• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyne

Got it. Yeah, had Prime on Wife's account and she's asleep, so that's why it wasn't showing up - well, they got a free trial out of me.

Moppeh

Banned
Ah, I forgot you can't get same day shipping in Ottawa.

Is there any chance I can get it later today or is that like legit impossible?

I'm kinda curious to see if I can just walk into my nearby Walmart and see if I can get it there and then cancel my Amazon order.

terrible

Banned
I just canceled a grey switch on best buy since I just ordered one on Amazon. Just a heads up.

edit: nm my order cancellation time out. sorry everyone! i'll have to call to cancel later i guess. their website is crap.

Just bought a Switch... didn't mean to. Damn you gaf and crazy high zelda scores. :p

Free same day shipping on Zelda, express is next week for the console..? Though I don't mind waiting in general.

ZZMitch

Well. I now have Neon Switch + Zelda + Pro Controller ordered on Amazon. RIP wallet.

Didn't see anything about free next day shipping so they say they will be here on Tuesday (Prime 2 day shipping). I just signed up for the Prime trial 15 minute ago haha will have to remember to cancel that after I get my items.

Well. I now have Neon Switch + Zelda + Pro Controller ordered on Amazon. RIP wallet.

Didn't see anything about free next day shipping so they say they will be here on Tuesday (Prime 2 day shipping). I just signed up for the Prime trial 15 minute ago haha will have to remember to cancel that after I get my items.

Also grabbed a neon switch and zelda, though I'm skipping on the pro controller for now (ouch that price!). Zelda has free same day shipping, console might take a little while (but who knows). And yes, RIP wallet!

IceIpor

Neon sold out on Amazon now. Grey still available.
So is Zelda SE. Get this GOTY collectable before it's gone!

Edit: Neon is back. Guess someone cancelled.

ZZMitch

Also grabbed a neon switch and zelda, though I'm skipping on the pro controller for now (ouch that price!). Zelda has free same day shipping, console might take a little while (but who knows). And yes, RIP wallet!

I hesitated on the controller but I know I will buy it eventually anyway so might as well get the value out of it with Zelda early haha

Dyne

I must be out of the regular zone. I'm in a suburb of Vancouver, but I'm getting my game and Ness amiibo on Tuesday, and the Switch on Monday because I paid 3.99 extra. Although kind of silly to get it before a game.

Sidenote: after all that Amiibo craziness. Ness is $10 on Amazon. So much for eb games exclusive

I hesitated on the controller but I know I will buy it eventually anyway so might as well get the value out of it with Zelda early haha

Ha yeah. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually, I just need a bit of time to get over sticker shock. :p

I must be out of the regular zone. I'm in a suburb of Vancouver, but I'm getting my game and Ness amiibo on Tuesday, and the Switch on Monday because I paid 3.99 extra. Although kind of silly to get it before a game.

Sidenote: after all that Amiibo craziness. Ness is $10 on Amazon. So much for eb games exclusive
Which suburb? We're in Delta.

tiijj

I spoke with amazon and one day or same day shipping is not available on my current order.

12:13 AM PST Amazon: Thanks for your patience.
I've checked and confirm that there is no "One day shipping" option is available.

And I can't cancel it (to re-order for same day) since it's the "advanced shipping process"

12:16 AM PST Amazon: Your order has been entered to the advanced shipping process.

terrible

Banned
I spoke with amazon and one day or same day shipping is not available on my current order.

12:13 AM PST Amazon: Thanks for your patience.
I've checked and confirm that there is no "One day shipping" option is available.

And I can't cancel it (to re-order for same day) since it's the "advanced shipping process"

12:16 AM PST Amazon: Your order has been entered to the advanced shipping process.

Are you trying to get one day shipping added to an older order? It sucks that they can't be more flexible.

I'm in Surrey and everything is coming tomorrow, Canada Post is bringing the Switch and a Pro controller, And three Switch games are being delivered by Amazon.

Maximus.

Also, the official Carry Case is back up @ Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N226BBW/022748-20/

Sweet, ordered the case as a backup if I cannot find it in stores when I go to pick up some preorders. Was contemplating picking up the Zelda SE, but I want to play it right away and not have two copies.

MesH

Yup, had it in my cart.......And I ordered it. Damn you Amazon. O well, still have a couple days to cancel it before it ships if the buyers remorse kicks in. Hit EB tomorrow and trade towards a pro controller AND Zelda.

tiijj

overnight 1 click seems to not work but going to the product page like normal does?

ya

SofoslT.jpg

Are you trying to get one day shipping added to an older order? It sucks that they can't be more flexible.

Yep, they said that it's not available on my order.

willoneill

Neo Member
Man, if I don't get my January-preorder Switch today from Amazon when they are selling them with same-day delivery to a bunch of FNG hosers right now, I am gonna lose my shit.

But it sounds like in Toronto they shall be coming no matter what the page says, so I am optimistic.

Hell, we know the things are sitting in a warehouse in Mississauga anyway.

ZZMitch

Also, I think they fixed the $7 for the same day.

Here's the summary:

VotFxEE.jpg

This is for the same day delivery.

Ah good that is worked out. I don't have that for mine but I assume that is because same day delivery is not available out here in Kingston. Can't really complain though since I didn't even pre-order!

terrible

Banned
Also, I think they fixed the $7 for the same day.

Here's the summary:

VotFxEE.jpg

This is for the same day delivery.

They've already taken my money lol. I'll contact them to try to get a $7 credit after I get my Switch. I'm too afraid they'll fuck something up if I do it now haha.

edit:

The dream is alive.

gonSxyW.jpg

I have absolutely no clue what my paypal issue was with my Best Buy order, I thought I was screwed. I used the same credit card I have attached to my paypal account for my Amazon order and it had no issue.

tiijj

Ah good that is worked out. I don't have that for mine but I assume that is because same day delivery is not available out here in Kingston. Can't really complain though since I didn't even pre-order!

Yeah same day for Toronto and Vancouver, and one day for Montreal.

FREE Same-Day or One-Day Delivery
Free delivery by 9 p.m. today or tomorrow

Same-Day Delivery available in Toronto and Vancouver - Learn more
One-Day Delivery available in Montreal - Learn more

Get fast delivery on hundreds of thousands of eligible items
$25 minimum order size
Same-Day orders placed after the daily cutoff (typically noon) arrive the next day. One-day orders arrive the next day.

iiicon

The last three games I ordered from Amazon arrived a week late, but the Guardian amiibo ships on time and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Amazing.

UberTag

Amazon failing once again. lol
Now I don't feel so bad about switching over to Best Buy... again.
Neon Switch w/ Zelda from Best Buy are presently en route. The Switch has already hit my local post office distro facility.

As for my Amazon orders, still no movement on my Pro Controller, Zelda Wii U, Horizon, my PDP case w/ starter kit, my Hori play stand and my Zelda strategy guide.
I'm willing to be patient for that stuff, though.

Firestorm

I was at Oakridge. Gave up and am on the bus home. This is the last bus anyway. Didn't feel like freezing for another hour and a half for my turn. Security only letting a few people in at a time and the pre-order line isn't separate from the walk ins. It's excruciatingly slow.

marcod

My original switch pre-order had no movement on shipping, and said arriving Tuesday. I re-order it and now it says coming by 9PM for the new order. Amazon is so dumb. -_-

Maximus.

I wonder how honest EB is with holding preorders. I have Zelda and a Pro controller preordered, no phone call to confirm from them and with the midnight opening, I wonder if I will have issues picking anything up in the morning.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
My original switch pre-order had no movement on shipping, and said arriving Tuesday. I re-order it and now it says coming by 9PM for the new order. Amazon is so dumb. -_-
I just did the exact same thing. It's peace of mind at least that I'll be able to play Zelda this weekend.

marcod

I just did the exact same thing. It's peace of mind at least that I'll be able to play Zelda this weekend.

Lol, I wasn't even originally going to do it. Plan B was going to the local Walmart and wait in line. But then I saw screenshots here of the new orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom