• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

I didn't blame anyone for anything. I offered something, I was told that's not welcome here, I apologized, removed my post and said good bye.

But thanks for name calling me.
You took away the chance for someone to get ahold of these who really want it and you think you're doing people here a favour? Fuck off man.

imBask

Banned
next up : "the drug addicts have to buy it from somewhere, i'm just doing them a favor guys, at least my dope is clean"

I tried to use my amazon visa on JP eshop, didn't work. Sad.
The Joycon grip feels a bit too small, but I'm still not sure if I want the Pro controller now or not, probably will give it a try for another week or two to decide.

I'm also looking to get screen protector, are they good?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

Was looking at this one too. Don't tend to get screen protectors for my stuff but hearing that the screen gets scratched up by the dock has me buying one for sure.

I didn't blame anyone for anything. I offered something, I was told that's not welcome here, I apologized, removed my post and said good bye.

But thanks for name calling me.

I don't personally see how making around $100 could possibly be worth becoming such a scumbag, but different values for different people I guess.

nordique

Fine, I removed my post. I'll stay in B/S/T. Just thought I'd do someone here a favor who might not mind paying a little more to get something they really want. Sorry and good bye.

"Do someone a favour"?

No, that would have been NOT buying the switch to flip it.

Someone else could be enjoying the system right now

Riptwo

Anyone else suffering from the left joycon issue? Makes things almost unplayable for me.
I don't have my Switch yet, but changing the wireless channel on your router might make a difference. My router switched to a crowded channel a few months back after a reboot, and suddenly my Dualshock 4 controllers would end up getting bizarre lag spikes that felt like I was playing with a super high ping. Since I was mostly playing Destiny or The Division at the time, I was pretty sure that it was my internet connection, but it turns out that it was just wi-fi interference.

It also turns out that if I place my iPad Pro too close to my controllers, I sometimes end up with the same issue. Bluetooth is the worst.

nordique

I don't personally see how making around $100 could possibly be worth becoming such a scumbag, but different values for different people I guess.

Calling someone a scum bag might be taking it too far but the guy is posting about selling it at a higher price.

Like he's taking advantage. This isn't some collectible item he's offering. He's literally scalping.

KC-Slater

Pre-ordered a (Grey, if it matters) Switch from Amazon.ca, and a Wii U copy of BotW several E3's ago, and it looks like I'm stuck on 'Preparing to ship'-limbo.

Normally I wouldn't really care (I passed the Switch over to a colleague) but I'm stressed about Nintendo/Amazon's shaky relationship, and the Wii U copy of Zelda has an estimated delivery date of March 17th, lol. I'd cancel and just buy a copy off the shelf, but my E3 preorder is significantly discounted.

I'm a Prime member and located in Toronto, for what its worth.

Does anyone have any insights or reassuring words to share with me? Lol

a916

Walked into EB at 10am 2 hours after open, traded in my 3DS and Wii U and a few games and got Zelda/Switch for free. Sorry for anyone still waiting on shipping.

Phew... that was surprisingly easy. Lesson is, always pre-order.

2017-03-03.jpg
packaging is a lot smaller than I thought.

MegaPanda

Pre-ordered a (Grey, if it matters) Switch from Amazon.ca, and a Wii U copy of BotW several E3's ago, and it looks like I'm stuck on 'Preparing to ship'-limbo.

Normally I wouldn't really care (I passed the Switch over to a colleague) but I'm stressed about Nintendo/Amazon's shaky relationship, and the Wii U copy of Zelda has an estimated delivery date of March 17th, lol. I'd cancel and just buy a copy off the shelf, but my E3 preorder is significantly discounted.

I'm also a prime member in Toronto and my crap is in limbo too, so at least we can suffer together.

Needham

Hey, Alberta people, looks like Best Buy is finally starting to ship our Switches. Got a tracking number, hopefully it'll arrive by Monday at least.

That bad??

How far are you from the console?

Maybe 6 ft? It's definitely a positioning thing. If I sit directly across from the console on my couch it is flawless. Sitting anywhere else on the couch makes it go crazy. The update seemed to improve it a little bit (so there may be credence to the rumour that it does SOMETHING) but it is still almost unusable at times.

nschizo

Still waiting my console, Out of delivery since 7 AM. Usually I receive my amazon stuff between 10am~12 but not today, not today :( [Montreal]

If it helps, I'm in London, have Zelda and the amiibos ordered and I'm in the same boat? Must be something with our local warehouse (the Mississauga one). Super annoying.

MutFox

Banned
Hurry up delivery!
I still gotta make a run to EB to pick up my Zelda preorder.
Won't leave, just in case they come while I'm out.

iphys

I tried to use my amazon visa on JP eshop, didn't work. Sad.
The Joycon grip feels a bit too small, but I'm still not sure if I want the Pro controller now or not, probably will give it a try for another week or two to decide.

I'm also looking to get screen protector, are they good?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

Assuming my credit card doesn't work on the Japanese eShop I'm totally going to buy digital from Amazon Japan.

Get the Pro controller! It's the most pleasing controller I've ever held, whereas I feel like the analog stick is annoyingly in the way of my thumb being able to use the B button on the right Joy-Con: don't know why they didn't at least use circle pads on the Joy-Con to make it lower profile plus more compact for transport.

terrible

Banned
There's no product info on the back of the game case that comes with the SE Breath of the Wild. Does the regular retail version have anything on the back other than the guardian artwork?

edit: Also I don't recommend trying to peel the sticker to open the SE box, it strips the print off the box. Just cut it!

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure which would annoy me more:

If I receive my Zelda SE (Amazon) on time but Switch (Best Buy) late

or Switch on time and Zelda late

I still don't know the answer to this hypothetical, but I can tell you that I received my Switch but not Zelda, and I am indeed very annoyed

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I still don't know the answer to this hypothetical, but I can tell you that I received my Switch but not Zelda, and I am indeed very annoyed

I'm in the boat of having Switch, but not Zelda. I'd much rather have the Switch given the choice though, since I can (and have) downloaded and played eShop titles, setup my accounts, etc.

vilmer_

Zelda has arrived from Amazon.

The actual system itself has been stuck on "being shipped today" since early yesterday morning with no sign of change *grumble*

antibolo

Banned
Did you guys really expect I Am Setsuna to start on Switch at a reasonable price that takes into account the fact that it's been on other platforms for a while now

1800 yen including tax from Japan is more like only C$21 though. They've got a digital code for it on Amazon Japan if your credit card doesn't work on the Japanese eShop.

The digital code can be activated on any console or do you need to switch the console/account to a different region (or something else?).

Buying on Amazon.co.jp is just like regular amazon except you need to create a new account right?

Thanks!

Did you guys really expect I Am Setsuna to start on Switch at a reasonable price that takes into account the fact that it's been on other platforms for a while now

LOL, I can hope & dream. I think I am setsuna may get destroyed (sales wise) at that price since it came out at the same time as the already 2017 GOTY winner Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom