• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenoser

Got to ebgames at 6am. 3 other people there before me (but in their cars). One guy had been there since 4am. Was a fun group, talked while freezing our asses off. By 715 the walk-in allotment was done. Went in, got the console and pro controller and was out by 815. And just now sold the system at cost to someone else. (well he posted a "wanted" ad with $460, so I guess I made like a $8 profit, LOL)

The things I do for double trade in credit. But looking at it a certain way, it was either get the switch or forfeit $225. And what I did was basically wait outside in the cold for 2 hours, for $225. If that were an actual job that payed that way, I would do it. LOL.

Gotta admit, was really tempted to keep the system once I had it in my house.

Will be "making the switch" sometime next year probably when there's a better bundle deal and more games out, or maybe even further when they pull a 2DS and make a non-portable version that's much cheaper (I really, really have no use for portability).

Wait, if you did a bunch of trades towards the Switch, didn't that mean you had one pre-ordered? Why would you have to wait out in the cold? I did the same as you, and I plan to go over there after dinner to grab mine.

scogoth

I'm starting to think Amazon's guaranteed delivered by 9PM today isn't so guaranteed. After 12 already and still haven't shipped...

Has anyone from BC got BotW Wii U yet from Amazon? Mines been stuck in Richmond since last night, BUT, a lot of the time, they tracking info just doesn't update. If my copy doesn't get here soon, I'll pick up a copy from Best Buy later today...
....I wonder if I can return my Amazon copy, if it gets here on Monday, to Best Buy if it's unopened? Is that immoral?

MutFox

Banned
I guess for updates, would an Ethernet to USB dongle help?
Have one that should hopefully work.

Still waiting for delivery

Socreges

Banned
Just got Switch and Zelda from a London Drugs in Victoria. Had ordered it online yesterday. Apparently they had 4 loose for pick up and 5 people lined up early. 5th guy didn't take it very well. 😑

Google

Has anyone from BC got BotW Wii U yet from Amazon? Mines been stuck in Richmond since last night, BUT, a lot of the time, they tracking info just doesn't update. If my copy doesn't get here soon, I'll pick up a copy from Best Buy later today...
....I wonder if I can return my Amazon copy, if it gets here on Monday, to Best Buy if it's unopened? Is that immoral?

Got mine this morning at around 9AM PST.

Omzz

Got my stuff delivered except the Switch...i got the delivery notice in the mailbox saying parcel is ready at the nearest rexall tomorrow after 1?

Wtf

farisr

Wait, if you did a bunch of trades towards the Switch, didn't that mean you had one pre-ordered? Why would you have to wait out in the cold? I did the same as you, and I plan to go over there after dinner to grab mine.
No, by the time I went to do a trade in back at the end of January when the deal was happening, they no longer had preorders for the system, so I traded towards switch games where the credit still doubled. Then today, basically cancelled/transferred all that credit towards the switch (because it'd be far easier to get all the money back from selling the switch than it would for the individual games).

I'm done with ordering anything from Best Buy if I can help it. Their website is absolute garbage. The fact that you can't swap out credit cards for yet to be delivered items without calling their 1-800 number was bad enough. Not being able to check the status on orders that should have shipped 2 days ago is quite another.

I honestly will have zero sympathy when they tank due to Amazon and other outlets that have websites that are well maintained.

Sqeeeee! The postman's truck parked on my street!

.....And hes walking away from my house.

Edit: he walked back!

And he's got a padded envelope!

😍

Mr. F

Banned
Snagged one on Amazon, finally. Part of the March 11 stock but says it's shipping Wednesday so who knows at this rate.

saskuatch

Got my stuff delivered except the Switch...i got the delivery notice in the mailbox saying parcel is ready at the nearest rexall tomorrow after 1?

Wtf

sometimes if you go in later in the day if the worker is nice they will rummage through the boxes and find yours and give it to you before the date it says on the notice.

Riptwo

Has anyone in Calgary got past the "Preparing for Shipment" phase via Amazon? I've been stuck there for 30something hours after being charged.

Bestbuy came through, and way more surprisingly so did the London Drugs pick up in store I placed yesterday. From worried about no Switch to having 2 in a matter of minutes lol

farisr

Had totally forgotten I had one ordered from amazon. Thankfully due to amazon's shipping being ass, was able to cancel it with no issues just now. It was showing a March 8th delivery date so I suppose it wasn't from the launch stock and is likely from their second shipment or something.

soultron

Banned
Toronto reporting in. Best Buy just delivered a tonnnnnnnnnnne of online order Switches to my office. Bless you, Best Buy.

Grabbed a copy of Zelda from an EB without a preorder this morning too. It turns out I could've grabbed a system at the same time, since they had about 30+ extra units that weren't taken by preorders.

Amazon still the biggest loser in all of this. Canceling Prime ASAP.

Looking forward to this weekend. Updating eShop right now, 30 mins remaining.

Anyone seeing any shipment for switches ordered this morning on Amazon? Mine has been on "Shipping Now" all morning.

I have same day delivery and am still waiting for it to ship...I used my work address so I guess I'm going to have to wait here after work for it.

Wtf

usually the when i got these (to go to shoppers for me), if i went after 7pm they would have it.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Don't believe Amazon's lies

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me.

I would think people would, at this point, realize if you want it day one for sure get it in store. Every time a game comes out its all people complaining about amazon. what did you think was gonna happen.

darkvir

Picked up my preorder Switch and Zelda in 5 minutes during the EB early opening hours. Taking it to work now 😌, get hype!

terrible

Banned
Only time I ever used same-day delivery they came after 7pm. Have fun.

5pm-9pm is when they've delivered for me recently. My first handful of orders using same day delivery were really early in the morning which was awesome but since then it's always been in the evening. I don't mind, they've been really good for me even though a lot of other people have Dynamex horror stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom