• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
RjO3ZPC.jpg

dVgbNj7.jpg

It's here!!!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So has anyone's Canadian credit card successfully worked on any foreign eShops so far?

Mastercard was declined for me, while working on the Canadian eShop. There's nothing I'm in a rush for on the JPN eShop right now, but I might invest in some Amazon JPN eShop codes soon just to have money ready to go on the account.

MesH

Walked into eb games at 9 am, waited inline about an hour was 33 inline, they got lots. Picked up neon switch and Zelda. Now I also have one shipping from Amazon, trying to cancel but if it doesn't go through if there is a gaffer in Edmonton that doesn't get one it is yours for cost. Wasn't my intention to screw anyone out of one, just didn't expect to walk up to Be at opening and get one and got to trade in games towards it, got 250 for my games.

If not I will try to refuse the shipment on Tuesday when it shows up.

Just an FYI, I called BB to check on my Zelda Wii U order and the csr told me that my credit card had been charged and the game sent out via Canada Post and could arrive today. In case anyone hasn't been able to see any updates online for their Switch orders in AB, they also had an automated message saying that they are attempting to deliver them today but they may arrive later (ie Monday).

Seems like they aren't even bothering to update the website order info with many orders due to the Switch release.

antibolo

Banned
I tried to reserve a in-store copy of Zelda at Best Buy and it failed :(

I hope EB will still have stock by the time I leave work. According to their site availability check it's still in stock at literally every store in the entire country except a single one in Toronto lol

Worst case scenario I'll buy the damn game on the eShop

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fucking CP left my Switch at my door 5 minutes ago without knocking. "Do Not Safe Drop" my ass. Good thing I'm not a piece of shit or else I'd say I didn't get it.

NYR

Just an FYI, I called BB to check on my Zelda Wii U order and the csr told me that my credit card had been charged and the game sent out via Canada Post and could arrive today. In case anyone hasn't been able to see any updates online for their Switch orders in AB, they also had an automated message saying that they are attempting to deliver them today but they may arrive later (ie Monday).

Seems like they aren't even bothering to update the website with many orders due to the Switch release.

The Best Buy Canada Help Twitter is spamming the same thing. Horrible service.

https://twitter.com/BestBuyCanHelp/with_replies?lang=en

iphys

The digital code can be activated on any console or do you need to switch the console/account to a different region (or something else?).

Buying on Amazon.co.jp is just like regular amazon except you need to create a new account right?

Thanks!

Yeah, any console and you just need one account per region you want to use the eShop on, and it's really simple. Yeah, you'll need to make a new Amazon account with a shipping address in Japan and then they'll e-mail you the digital code.

watership

To anyone that has it already, how's that pro controller? Build quality? Compared to the Joy-Con grip, is the feel similar? Trying to decide on some accessories. Any recommendations?

Wurdfurd

To anyone that has it already, how's that pro controller? Build quality? Compared to the Joy-Con grip, is the feel similar? Trying to decide on some accessories. Any recommendations?

Can't compare to Joycon grip yet since amazon doesnt deliver my switch til tuesday but i can say the pro controller feels amazing. solid, good weight, very comfortable. happy i purchased it

hiim_haz

Banned

Don't have the Switch yet but the Pro Controller is a lot nicer than the Wii U one was. Feels really nice.

Bestbuy Switch still sitting in Mississauga depot, delivery address is in GTA. Amazon Zelda order left depot this morning and has already been delivered. I have a feeling if it hasn't made it out of Canada Post depot by 2pm, it's not leaving at all.

zroid

Banned

it's very good, no complaints. the main incentive to get it versus relying on the JC Grip, in my mind, is that it's the only way to get a legit D-pad for the Switch right now

it will come in handy for 2D games

Maximus.

Haven't gotten my Switch yet, but have the pro controller. Feels very nice in the hand. Great build quality. Only issue is the triggers and bumpers are squishy feeling. I think it is worth having for at home gaming, will know for sure once I get the console though.

watership

Can't compare to Joycon grip yet since amazon doesnt deliver my switch til tuesday but i can say the pro controller feels amazing. solid, good weight, very comfortable. happy i purchased it

Don't have the Switch yet but the Pro Controller is a lot nicer than the Wii U one was. Feels really nice.

it's very good, no complaints. the main incentive to get it versus relying on the JC Grip, in my mind, is that it's the only way to get a legit D-pad for the Switch right now

it will come in handy for 2D games

Awesome, Thanks guys, I think i'll grab one. Pricey, but if it's solid may just suck it up.

Just recieved my amazon order. I have another on the way that was for a friend but they changed their mind so I may be able to sell at least one to someone, two if I don't end up keeping mine!

Will post here when I have the latter one.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think I'll play Zelda with the joycon grip tonight before returning my pro controller and re-buying it with my $20 RZ certificate tomorrow. I hate we still can't use these things online.

Mimosa97

I wanted to redeem points and had a 20x coupon so I got a swtich at SDM on a whim. It was the last one available. Now I don't know if I should keep it to play Zelda or sell it at cost (480 after taxes).

I've only been hearing about bad experiences all day ...

What to do what to do ...

KC-Slater

I'm also a prime member in Toronto and my crap is in limbo too, so at least we can suffer together.

Toronto, all my shit is in limbo.

I'm going to have to stay at work for multiple extra hours waiting for that same day delivery, ugh.

If it helps, I'm in London, have Zelda and the amiibos ordered and I'm in the same boat? Must be something with our local warehouse (the Mississauga one). Super annoying.

I hope they *actually* have stock, and don't have to wait for a shipment refresh before they fulfill our orders. Amazon is typically top-notch customer service-wise in my experience, but of the times they have faltered, it was always regarding a Nintendo product...

marcod

Got a shipping confirmation for this morning's switch order! The console, BotW and 1-2 Switch all went out at the same time. Tracking info says the actual time that it went out was around 11:30 this morning. I'm in the GTA for anyone wondering.

terrible

Banned
Got a shipping confirmation for this morning's switch order! The console, BotW and 1-2 Switch all went out at the same time. Tracking info says the actual time that it went out was around 11:30 this morning. I'm in the GTA for anyone wondering.

Yep, my Amazon Switch now shows as shipped via Dynamex (Toronto). It's happening.

ElNino

Maybe 6 ft? It's definitely a positioning thing. If I sit directly across from the console on my couch it is flawless. Sitting anywhere else on the couch makes it go crazy. The update seemed to improve it a little bit (so there may be credence to the rumour that it does SOMETHING) but it is still almost unusable at times.
Do you need to be directly facing the Switch when it's docked for the joycons to work? In my setup, if I were to place the Switch where the Wii U is then it would be ~6ft from the console close to straight on when sitting in my chair. But, if you were to sit on the couch you could be as far as 15ft away on an angle.

I hadn't thought about this before, but I wonder if it will be a problem if/when I get a switch.

mdubs

Banned
All my stuff came in! :D

Also: was on the fence the last couple days about keeping or returning the pro controller. Felt the joy-cons in the grip, then opened up the pro controller. Yup, the pro controller is worth it even at the ridiculous price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom