• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what sucks is tomorrow scalpers will be selling them by the hundreds and people that legit wanted them will be stuck waiting until frig knows when for one.

Truly the Grinch who Stole Switchmas...

I can't sleep fml

espher

All my Best Buy stuff has shipped and has an expected delivery date of next Thursday, per Canada Post. ;_;

The Amazon stuff isn't out the door but given past experience it wouldn't surprise me to only see it on the 13th or 14th.

God I love living in New Brunswick.

soultron

Banned
I grabbed a pro controller thanks to the poster who posted the Amazon links to it being back in stock. I can't believe I just paid 100 for a controller...

Sealtest

So what are the odds Amazon shipped my special edition with my amiibos and just never updated the order? Because it's been at preparing for shipping since yesterday afternoon.

Well, amazon didn't ship my switch all night and it's been shipping now for over 12 hours.

What's the feasibility of going to pick one up this morning at a downtown Toronto ebgames/best buy? Possible?

antibolo

Banned
Goddamnit. My Switch has arrived in Montreal at 05:31 but the estimated delivery has now changed to the 6th. Why the fuck are you doing this to me CP.

Jsheldon

All my Best Buy stuff has shipped and has an expected delivery date of next Thursday, per Canada Post. ;_;

The Amazon stuff isn't out the door but given past experience it wouldn't surprise me to only see it on the 13th or 14th.

God I love living in New Brunswick.

Shipped but looking like next Tuesday for best buy. I have a last second London drugs order for store pick up by the order status shows shipping which likely means it isn't local as I had hoped :/

Currently waiting inside doors are walmart here in winnipeg. 4th in line and I arrived at 5:30 (store opens in just over an hour). I'll be playing zelda today despite BB and LD shipping.

MrFlooD

First time being a Prime member isn't paying off. Zelda and my accessories arnt scheduled to ship till Monday...

Good thing I pre-order the switch at my local EB. Will either pickup Zelda from EB or digitally if they don't have stock.

UberTag

Goddamnit. My Switch has arrived in Montreal at 05:31 but the estimated delivery has now changed to the 6th. Why the fuck are you doing this to me CP.
Man, talk about your troll jobs.

Shipped but looking like next Tuesday for best buy. I have a last second London drugs order for store pick up by three order status shows shipping :/

Currently waiting inside doors are walmart here in winnipeg. 4th in line and I arrived at 5:30 (store opens in just over an hour). I'll be playing zelda today despite BB and LD shipping.
Now this is what I call hardcore effort. Two backup systems fell through and you're still pushing ahead strong to get a Switch for today.

Know what's ridiculous?

My switch didn't ship all night from amazon, but I can order one NOW that will arrive today with free same day shipping.

Might just do it and return the other one.

Megasoum

Banned
Got to Walmart at 7am and was like 6th in line but #3 for a grey one. I have my coupon and I'm warm inside the store.

Easy peasy

Does anyone in Toronto know if it makes sense to go to the EBgames across from Eaton's this morning? Did they sell out of walk ins last night?

Quenk

My Amazon order is still listed as "Shipping Today". It's been like that for almost 24 hours now and the expected delivery is 7th-8th. I'm really disappointed in them because if I ordered at 3am I would have had the option for 1-day and gotten it on the 6th.

My Amazon order is still listed as "Shipping Today". It's been like that for almost 24 hours now and the expected delivery is 7th-8th. I'm really disappointed in them because if I ordered at 3am I would have had the option for 1-day and gotten it on the 6th.

If you have prime, you can order now for same day shipping NOW, at that.

I'm in the same boat as you. Mine's been "shipping now" for like 30 hours now.

Ryne

Got my master edition zelda sitting at my mom's home. My bro is telling me the sword thing feels nice and heavy.

Can't wait to pick it up.

soultron

Banned
Does anyone in Toronto know if it makes sense to go to the EBgames across from Eaton's this morning? Did they sell out of walk ins last night?
Think I read in here that they handed out tickets last night so people would not have to wait in the cold. Those people can return just before opening to get one?

Or was that just for the midnight release?

Samstrike

My switch and Zelda still have not been shipped from Amazon even if the status is ''preparing for shipment'' since yesterday afternoon. Their shipping seem so random it's ridiculous. And I don't have any other option to get the switch today so too bad I guess...

Think I read in here that they handed out tickets last night so people would not have to wait in the cold. Those people can return just before opening to get one?

Or was that just for the midnight release?

I think it was a true midnight release. Don't know though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Got my master edition zelda sitting at my mom's home. My bro is telling me the sword thing feels nice and heavy.

Can't wait to pick it up.
I have to wait for mine to come from the US. :(

EDIT: Wait a minute, I might actually get it today? If I get the Zelda ME from the US before some of you get stuff from Canadian retailers that's some funny shit.

95an1yfm.png

Fumpster

I'm in Ottawa with Amazon Prime and mine won't be shipping until Monday. Bummer. Seems to be all over the place in terms of shipping.

Says it should arrive on Wednesday, but I'm rooting for Tuesday at least.

ahdurian

so i just was reading through the thread from overnight, and you guys were saying that the new shipment on Amazon is shipping with 1 day delivery...

just ordered another Switch, and now says will be here by 9pm.
im scared to cancel my original order now though...

Got this this morning:

"Hello valued PlayStation customer,

We are writing to inform you that PlayStation®Store, including all services such as PlayStation Vue, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Music, will start collecting tax in your state starting April 1, 2017. The sales tax charged on each order is determined by your state, county and city tax rates."

The dream is dead :(

(sorry to interrupt all the Switch posts :p )

NYR

Double-posting, but this is important for AB-Gaf,

You may want to check your Best Buy orders... Mine says this now:

Scheduled to ship via Canada Post
Delivered Friday Mar. 3

We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.
Mine says this too. So frustrating.

Ryne

I have to wait for mine to come from the US. :(

EDIT: Wait a minute, I might actually get it today? If I get the Zelda ME from the US before some of you get stuff from Canadian retailers that's some funny shit.

95an1yfm.png

I ordered it from gamestop in the US as well. Came from Kentucky.

Grimsen

Got this this morning:

We are writing to inform you that PlayStation®Store, including all services such as PlayStation Vue, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Music, will start collecting tax in your state starting April 1, 2017. The sales tax charged on each order is determined by your state, county and city tax rates."

Which US state do you have your account set to?

grumble

Got this this morning:

As sad as it is for our wallets, it's been pretty unfair that retail has to pay tax and online didn't. Screws over local businesses

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A bunch of orders have started to update. Looks like next week for everything, including BotW SE. (Toronto, Prime)

Thankfully I have the console preordered in store, so I'll be playing mostly eShop stuff this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom