• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cru Jones

Guy and his wife in line in front of me at EBgames. They both are carrying a switch from Walmart purchases at 6am and are both picking one up at EBGames. The scalpers are out in force.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Guy and his wife in line in front of me at EBgames. They both are carrying a switch from Walmart purchases at 6am and are both picking one up at EBGames. The scalpers are out in force.

Jokes on them. I think this will be another Wii U situation where scalpers will be hoarding all the consoles but the demand won't be there. The console is already really expensive at $399 and only has one game worth playing on it right now(which is available on the Wii U as well), no one is going to be paying more than MSRP for this thing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Good for them. I'll never begrudge people who follow the 1 per customer rule. I'd only have a problem if the store allowed them to buy them all.

shira

Jokes on them. I think this will be another Wii U situation where scalpers will be hoarding all he consoles but the demand won't be there. The console is already really expensive at $399 and only has one game worth playing on it right now(which is available on the Wii U as well), no one is going to be paying more than MSRP for this thing.

charm_smile.gif

Luigi87

Good for them. I'll never begrudge people who follow the 1 per customer rule. I'd only have a problem if the store allowed them to buy them all.
Yeah as much as I dislike scalpers, I can't argue with this. I remember going to Zellers when GameCube came out and a couple buying like 20 units and the store allowing it.

Jsheldon

I'm number 4 in line at Walmart and the switch systems are getting scanned as not for sale at the register as of 7:07....no question this will get resolved - hopefully quickly :S

FrsDvl

Hopefully I'll be able to grab one at Walmart if I show up at 8.. I would've gone earlier but I have my daughter over and I don't want to wait outside with her.

laroquo

After over 12 hours of "preparing to ship" and no chance of receiving the Switch today even though I'm literally 45 mins from the Amazon warehouse, and preordered the SECOND it came on sale, and being a Prime customer that has bought THOUSANDS from Amazon, I strolled into Wal-Mart 45 minutes after opening, walked to electronics and purchased my Switch for weekend enjoyment. Over 500 dollars of purchases cancelled from Amazon while strolling out of Walmart.

Amazon is enraging.

UberTag

Canada Post just updated my Best Buy Switch and Zelda to "out for delivery" status here in Kitchener.
Amazon finally charged me for my Pro Controller but I'm not expecting it to arrive until early next week.

After over 12 hours of "preparing to ship" and no chance of receiving the Switch today even though I'm literally 45 mins from the Amazon warehouse, and preordered the SECOND it came on sale, and being a Prime customer that has bought THOUSANDS from Amazon, I strolled into Wal-Mart 45 minutes after opening, walked to electronics and purchased my Switch for weekend enjoyment. Over 500 dollars of purchases cancelled from Amazon while strolling out of Walmart.

Amazon is enraging.

Same. This sucks

After all the fuss about pre-orders, I definitely wasn't expecting Amazon to still have Switch stock five hours after they put out that fresh allotment for Prime members.

Adventures in Amazon CSR, non-Switch edition.

[Current Status: No shipping estimate]

Dslay: When will this game ship?
Ama: It comes out on Tuesday so it will ship then.
Dslay: So there's no release date delivery?
Ama: Yes release date delivery is for Prime members only.
Dslay: I am a Prime member.
Ama: You will get it on release day.

You know what sucks is tomorrow scalpers will be selling them by the hundreds and people that legit wanted them will be stuck waiting until frig knows when for one.

Truly the Grinch who Stole Switchmas...

I can't sleep fml

It's in stock almost everywhere. Scalpers won't get shit.

Jo-El

Yesss! Amazon shipped Zelda and it should be here today!
Nooo! The eb games I have a bunch of double credit at has no more Switches in stock!

Oh well. I guess this gives me a good excuse to play through Horizon before I start Zelda.

Well I said eff it and ordered a second switch from amazon because it will actually be delivered today (ridiculous since I have had a switch preordered since the minute it originally went up and it still hasn't budged).

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Goddamnit. My Switch has arrived in Montreal at 05:31 but the estimated delivery has now changed to the 6th. Why the fuck are you doing this to me CP.

My switch was probably in the same truck as you.. I don't even have an update that it has arrived to Montreal yet though. Maybe my guy stopped too many times in the Tim Hortons on the 401 -_-;

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
Best buy Switch order arrived this morning bright and early at like 7:30am via Canada Post. St. Catharines, ON.

Too bad I'm in Toronto until tonight... T-T

Which US state do you have your account set to?

Actually... you got me questioning this.

The email went to my work email?? My account isn't registered to that one. Nor did it get any email about taxes being added.

So this may be a false alarm.

Looking into this, 'cause its weird.

hiim_haz

Banned
From their PoV or Nintendo's? I've been letting people that wanted a Switch know Amazon has stock atm, but half of them aren't even awake yet. ;)

Amazon has been atrocious. First time I ever tried to order a console on launch from Amazon, will be the last time lol.

tgraham

Neo Member
Wowww f*ck canada post! They said they tried to deliver and left a noticed card but they definately did not as I was home and nothing was left at all...now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up...lol what a joke.

Wowww f*ck canada post! They said they tried to deliver and left a noticed card but they definately did not as I was home and nothing was left at all...now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up...lol what a joke.

At least you do not have to wait until Monday! (trying to see the positive while 95% of my stuff did not ship)

Adventures in Amazon CSR, non-Switch edition.

[Current Status: No shipping estimate]

Dslay: When will this game ship?
Ama: It comes out on Tuesday so it will ship then.
Dslay: So there's no release date delivery?
Ama: Yes release date delivery is for Prime members only.
Dslay: I am a Prime member.
Ama: You will get it on release day.

Lol

Lexxism

It might be delivered today on your local shoppers. Try checking the tracking and you can pick it up later

this varies from location to location but try going to pick up your package like an hour before closing time. By then the employees will have likely done whatever admin work they need to on it. If you ask nice they'll probably get it for you.

But yeah I feel you on that. I got my lobby channel on and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom