• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Got to ebgames at 6am. 3 other people there before me (but in their cars). One guy had been there since 4am. Was a fun group, talked while freezing our asses off. By 715 the walk-in allotment was done. Went in, got the console and pro controller and was out by 815. And just now sold the system at cost to someone else. (well he posted a "wanted" ad with $460, so I guess I made like a $8 profit, LOL)

The things I do for double trade in credit. But looking at it a certain way, it was either get the switch or forfeit $225. And what I did was basically wait outside in the cold for 2 hours, for $225. If that were an actual job that payed that way, I would do it. LOL.

Gotta admit, was really tempted to keep the system once I had it in my house.

Will be "making the switch" sometime next year probably when there's a better bundle deal and more games out, or maybe even further when they pull a 2DS and make a non-portable version that's much cheaper (I really, really have no use for portability).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got my Zelda ME from the US and I'm still waiting for my Switch from BB.ca to change to "out for delivery". :lol

Orca

Swung by Walmart here before work to see how the Switch was being received. They had one guy waiting when it opened and had sold one every five or six minutes since. Still had a couple left about an hour ago, so I imagine they're sold out now.

Struck out everywhere for the Switch. Now I will have a Zelda Switch special edition with no console to play it lol. Ah well, thank goodness for the Wii U E3 pre-order 3 years ago.
At least I'll get to enjoy Zelda this weekend on that.

Same. I can't see my order or any of my historical orders at all.

I'm done with Best Buy.

Yup. I've been getting the same error since I first checked on my 2015 Wii U Zelda order yesterday. I was amazed that it still wasn't accessible this morning. Best Buy's website is shite.

My best guess is that any orders that are due to send have basically been taken offline until they change the status. I can check any other order in my history no problem. In this day and age when they are in heavy competition with Amazon this is pretty laughable.

Lol you're killing me, Wreckus :p Did you get your Switch yet?
Yea. On the bus now heading to EB downtown to pick up the pro controller I preordered a while ago. Probably try and grab a case and Zelda if I'm lucky( somehow got some today, don't know why). Very worse I'll buy Zelda on the Nintendo estore.

But seriously, I hate ordering stuff online and getting it shipped. Best Buy experience gave me more hatred for it.

-Deimos

Mailman showed up with a huge ass box. Thought to myself, "I guess my Switch really did ship?" I open it up to find an XB1 game in a box of this size:

And what the hell is up with this label? Lol...
I wanna know what the person who packaged that was thinking.

nordique

Lucky to have got a switch walk in at mid night launch.

Figured ill never ay my Wii u again so just take advantage of the trade in deals.

Very impressed and happy with the system.

sj00

DT Toronto here, my grey switch preorder from BB arrived about half an hour ago. My Zelda SE from Amazon still has yet to ship...

Mr. F

Banned
Amazon is back in stock for March 11th shipments. Is that my best bet at this rate? No clue when other stores are getting new stock

Dalius

Neon Switch from BB & Zelda and Pro Controller from Amazon are all "Out for Delivery" in the GTA since ~8:40AM. I really hope they don't pull some "Delivery Attempt Failed" BS on me due to how cold & windy it is outside

veras

Amazon finally shipped (Toronto) my Switch and Pro controller (ordered as soon as they were available, with Prime), they're saying Monday delivery which is pretty sad considering orders made this morning arrive today

Hopefully it's wrong and shows up today but I'm not holding my breath

NYR

Alberta checking in. Best Buy has finally charged my MasterCard and I can re-check my order online again. No delivery details. Fuck you Best Buy.

MrFlooD

Is it confirmed existing EShop cards work with Switch? Might need to buy Zelda Digitally today if Bestbuy has no stock. (Amazon Screwed up my shipping)

If I end up keeping mine: I'm going in pretty blind, how do the two controllers charge? Other than docking them to the tablet, apparently the included grip doesn't charge them?

Fucking lol. I finally got to see my order on Best Buy again, so decided to call them. They have a new menu path for Switch inquiries that tells you to look online, and then hangs up.

Haines

Banned
Lots at the toys r us I got my preorder.

A few pro controllers and se zelda etc

I just grabbed a pro controller and there were prob 5 left when I left.

This is why you don't do launches online.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
oX5Oo23m.png

Why won't you mooooooove? :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Spent the night playing Horizon and didnt wake up in time to lineup.

Oh well Im sure itll be available in a week or two.

Is it still safe to cancel an order on Amazon if it's "Preparing to ship"?

I want to cancel and just get Zelda WiiU digital because it won't arrive until Monday. But I don't wanna deal with credit card refunding and all that

Both my BB and my gf's new order from midnight on amazon haven't shipped.

Jimmies are well and thoroughly rustled, given that zelda will be out for delivery within the next hour, and I have a pro controller, ac adapter just waiting for me at Eb

My copy of Zelda Wii U is out for delivery
delivery​. Can't wait!

I also can't wait for everyone to get their stuff so the shipping talk can die down..... Until the next big thing comes along!

kurahadol

Showed up to EB at 730, was 13th in line for non-preorder and snagged a switch. Doors opened at 8. Seems like they got a good amount of non-preorder ones, the stack of tickets was still quite thick when he handed me mine. I'd guess 30-40, which is surprising for a small city in New Brunswick.

Edit: Some guy somehow snagged a Master Edition there too, needless to say he was pretty ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom