• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I talked to the amazon rep people and they said they are giving me Priority shipping, I told them I already had it on priority shipping and the REP said it's different and i'll get it tomorrow since I'm so close to the Amazon center in Mississauga, so I don't know if it's all lies or the truth. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Do you know if I could theoretically pick it up, go back to an EB store, return it, then turn around and buy it again with trade in?

Technically no you shouldn't, BUT if you're chummy with your local EB and you go in around quiet hours they might.

Got out of Logan at 9:40 and just cruised into line at the EB in front of Eaton centre. They had plenty of tickets left, and said I could come back at midnight to pay.

Really pleasant experience over all!

Renewed

So once I go to pick up my Switch and stuff from EB Games I may end up buying accessories. Maybe not a screen protector but hopefully they have a screen cover or something.

Also will turn my $40 Zelda U around towards a copy of ARMS or something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lol I talked to the amazon rep people and they said they are giving me Priority shipping, I told them I already had it on priority shipping and the REP said it's different and i'll get it tomorrow since I'm so close to the Amazon center in Mississauga, so I don't know if it's all lies or the truth. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Did your status on the site actually change to match this?

Keyouta

Where's that post about when these stores are confirmed to have some stock available online?

How early are you going? I'm wondering if it's worth it lining up or not...

I'm going to drive by at 8am to see if there's a line. The store opens at 9. I live in a town of about 80k, and it's the only EB in town. I think it'll be early enough.

MutFox

Banned
The Amazon rep this morning said i had no chance of getting my preorder switch at launch...
I guess it's true what people were saying here.

ahdurian

The Amazon rep this morning said i had no chance of getting my preorder switch at launch...

i'm trying right now to talk to a CSR to see if somehow they can get mine earlier

Prime + Priority = shit now. maybe i'll just cancel Prime since i'm not buying as much as I used to anymore...

Edit: yeah, nothing...even though I explained to them I have Prime, had Priority shipping since the day I preordered, they are saying I won't get it till mid-next week

hiim_haz

Banned
I asked them the same thing and they said I wouldn't get it until next week Wednesday lol. I also live very close to the warehouse.

imscore71

Neo Member
Was told limited stock for Bomberman and Zelda through Amazon, and so I won't be getting them until next week. Granted I've seen them ship games at 1130pm so who knows.

Dot-N-Run

I managed to snag a fairly low-numbered ticket at the EB midnight release, so hopefully I can get a system. Hopefully they open the doors soon though, it isn't exactly warm out here...

Bilollipop

Earlier today Amazon said my order of BOW WiiU was arriving March 15th, now I was graced with the glorious "Arriving Tomorrow by 7PM"

Aonuma

Was told limited stock for Bomberman and Zelda through Amazon, and so I won't be getting them until next week. Granted I've seen them ship games at 1130pm so who knows.

I was just told the same thing, even though my preorder is pretty old. Didn't offer me anything except platitudes. Don't think I'll trust Amazon for anything close to release days anymore.

I have a neon pair of Joy-Con and a charging grip preordered from BB and they still haven't even charged my Paypal for it yet. *sigh*

Just finished talking to a CSR as it shows "Being shipped today", got this response:

Upon checking I see that you will receive the item only by Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
Even at the item you place an order, we didn't promise release date delivery.
This item is extremely limited in supply. Not all customers will be able to purchase one on release day.
Release day delivery is not eligible on this item.

Ooof, what was even the point of priority shipping if the date never changed. He did post that answer way faster than someone could type, so might be a canned response from all of us bugging them tonight, haha.

Edit: I was in the first batch of units as well and have Prime.

Kyolux

Screw waiting, I'm downloading Zelda right now. Will probably play all night. Just wish the wii u had an ethernet port.

MutFox

Banned
i'm trying right now to talk to a CSR to see if somehow they can get mine earlier

Prime + Priority = shit now. maybe i'll just cancel Prime since i'm not buying as much as I used to anymore...

Edit: yeah, nothing...even though I explained to them I have Prime, had Priority shipping since the day I preordered, they are saying I won't get it till mid-next week

Did you order from the initial batch on Jan. 13th or a later date?

MutFox

Banned
Jan 13th.
I got my order in within the first 5 minutes they went up

That sucks, i was in the same flurry...
I don't have prime either and originally got express... (just used the 30 days free prime to preorder)
They upgraded me to Priority for free...

People are saying that they'll update the shipping until about 11pm.
So you may still be in luck.
Rooting for you!

BaconHat

Seems my best buy switch will arrive tomorrow judging by Canada Post.
Bit of a shame i won't get my game until next week (Zelda is coming from Amazon, and is not even 'Preparing for Shipment' yet.), but the situation is still better than i thought it would be.
Gonna play some shovel knight to pass the time then.

Peterthumpa

So my order is already in transit, left Richmond, I live in freaking downtown Vancouver and the expected delivery date is Monday? Should I be worried?

So after hearing the disappointing news about my London Drugs order not getting in until next week, I decided to take my chances at EB games midnight launch in Calgary. Managed to get a ticket for a guaranteed switch after only waiting in line for about 45mins. Don't have to be back until 11 or so to line up to pay. Stoked!

So my order is already in transit, left Richmond, I live in freaking downtown Vancouver and the expected delivery date is Monday? Should I be worried?

I'm in the interior, same deal. I looked over some recent purchases and almost always when I have package in Richmond in the afternoon, it gets here over night. I'm thinking Amazon is just being cautious, there's no reason you won't get yours tomorrow, I should get mine too hopefully.

Did your status on the site actually change to match this?

I asked them the same thing and they said I wouldn't get it until next week Wednesday lol. I also live very close to the warehouse.

it says "Arriving 7 Mar - 8 Mar
Preparing for Shipment"

08:21 PM PST Amit: Could I contact the inventory team so that they mark the product as a priority and make it available to you on priority ?
08:22 PM PST XXXX: I already had it on priority shipping, originally it was on PRIME express shipping but i guess that ran out
08:23 PM PST Amit: by this priority I mean they will try ti deliver it to you tomorrow as you live very close to the fulfillment center

he was probably talking B.S.

bigmac996

Mine still hasn't shipped either. Doesn't make sense, they have the order, and have for over a day now. I've got Prime and priority shipping AND live right next to the Mississauga depot, a 20 minute drive.

killroy87

Got a shipping notification from best buy, but it says expected delivery on the sixth. I hope not, especially considering I'm literally 40 min from the depot.

hiim_haz

Banned
it says "Arriving 7 Mar - 8 Mar
Preparing for Shipment"

08:21 PM PST Amit: Could I contact the inventory team so that they mark the product as a priority and make it available to you on priority ?
08:22 PM PST XXXX: I already had it on priority shipping, originally it was on PRIME express shipping but i guess that ran out
08:23 PM PST Amit: by this priority I mean they will try ti deliver it to you tomorrow as you live very close to the fulfillment center

he was probably talking B.S.
I was told by a dude there that mine is guaranteed for same day delivery. Then later told it wasn't. I'm lucky that I ordered from Best Buy too. That's on its way already, but I ordered a pro controller and Zelda from Amazon and both haven't shipped. Just gonna try in the morning at EBGames or best buy to get Zelda and cancel my Amazon order. I thought Amazon Prime would mean you wouldn't need to deal with any of this. I'm not even that mad about the date I'm mad that they keep saying different things.

bigmac996

Got a shipping notification from best buy, but it says expected delivery on the sixth. I hope not, especially considering I'm literally 40 min from the depot.

Wait for your tracking! My pro controller shipped from there earlier and initially said monday, but the canada post tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. Don't give up hope yet!

I was told by a dude there that mine is guaranteed for same day delivery. Then later told it wasn't. I'm lucky that I ordered from Best Buy too. That's on its way already, but I ordered a pro controller and Zelda from Amazon and both haven't shipped. Just gonna try in the morning at EBGames or best buy to get Zelda and cancel my Amazon order. I thought Amazon Prime would mean you wouldn't need to deal with any of this. I'm not even that mad about the date I'm mad that they keep saying different things.

yeah i feel you on that. I mainly wanted it for streaming on twitch but by tonight and tomorrow 91238029320389231 are going to be playing it and i'll miss the rush hype, so im at like a whatever zone mood now, it'll come when it comes type of vibe.

killroy87

Wait for your tracking! My pro controller shipped from there earlier and initially said monday, but the canada post tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. Don't give up hope yet!

Canada post is what's saying Monday

You with Best Buy? I'm in the exact same boat.

JDH

Amazon: Switch Pro Controller - Preparing for Shipment, EST delivery March 8-10
Amazon: Switch Zelda BOTW - Preparing for Shipment, EST delivery March 8-10
Best Buy: Switch Grey console - Nothin'

Fricken no updates from Best Buy and they haven't charged my card yet. I will not be getting it until late next week or later at this rate. Shipping usually takes a good 3-4 business days when ever I order from them.

ahdurian

That sucks, i was in the same flurry...
I don't have prime either and originally got express... (just used the 30 days free prime to preorder)
They upgraded me to Priority for free...

People are saying that they'll update the shipping until about 11pm.
So you may still be in luck.
Rooting for you!

I already had Priority though so...

Mine still hasn't shipped either. Doesn't make sense, they have the order, and have for over a day now. I've got Prime and priority shipping AND live right next to the Mississauga depot, a 20 minute drive.

basically my situation. im like 25-30 minutes drive away from it and they said probably by the 8th ill get it

Jashobeam

So unfortunately I'm bailing out of the Switch hype, with bestbuy screwing around with my shipping date, and also saying my card wasn't working for Zelda Botw Special Edition, I decided to buy the Wii U digital version and downloading it now.

The same card I used to preorder Zelda at bestbuy worked just fine on the digital version, go figure... Glad i came to my senses, Just saved myself a lot of money!

Everyone getting their Switches before the weekend, congrats, you'll be playing the superior version of a masterpiece.

btw the music in the eshop right now is playing the theme of Breath of the Wild, so fucking beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom