• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me.

I would think people would, at this point, realize if you want it day one for sure get it in store. Every time a game comes out its all people complaining about amazon. what did you think was gonna happen.

How dare you bring rational thought into shipping talk? lol but yeah, it's unbelievable that people still think amazon will deliver on time and that their chat representatives actually know anything beyond what's already written on their site.

To stay on topic though, Bestbuy hasn't charged my card, hasn't shipped the order, status says "Delivered Friday March 3rd." They're not even trying at this point are they?

Anyone know how to buy or have a link to a post with details for buying from different version of the e-shop for the switch? I heard that Snipperclips was like ~20$ CAD from the JAP store, instead of ~30$ CAD with taxes here?

Thanks!

Lexxism

Anyone know how to buy or have a link to a post with details for buying from different version of the e-shop for the switch? I heard that Snipperclips was like ~20$ CAD from the JAP store, instead of ~30$ CAD with taxes here?

Thanks!
Create a Japanese account and use your credit card to purchase? If not, I think Amazon jp is selling prepaid cards.

eyesradar

managed to grab an extra unit (literally the last one! They got ~30 in total) at a nearby walmart around 9am in Missisauga for my dummy friend who didn't preorder.

Feeling really lucky today. Love the system so far. Region-free eshop is godsend!

Tiktaalik

Switch shipped last night and it apparently already arrived at the office but bafflingly the separate Zelda order didn't go through due to a credit card issue. Called Visa and they said a charge wasn't attempted and there were no blocks on the account, called BB and they said they did and were denied. Baffling.

Fortunately it seems like there's plenty of copies of Zelda and various accessories around, so I just picked up a copy in store.

imscore71

Neo Member
Was able to order another copy of Zelda on Amazon that is in transit now, while my original order hasn't changed...oh well at least I'll have Zelda today.

terrible

Banned
Switch shipped last night and it apparently already arrived at the office but bafflingly the separate Zelda order didn't go through due to a credit card issue. Called Visa and they said a charge wasn't attempted and there were no blocks on the account, called BB and they said they did and were denied. Baffling.

Fortunately it seems like there's plenty of copies of Zelda and various accessories around, so I just picked up a copy in store.

I had the same thing but with Paypal. Used the same CC I use for Paypal with Amazon afterwards instead and it worked fine. Baffling indeed.

HOLLEEE SHIT

I'm waiting for Zelda to update

I get a knock on the door

Its the police

Officer asks if we own a Rottweiler

I say no we own a beagle

Officer tells me that the mail man that not 5 minutes ago delivered my Zelda was chased by a loose Rottweiler and called the police... And also told him we owned a dog because he wasn't sure where it came from

I think it was one of my neighbours who let their dog loose

Holy shit

marcod

HOLLEEE SHIT

Its the police

I say no we own a beagle

Officer tells me that the mail man that not 5 minutes ago delivered my Zelda was chased by a loose Rottweiler and called the police... And also told him we owned a dog because he wasn't sure where it came from

Holy shit

Now that's what I call The Breath of the Wild.

I'm sorry

Lexxism

HOLLEEE SHIT

Its the police

I say no we own a beagle

Holy shit
Okay, this is a funny one.

iphys

Picked up my preorder Switch and Zelda in 5 minutes during the early opening hours. Taking it to work now 😌, get hype!

Maybe it didn't hurt to go earlier. I got to EB 1hr15m after opening and there were 10 people in line and they only ran out of walk-in systems a minute after I got there (only one poor woman had to make the sad exit from the line Switchless, while everyone awwwed at her not getting one). Took me almost 20 minutes to get through the line and complete my purchase and there were even more than 10 people in the line by the time I got through, so the guy that got the last walk-in system probably didn't get there till nearly an hour after opening I figure, so the number of people lining up for the early opening couldn't have been too crazy. Glad I did trade-ins though because hearing all those $600 totals people were paying sounded painful.

kevin1025

Banned
HOLLEEE SHIT

Its the police

I say no we own a beagle

Holy shit

Neighbor: "It's Switch day, go get 'em!"

*release the hounds*

Luigi87

So started Zelda, twice.
First time I encountered a glitch in that the objective marker never appeared so I had no idea where to go... Fixed upon a new game.

Then I went and ordered a Pro controller from Amazon thinking I wouldn't need one, but now kind of do want one, lol. The Joy-con Grip is nice, but... Yeah.

killroy87

Zelda Special Edition for Switch came in stock for a bit on Amazon.ca a little while ago and I managed to nab two orders before it sold out. Don't need them, would like to sell for a small profit. I posted in the B/S/T thread but doubt many from Canada look there, so I'm sharing here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231424165&postcount=16772

oRq8TdWl.jpg

Although the order says arrives March 15 they are already trying to charge my card and prepare for shipment, but I'm using a debt card with not enough funds on it to stall the order. Might not be able to hold it for long. If interested PM me. Price negotiable.

That's not going to make you any friends here

N° 2048

Zelda Special Edition for Switch came in stock for a bit on Amazon.ca a little while ago and I managed to nab two orders before it sold out. Don't need them, would like to sell for a small profit. I posted in the B/S/T thread but doubt many from Canada look there, so I'm sharing here.

oRq8TdWl.jpg

Although the order says arrives March 15 they are already trying to charge my card and prepare for shipment, but I'm using a debt card with not enough funds on it to stall the order. Might not be able to hold it for long. If interested PM me. Price negotiable.

lolololol

Luigi87

[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/oRq8TdWl.jpg[/IMG]

I think you want this place.

oRq8TdWl.jpg

Screw off with that. That's scalping and you know it.

I don't know man, every person I've sold hot sold-out items to has been very happy and thankful that I helped them get what they want. If I hadn't ordered this then another scalper would have. I'm just trying to make it worth my time and trouble.

Maybe little Timmy would have bought it for himself to enjoy, why you making Little Timmy pay more?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

oRq8TdWl.jpg

Well.

killroy87

I don't know man, every person I've sold hot sold-out items to has been very happy and thankful that I helped them get what they want. If I hadn't ordered this then another scalper would have. I'm just trying to make it worth my time and trouble.

You can do what you want, I'm just telling you as it is; It won't make you any friends here.

X-Factor

I ended up getting the BB online pre-orders delivered just now despite Canada Post tracking number not saying out for delivery until after I received it.
The only games I pre-ordered from Best Buy are the two Zeldas and those also arrived with the pro controllers too.

I was actually not expecting the Zelda Special Edition to come on time because I just pre-ordered it last week when it was temporarily in stock.

I have an in-store preorder at EB Games Yorkdale for the grey console that I will pick up tomorrow. I skipped going to pick it up at the midnight launch since
I have to work a late shift the past couple of months.

The box for the Nintendo Switch is smaller than the box for the Zelda Special Edition.
Amazon failed to even ship the other games I pre-ordered so far even as an Amazon Prime member.

QJvD0zc.jpg

enbred

Banned
You can do what you want, I'm just telling you as it is; It won't make you any friends here.

Fine, I removed my post. I'll stay in B/S/T. Just thought I'd do someone here a favor who might not mind paying a little more to get something they really want. Sorry and good bye.

killroy87

I ended up getting the BB online pre-orders delivered just now despite Canada Post tracking number not saying out for delivery until after I received it.
The only games I pre-ordered from Best Buy are the two Zeldas and those also arrived with the pro controllers too.

I was actually not expecting the Zelda Special Edition to come on time because I just pre-ordered it last week when it was temporarily in stock.

I have an in-store preorder at EB Games Yorkdale for the grey console that I will pick up tomorrow. I skipped going to pick it up at the midnight launch since

The box for the Nintendo Switch is smaller than the box for the Zelda Special Edition.
Amazon failed to even ship the other games I pre-ordered so far even as an Amazon Prime member.

QJvD0zc.jpg

Yeah, I got my Switch from Best Buy and thought they fucked up because it was so light and small.

imBask

Banned
Fine, I removed my post. I'll stay in B/S/T. Just thought I'd do someone here a favor who might not mind paying a little more to get something they really want. Sorry and good bye.

not only are you scalping a Switch for a profit, but you're shaming people for calling you out on it

you sure are a scumbag

I tried to use my amazon visa on JP eshop, didn't work. Sad.
The Joycon grip feels a bit too small, but I'm still not sure if I want the Pro controller now or not, probably will give it a try for another week or two to decide.

I'm also looking to get screen protector, are they good?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

Luigi87

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/QJvD0zc.jpg[/img]
I do love that the actual game case that comes in the Special & Master editions has no markings on it (IE: No ESRB logo, and the back is just artwork of the Guardian)

HOLLEEE SHIT

Its the police

I say no we own a beagle

Holy shit

LOL, wow.

"Look, I'm not a scalper, but I do have extra stock of a sought-after item that I don't personally need, but am looking to sell out for a profit. I'm different from a scalper because I won't charge you as much."

You're a discount scalper, bud :/

enbred

Banned
not only are you scalping a Switch for a profit, but you're shaming people for calling you out on it

you sure are a scumbag

I didn't blame anyone for anything. I offered something, I was told that's not welcome here, I apologized, removed my post and said good bye.

But thanks for name calling me.

N° 2048

A favor would be selling it at the price you got it and just making the buyer come to you or charging an appropriate gas fee to take it to the buyer.

but guess you need a profit for alllllll that hard work you did clicking "checkout"....phew must have been exhausting.

Scalper gonna scalp.

Sealtest

Might've discovered a problem with the hori premium screen protectors.

It seems the outside likes the lift up from the screen. Not sure if that's because the handheld gets warm after awhile or I just got a bad screen.

antibolo

Banned
I like how enbred edited out the part where they openly admitted to being a scalper, and it is still visible in quoted replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom