• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoStarslayer

Neo Member
I got screwed hard by Amazon. First console launch I got excited enough to jump in, and my order has been sitting at "Shipping Today" since yesterday. Talk to CSR and they tell me it was a technical glitch and I should wait as it will be shipped as early as possible.

Meanwhile I get a email saying my order's priority was changed to the priority it already was, I wonder if they can only handle so many release day shipments that they are holding out till the customer raises an issue to their CSR's?

Hopefully things are fixed now?

Downtown Toronto if it helps, neon switch + BOTW.

B-Dex

Wowww f*ck canada post! They said they tried to deliver and left a noticed card but they definately did not as I was home and nothing was left at all...now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up...lol what a joke.

Canada Post delivered my bag i ordered online. But since so had no cash for a customs charge and the lady refused to take any of my cards I had to wait a day and go pick it up from shoppers. Totally bizarre.

NYR

Can't access my Best Buy order. Debating ordering from Amazon and doing one day delivery for Calgary.

Wowww f*ck canada post! They said they tried to deliver and left a noticed card but they definately did not as I was home and nothing was left at all...now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up...lol what a joke.

Surprised, this is usually a UPS/Purolator/FedEx problem with me.

Bombs

Neo Member
My Amazon has been in Preparing for Shipment for 24 hours now. Luckily, I managed to grab a Switch from a local Walmart instead. Loading up Zelda on it now so I can play it after work.

Jo-El

Amazon only took 11% off zelda on my prime order. I guess I'll have to get them to fix that. Hopefully it didn't happen to anyone else here.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon only took 11% off zelda on my prime order. I guess I'll have to get them to fix that. Hopefully it didn't happen to anyone else here.

It's the same for my SE order, but I'm just waiting until after they ship at this point (next week it looks like..) before I rip them a new one.

Prime is basically me having to fight to get 20% off on every game and not getting release day shipping. What a waste of time and energy.

Lizardus

Fuck BB and Amazon. Gonna go to Walmart and EB tomorrow after work to see if I can pick up a Switch. I ordered from both of them as soon as it went up and neither has shipped.

Hopefully they aren't scarce.

Edit: looks like Zelda SE from Amazon arrived in 4 AM in Edmonton. Could I really get it today in fort mac? It shipped last night from Ontario.

veras

Have I missed the cutoff for same day delivery from Amazon (Toronto)? Considering cancelling my limbo order for one that will actually have a delivery date

tgraham

Neo Member
Yesterday someone mentioned that you wouldn't be able to return a nintendo switch from another store to best buy. Does anyone know if this is true? I wanted to play the one I got from BB until I can score one from EB using all of my store credits and then return it at BB.

Jo-El

It's the same for my SE order, but I'm just waiting until after they ship at this point (next week it looks like..) before I rip them a new one.

Prime is basically me having to fight to get 20% off on every game and not getting release day shipping. What a waste of time and energy.

They haven't even shipped yours? Damn, I would be pissed. They at least sent my out yesterday. They best compensate you somehow.

Xbudz

Best Buy... You fucked up.

Preordered January, they still haven't charged me for my Switch.. but they are happily sending me Zelda and the Pro Controller on day one.

Now I have to go lineup outside of a store and hope to get lucky.

Yesterday someone mentioned that you wouldn't be able to return a nintendo switch from another store to best buy. Does anyone know if this is true? I wanted to play the one I got from BB until I can score one from EB using all of my store credits and then return it at BB.

wait what?? you want to buy it at ebgames and then return it at BB? am I reading what you said wrong. You can't do that....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Apparently BotW SE not being eligible for release day shipping has fucked the rest of my orders as well.

Even though I put every Switch game in a separate order, they have decided to bundle them all. Generally okay, but because BotW SE is delayed until next week, everything else is delayed with it.

If it's like PS4 or Xbox, then yes it's true; unlike returning games, there's a unique serial number on the console that needs to match with the receipt.

tgraham

Neo Member
Yeah thats exactly what I want to do....I have done it with games many times no biggie and usually you can do it with consoles as well but this is the first I have heard of them scanning the serial numbers.

tiijj

Have I missed the cutoff for same day delivery from Amazon (Toronto)? Considering cancelling my limbo order for one that will actually have a delivery date

If the order status is preparing for shipment or being shipped today, I don't think you can cancel it anymore since it's in what they call "advanced shipping process".

Sora_N

Err serial numbers son.

Yeah thats exactly what I want to do....I have done it with games many times no biggie and usually you can do it with consoles as well but this is the first I have heard of them scanning the serial numbers.

Games? Yes. It's just a barcode. Companies countered this by having "Best Buy Exclusive" or other store logos on the box (but not anymore). Consoles, since the PS3 days, have serial number that needs to match when returning.

tgraham

Neo Member
lol who you callin son? I have done it with consoles in the past....so uh ya is not that crazy of an idea. I guess things have changed

Gitaroo

Gaffers from Alberta ordered Switch from BB, are your systems being delivered today? I can check mine cuz site is screwed and recieve no email.

btkadams

Did Nintendo not send enough stock to stores in time? It seems like there are a lot of people with deliveries next week or things still not shipped.

It seems like there is a lot of stock available now though, since it's still available for order on several sites. Even the pro controller and joy-con charging grip are in stock on Amazon and those were sold out for a long time. I guess they just couldn't get enough for March 3rd delivery.

Wonder if there's a lot of items being shipped today. My stuff's still stuck at "Item Processed" at my local distribution center. Waiting for that lovely "Item Out for Delivery" notif...

antibolo

Banned
Out for delivery!

Best Buy, Montreal, neon

In related news my Zelda from Amazon is still stuck in "Preparing for shipment" with a shipping (not delivery) estimate for the 6th. I'm probably just going to cancel it while I still can. Get bent Amazon, even with the 20% discount I don't want to give you any money for this fuckup.

Alexlf

Managed to pick up a switch from walmart this morning, so I went to cancel my order from amazon. Can't apparently. Even though it hasn't shipped yet amazon says they are unable to cancel the order. I contacted a CSR who said it would probably ship on monday, yet still insisted that I couldn't cancel the order. Thanks amazon, 10/10 customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom