop, you can choose between the two.

sikkinixx

Switch is only thirty minutes away in Richmond. Good good. Now as long as Canada Post doesn't suck balls I'll have the Switch tomorrow. Huzzah!

My Wii u Zelda isn't delivered until next week. Nothing like an EIGHTEEN month old pre order on Prime being nearly a week late.

MrNineties

Just got off the phone with EB at the aforementioned outside Eaton Centre location, apparently they will NOT have any extra Switches because they actually gave out tickets on a first come first serve basis during the day right from opening (and there was a big line at opening), I guess they announced this in advance maybe? Didn't hear of this, of well. :p

Edit: Also the guy said while he wasn't sure the extra amount that was available via tickets earlier, he guessed it was 40-60 IIRC.

I'm at Yorkdale EB and arrived about 930.ive got a preorder but the manager we actively polling the line, in order, and when he'd come to someone without a preorder he'd distribute a card with a number. Sounds like the store you went to effed up. These guys are doing it the right way.

Xbudz

Still haven't been charged for Switch.
Just Zelda and the Pro controller.

It's going to be bitter sweet getting the game and controller tomorrow with no console.

BC - Victoria.

IceIpor

So, has anyone seen any lineup pics that usually happens for launches?

I didn't see anything posted so far on GAF.

NVM, I didn't look hard enough.

a916

Nintendo Switch online round up. If you are still looking to buy a Switch, I have most of the retailers figured out (just waiting on EBGames).

Amazon.ca - 12am PST tonight

Neon
https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MUAGZ49/022748-20/

Grey
https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHP2ZK/022748-20/

BestBuy.ca - 9am PST tomorrow

Neon
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=633f5a9165c8304973a22163637682bfen02

Grey
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=2bc04bcb9e4f4c5599fb5f7f4638f268en02

Walmart.ca - 6am PST tomorrow

Neon
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ninten...-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/6000196784704

Grey
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-switch-console-with-grey-joy-con/6000196784701

EBGames.ca - unsure of time yet, but confirmed online stock

Neon
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727745/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con

Grey
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/726935/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con

TheSource.ca - unsure of tie yet, but confirmed online stock

Grey
http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gamin...™-32gb-console-with-grey-joy‑con™/p/108063995

Will probably show up elsewhere (Costco.ca, etc) but this is what I have for now if you are still looking :).

Found it... damnit, was thinking for some reason that EB was going to have some more stock too. Oh wait it's listed... can I order online, have it delivered. Walk back to the store return it and then trade in on the spot for it?

leeman

Found it... damnit, was thinking for some reason that EB was going to have some more stock too.

EB says they will have more stock online, just not exactly when yet. If I were a betting man, my guess would be 9am pst tomm, I'll update here when I see it :)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Calgary and I've received no shipping notification from Best Buy yet.
Wish you were getting your switch...
Actually, I'm not angry now because I got a response From London drugs, witch is better than Best Buy ever did..

Thank you for choosing London Drugs for fulfilling your online needs.

In regard to your Nintendo Switch order, it has been switched to a ship to store order and it will be arriving to the store of your choosing on the next available truck from our fulfillment site. You will receive an email once your order is ready for pick-up. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Will have to wait for a few more days but I'm looking at it this way...

I don't think my Best Buy order would've come tomorrow and will have to wait until next week. With that said, I would have to wait another day because I wouldn't be home (work) and will have to pick up the next day. So, I would be waiting about the same time anyways.

In the meantime, I'll pick up my pro controller and the case. Also wait on picking up Zelda since I'll go digital.

a916

EB says they will have more stock online, just not exactly when yet. If I were a betting man, my guess would be 9am pst tomm, I'll update here when I see it :)

Do you know if I could theoretically pick it up, go back to an EB store, return it, then turn around and buy it again with trade in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom