• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazTGG

So my copy of Breath of the Wild has yet to ship...Should I wait or should I go the "pick up a copy from ___ retailer and return the amazon copy to ___ retailer" route? If so, who is the most hassle-free option?

eyesradar

So my copy of Breath of the Wild has yet to ship...Should I wait or should I go the "pick up a copy from ___ retailer and return the amazon copy to ___ retailer" route? If so, who is the most hassle-free option?

I always pre-order when there is a deal, but if I want an early copy from certain place at full price for an already pre-ordered game I will just resell the later-arrived pre-order copy on kijiji at retail price minus tax.

veras

For another data point - Toronto, Amazon order, Zelda shipped at 10:45 PM EST (changing from having sat at "Being shipped today" and a delivery date of March 8-10 to Arriving March 3 before 8 PM), Pro Controller and Switch itself still say "Being shipped today" as they have all day (and still have the March 8-10 arrival date)

I'm somewhat optimistic that it will all show up tomorrow though

bigmac996

Does anyone know the procedure for Ebgames tomorrow if one has a preorder? Should I arrive early, or would they have separate lines for preorders and walk-ins? Not sure when I should get out there.

Thanks!

MarkusRJR

Does anyone know the procedure for Ebgames tomorrow if one has a preorder? Should I arrive early, or would they have separate lines for preorders and walk-ins? Not sure when I should get out there.

Thanks!
Some are open early at 9am. For the midnight release my EB is just having us line up all together so it's taking forever, they'll probably do the same for the early opening.

Definitely wait until later in the day, there'll be no wait and they'll save the console for you for 48 hours.

bigmac996

Some are open early at 9am. For the midnight release my EB is just having us line up all together so it's taking forever, they'll probably do the same for the early opening.

Definitely wait until later in the day, there'll be no wait and they'll save the console for you for 48 hours.

Good call, thanks for the tip! And damn, not cool about having a single line. I'd imagine it can be held up severely by trade-ins and things.

So I'm also in the boat of Best Buy order that had an estimated date of Monday by Canada Post originally, but has now adjusted to Friday after a few hours.

Honestly having a hard time buying it given my location, kinda feel like I'm being fed false hope.

Stage On

Trying to decide if I should get the March humble monthly for Total warhammer or wait for a few years for the complete edition once the rest of the trilogy comes out

I'm usually very optimistic, but my Wii U Zelda is still "Preparing for shipment" with target of March 7-8.

Yet I have Prime, express shipping, and talked to a rep yesterday who said the delivery date is just an estimation, and that it'll arrive tomorrow.

Starting to panic...

So I just had a chat with Amazon about my order "being prepared for shipment" in Toronto, with an expected delivery date of Mar 8-10.

The rep said to ignore that and that my Switch would be shipped in a few hours and to expect it later today, she couldn't tell me which carrier though.

KraytarJ

Same for Fort McMurray, I was charged but nothing on shipping yet. We Albertans are red-headed step children of Canada.
Edmontonian here, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones Amazon shipped Zelda and my Switch out. Unfortunately it was by way of intelcom, but hey at least they're coming.

MegaPanda

So I just had a chat with Amazon about my order "being prepared for shipment" in Toronto, with an expected delivery date of Mar 8-10.

The rep said to ignore that and that my Switch would be shipped in a few hours and to expect it later today, she couldn't tell me which carrier though.

oh shit. Taking tomorrow off work then.

I'm in Alberta and my Switch has shipped from Best Buy. It's estimated to arrive on Monday, but it was previously Wednesday a few hours ago.

Maybe tomorrow?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ohlawd

Canada Post first had my Switch delivery date on the 6th. usually have to wait a few more hours for a better estimate

it switched to the 3rd.

AWW HERE WE GO BASED BEST BUY

too bad I didn't buy any Switch games. got the Neon system and Zelda Wii U coming tomorrow lol

I'll buy some cheap eShop shit instead

Moppeh

Banned
Canada Post first had my Switch delivery date on the 6th. usually have to wait a few more hours for a better estimate

it switched to the 3rd.

AWW HERE WE GO BASED BEST BUY

too bad I didn't buy any Switch games. got the Neon system and Zelda Wii U coming tomorrow lol

I'll buy some cheap eShop shit instead

Why's that? Just in case you didn't get a Switch in time?

Double-posting, but this is important for AB-Gaf,

You may want to check your Best Buy orders... Mine says this now:

Scheduled to ship via Canada Post
Delivered Friday Mar. 3

We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.

ohlawd

Why's that? Just in case you didn't get a Switch in time?

cuz that Zelda Wii U order is a reminder of the past when we got decent E3 deals. I have that on preorder for $35... or $45, one of those. still a good deal and it'll probably be the Twilight Princess GC/Wii situation where the old version is more valuable and shit. not opening it, of course

fake edit: Zelda Wii U on BB is $80, same price as Switch version. what the hell. yep, good deal indeed.

Peterthumpa

but-why.gif

Moppeh

Banned
cuz that Zelda Wii U order is a reminder of the past when we got decent E3 deals. I have that on preorder for $35... or $45, one of those. still a good deal and it'll probably be the Twilight Princess GC/Wii situation where the old version is more valuable and shit. not opening it, of course

fake edit: Zelda Wii U on BB is $80, same price as Switch version. what the hell. yep, good deal indeed.

Ah, okay, that makes a lot of sense.

Lizardus

Delivered Friday Mar. 3

We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.

Yeah, got the same thing. What does it mean, apart from the obvious?

Gitaroo

Delivered Friday Mar. 3

mine says the same thing, but status is still "in progress", I think its basically pointless to even use the site now, it shows up when it shows up...

Kyolux

I didn't think this through. The download is finished but it's taking forever to install. And then it'll want to download the patch.

Samemind

How did you know? I'm having a hard time getting these people to tell me how much stock they have?
Stood in line for 4hours to midnight plus 2 hours for the folk with preorders to grab theirs. The two gwntlemen in front of me literally grabbed the ladt two they had. I was literally that guy

Delivered Friday Mar. 3

Mine says the same thing I'm in bc, I'll believe it when I see it.

Northcott

Neo Member

Delivered Friday Mar. 3

my switch and pro controller both say the same as well

Just finished marathoning the For Honor story mode so I can trade it in to pay off Zelda today.........40 dollar game getting me 70 in trade is what this thread is all about.....right?

IceIpor

It's up on Amazon.

Check under more options for the listing. Not that I don't have one on the way already. Good luck to all!

Edit: Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom