• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitaroo

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy and have their Canadapost tracking page say it's delivered without it actually having been delivered?

Mine said it was delivered over an hour ago, but I haven't had anyone come to the door, none of the nearby posts offices have it and the mailbox is empty. Wondering if they pre-preemptively sign it as delivered before going out for some reason.

pretty common during holiday season or in this case, console launch. I even have stuffs says delivered on Friday then shows up on the following monday.

neeksleep

To all the responses, Thanks! I kind of figured it might be the case for situations like this, but the itch to get everything is at maximum unscratched level right about now

Anyone pre-order from Best Buy and have their Canadapost tracking page say it's delivered without it actually having been delivered?

Mine said it was delivered over an hour ago, but I haven't had anyone come to the door, none of the nearby posts offices have it and the mailbox is empty. Wondering if they pre-preemptively sign it as delivered before going out for some reason.

If you look at the timing it's generally a couple of minutes after it's sent out for delivery that they mark it as "delivered".

Nothing to be concerned about, it happens quite often. Just take it as it's on its way.

I don't think this console is going to have much demand post-launch until the Holiday season. There's simply nothing worth playing until then, and any games they announce at E3.

Moltenix

So, how many weeks do you think it'll be until people can just walk into any store and pick up a system?

I kinda want one even though I said i'd wait for the holidays >_>

Swap my Wii U Zelda for a Switch one with EB's 2x credit. Maybe dump MK8 and (assuming it's still $50 credit with the 2x?) get a preorder in for the Switch one.

Sigh, my Switch pre-order from Amazon isn't shipping out until Monday. I decided to check the store page and it was back in stock. I ended up ordering a second switch from Amazon and that one is coming tomorrow (Saturday). I guess they really don't have a priority system at Amazon.

Would be interesting if your new order ended up pulling your old order into the same delivery, priority tomorrow.

tgraham

Neo Member
Do you guys think I would be able to return the zelda special edition I get from amazon to best buy no problem or is there a chance that big box has its own serial like the consoles? Best buy one should be here today but the amazon one says march 8th so I don't want to wait and my amazon one was like 20$ cheaper with prime

Savitar

Had the greatest interaction with an Amazon CS representative.

Me: "My Switch and Zelda have been stuck in 'Shipping Now' status since yesterday. If I go look at the Zelda product page it says I could order it today with priority shipping and get it tomorrow. Why do I have to wait until Wednesday if I placed my order in January?"

Mary: "I am in the same boat as you tbh".

LOL. We talked a little longer and apparently these shipments are happening in bulk. Some people are getting theirs today because their order was on a pallet that got picked up by a carrier. Mine is in "Shipping Now" mode because it's already on a skid, but hasn't been picked up yet. Others who still have the "Pre-ordered" status haven't even gotten to that point. Poor Mary apparently was one of the unfortunate folks in the latter category.

So yeah. If it's Amazon delivering, MAYBE I'll get it today, if not chances are I'll get it on Monday.

That is the best. I love it when you meet a Amazon rep who shares the same likes as you and you kinda chat a bit, happened to me before too.

Xbudz

Well, I'm number two in line at London Drugs.

I can't get I to my Best Buy order to cancel it.
Hope I don't end up getting charged while I'm in this line, LOL.

I guess it's possible to call customer service and cancel.

watership

Sigh, my Switch pre-order from Amazon isn't shipping out until Monday. I decided to check the store page and it was back in stock. I ended up ordering a second switch from Amazon and that one is coming tomorrow (Saturday). I guess they really don't have a priority system at Amazon.

They do, but Nintendo does things their own way. Amazon has priority shipping for new things like movies/games, and for anything in their warehouse. With Prime, I can order something in the morning and it will be here by 3pm. I think they had a deal with Nintendo to ship from Nintendo's warehouse, and my switch isn't getting here until the 7th.

Belickade

Neo Member
Mailman showed up with a huge ass box. Thought to myself, "I guess my Switch really did ship?" I open it up to find an XB1 game in a box of this size:

3kstcwKh.jpg
]

And what the hell is up with this label? Lol...

ozhenson

West Edmonton mall London drugs.

But I will never preorder anything online to get it shipped again

I'm 2 blocks away, think it would be worth coming to check if there are going to be enough? Was considering trying Jasper gates London drugs as it would likely have a shorter line.

Megasoum

Banned
Decided not to pickup a Pro Controller with my console and Zelda at Walmart this morning (they had them on the shelf).

Got to work and regretted it and now of course there's none in stores around my office so I just ordered one from Amazon. Says I'll get it Thursday but I imagine that this is a conservative estimate.

N° 2048

I don't think this console is going to have much demand post-launch until the Holiday season. There's simply nothing worth playing until then, and any games they announce at E3.

100% agree. This is why I'm not getting a Switch until mid 2018 earliest. There is nothing good out for it, imo.

It's basically a Zelda machine. 1-2 Switch and all those motion games will get boring fast. That leaves Mario and that's it.

MK = port
Splatoon = doesn't even look like a sequel.

Meanwhile on PS4 I got Horizon, Persona 5, Prey, Tekken, Nier, Mass Effect, Yakuza 0 etc I could go on with the amazing games coming out for PS4 this year.

Bluenoser

So this is how fucked up Amazon was on BotW preorders.

I had it pre-ordered, and the CS rep upgraded me to expedited, and my delivery estimate was Mar 7-8.

I cancelled it, and ordered it this morning, under the regular prime 2 day shipping, and it's going to be delivered Mar 7 guaranteed. Like what the fuck Amazon? First the game doesn't qualify for release day delivery and now, I can get it faster by waiting for release?

Gotta fix this shit.

100% agree. This is why I'm not getting a Switch until mid 2018 earliest. There is nothing good out for it, imo.

It's basically a Zelda machine. 1-2 Switch and all those motion games will get boring fast. That leaves Mario and that's it.

MK = port
Splatoon = doesn't even look like a sequel.

Meanwhile on PS4 I got Horizon, Persona, Prey, Tekken, Nier, Mass Effect, Yakuza 0 etc I could go on with the amazing games coming out for PS4 this year.

whynotboth.jpg

I hear you, but so what if it's just a Zelda machine? Unless you're expecting the price of the console to dramatically drop between now and mid 2018, why deprive yourself of playing Zelda for 18 months? You still get to play your PS4 while you wait for Nintendo to release more software. Your point would be more valid if Switch was going to be your only console.

hiim_haz

Banned
Amazon JUST shipped my Switch, Zelda and Pro Controller. Too bad I already have the Best Buy Switch order coming in, and walked into EBGames to get a Pro Controller and Zelda. Amazon's getting everything returned.

So this is how fucked up Amazon was on BotW preorders.

I had it pre-ordered, and the CS rep upgraded me to expedited, and my delivery estimate was Mar 7-8.

I cancelled it, and ordered it this morning, under the regular prime 2 day shipping, and it's going to be delivered Mar 7 guaranteed. Like what the fuck Amazon? First the game doesn't qualify for release day delivery and now, I can get it faster by waiting for release?

Gotta fix this shit.

Same deal with the switch itself. Ordering it now means getting it today. Preordering it months ago means getting it next week.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

I don't know about your region but in my experience, in montreal downtown, some lazy postman scan the thing as delivered while it's in the truck, they do their run without the package because it's too heavy or some shit (i was told that by one postman once for a freaking SSD wth) and they deliver it directly to the nearby center after their day..

Mr. F

Banned
Man I fucked up. Got to best buy 10 mins late for walk ins, then missed the second wave of Amazon orders while on the subway.

Feels bad man :(

N° 2048

whynotboth.jpg

I hear you, but so what if it's just a Zelda machine? Unless you're expecting the price of the console to dramatically drop between now and mid 2018, why deprive yourself of playing Zelda for 18 months? You still get to play your PS4 while you wait for Nintendo to release more software. Your point would be more valid if Switch was going to be your only console.

I have a Wii U and will just borrow my little brother's copy.

NYR

Says there's three more on Amazon right now.
Amazon is technically out despite saying 3 left:

Seller information:
Amazon.ca
Back-ordered. Due in stock March 11 -- order now to reserve yours
Shipping rates and return policy.
Amazon protects every purchase with an A-to-Z guarantee.

Savitar

Haha I saw boogie do that. Did Nintendo really put something on them to keep kids from putting in their mouth? Does it get on your fingers?

They added a chemical giving it a bad taste to make sure small children didn't swallow them. It's nothing that will harm you but the taste, the taste is suppose to be god awful and will stick with you for a good hour or two after.

Dazzler

I hope the scalpers get burned on this, there's like 50 Switches up on Craigslist right now

I'll never understand the mentality of people who line up for consoles or pre-order them just to flip

Greedy fucks

Haha, figured as much. This is what I get for only getting Switch lust on release day! Looks like Ill just wait for somewhere to have one I can just walk in and get. Though this is the one time of the day that WEM is actually enjoyable.
2 lineups t EB games WEM. Not that long though. Didn't ask any questions as I'm heading downtown to pick up my pro controller. Can't believe the switch box fits in my laptop backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom