• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the greatest interaction with an Amazon CS representative.

Me: "My Switch and Zelda have been stuck in 'Shipping Now' status since yesterday. If I go look at the Zelda product page it says I could order it today with priority shipping and get it tomorrow. Why do I have to wait until Wednesday if I placed my order in January?"

Mary: "I am in the same boat as you tbh".

LOL. We talked a little longer and apparently these shipments are happening in bulk. Some people are getting theirs today because their order was on a pallet that got picked up by a carrier. Mine is in "Shipping Now" mode because it's already on a skid, but hasn't been picked up yet. Others who still have the "Pre-ordered" status haven't even gotten to that point. Poor Mary apparently was one of the unfortunate folks in the latter category.

So yeah. If it's Amazon delivering, MAYBE I'll get it today, if not chances are I'll get it on Monday.

The grey console is up for Prime members. Currently listed as "in stock". This Zelda hype has got me feeling a type of way. I might just pull the trigger...

Luigi87

Me: "My Switch and Zelda have been stuck in 'Shipping Now' status since yesterday. If I go look at the Zelda product page it says I could order it today with priority shipping and get it tomorrow. Why do I have to wait until Wednesday if I placed my order in January?"

Mary: "I am in the same boat as you tbh"..

lmao, that's an amazing response.

Edit: Also the EB I was at, well after 8:30 while I was still in line, people would come in and they still had additional tickets for walk-ins, lol.

PaulCRose

Mary: "I am in the same boat as you tbh".

LOL. We talked a little longer and apparently these shipments are happening in bulk. Some people are getting theirs today because their order was on a pallet that got picked up by a carrier. Mine is in "Shipping Now" mode because it's already on a skid, but hasn't been picked up yet. Others who still have the "Pre-ordered" status haven't even gotten to that point. Poor Mary apparently was one of the unfortunate folks in the latter category.

So yeah. If it's Amazon delivering, MAYBE I'll get it today, if not chances are I'll get it on Monday.

That makes sense in a frustrating way. Mine is stuck in preparing to ship, hopefully it'll move soon.

Who wants to read a chat transcript with an Amazon supervisor?

Amazon: Hello, I'm Annie from Amazon leadership team, I'm here to help you.

Me: Hi Annie

Amazon: Please give me a moment let me look in to this for you.

Me: Sure, thanks

Amazon: Thanks for your patience.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay.

Me: I want to understand how you guys prioritize shipments. I pre-ordered this item June of 2015.
Yesterday the item showed up as in stock
Yet I'm still waiting.

Amazon: I'm sorry, we rely on our suppliers for the items.
Since the supplier was not able to supply this item on the promised date your order has been delayed.

Me: I understand you have suppliers, I just don't understand why someone who pre-ordered the game has to wait for second and third shipments.
I want an answer to that, please.

Amazon: We do want our customers to receive all the orders on time.
But sometimes delay may occur beyond our control.

Me: Has Amazon shipped zero copies of this game?

Amazon: However I've forwarded your concern to the appropriate team they will investigate and take necessary action.
I've checked our website and see that now we have obtained this item from our suppliers.
And we are fulfilling customer orders on the first come first serve basis.

Me: Again, I pre-ordered this item June of 2015, pretty much as soon as it became available for pre-order. It's definitely not first come first serve.

Amazon: I'm sorry for this ********, this is an fully automated process.

Me: Then it's broken, isn't it?

Amazon: You will receive your order shortly.
Once your order ships out we will send you a shipment confirmation email.
We expect to ship your order by March 6, 2017.
You will receive this order by March 7, 2017.

Me: Yeah, that's the problem. You tell me you have the item in stock now, how it's first come first serve, yet I still have to wait another three days for it to ship out.

Amazon: I've checked our website and see that this item is not eligible for fastest shipping method.
Since we are filling these orders from different fulfillment centers.
I hope you understand our limitation in this regard.

Me: Not really, no.

Amazon: I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

FN-2187

Wonder if there's a lot of items being shipped today. My stuff's still stuck at "Item Processed" at my local distribution center. Waiting for that lovely "Item Out for Delivery" notif...

Same here. It's also cold, a Friday and it snowed a little bit. Any one of those and my mailman loves to take the day off.

trixx

They had a lot of extras at eb games and walmart at scarborough town centre. I just got mine from EB.

Lots of Zeldas at EB also

Zelda SE from Amazon just arrived, its way bigger than I thought

QcMULLj.jpg

Still waiting on EB Games for the console -_-;

is there a wait period after a game releases before EB takes it as trade in? I have a Wildlands Walmart preorder (for $50) from Walmart i can't cancel. So instead of returning, i might trade in to EB with the double switch promotion once i get it.

KraytarJ

is there a wait period after a game releases before EB takes it as trade in? I have a Wildlands Walmart preorder (for $50) from Walmart i can't cancel. So instead of returning, i might trade in to EB with the double switch promotion once i get it.
I'm pretty sure the promotion runs until April. 2 weeks should be fine.

Luigi87

I don't think there is. It just has to be opened since trading in sealed games is considered a red flag, so it's frowned upon.

Happy dance. Just called London drugs and my switch should be ready to pick up early next week.

Might as well buy Zelda and pick up my pro controller today

Jaruru

Neon from bestbuy preorder arriving today
Went to Walmart this morning and all gone, was gonna grab one for friend. But got Zelda from there

kalgore

Neo Member
I got in line at a Walmart at 6:30 this morning they were nice enough to let us wait inside. I ended up with a Neon Switch, Zelda and a Zelda case. The store had about 50 switches of which 12 were Neon and about 8 pro controllers....

If anyone knows someone who wants to sell their copy of Horizon so I can fuck off with Amazon and actually have something to play this weekend, shoot me a PM.

bakawind

Neo Member
Sigh, my Switch pre-order from Amazon isn't shipping out until Monday. I decided to check the store page and it was back in stock. I ended up ordering a second switch from Amazon and that one is coming tomorrow (Saturday). I guess they really don't have a priority system at Amazon.

neeksleep

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy and have their Canadapost tracking page say it's delivered without it actually having been delivered?

Mine said it was delivered over an hour ago, but I haven't had anyone come to the door, none of the nearby posts offices have it and the mailbox is empty. Wondering if they pre-preemptively sign it as delivered before going out for some reason.

Lizardus

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy and have their Canadapost tracking page say it's delivered without it actually having been delivered?

Mine said it was delivered over an hour ago, but I haven't had anyone come to the door, none of the nearby posts offices have it and the mailbox is empty. Wondering if they pre-preemptively sign it as delivered before going out for some reason.

Yeah, I've had that happen few times before.

Sigh, my Switch pre-order from Amazon isn't shipping out until Monday. I decided to check the store page and it was back in stock. I ended up ordering a second switch from Amazon and that one is coming tomorrow (Saturday). I guess they really don't have a priority system at Amazon.

Mine was shipping Monday too but I bugged them again and they upgraded it to next day so shipping today arriving Monday. They've actually been pretty helpful every time I've contacted them about Switch which I think is because stock isn't as short as expected.

This has also happened to me. A bit annoying but not usually much of an issue.

terrible

Banned

I've had them mark it as delivered well before they actually delivered it before. Not just once but multiple times, it isn't super uncommon. No need to worry yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
didn't EB state that they weren't taking any walk-ins?

My local EB had a line for walk-ins (including consoles) and a line for preorders.

They were upselling the warranty really hard with the "Nintendo won't have replacement systems for 6-8 months" line.

Kyuur

Standing in line at TRU! They have 9 extra gray, about 8 people in line already with 30 min to go. Just me and one other guy for pre-orders so I guess most folks are just being sane and waiting til later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom