• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

Try the three numbers from your postal code followed by 00

Example p9n 3x1 would enter as 93100.

Japanese postal codes are ###-####, so I wonder if there's an equivalent trick like entering your 3 numbers followed by -0000.

I set up an Amazon Japan account with Japanese address and Canadian billing and managed to order an eShop code, but I'm still waiting for pending verification, which it says can take up to 4 hours. Fingers crossed that it goes through.

antibolo

Banned
So eShop codes can be purchased from Amazon Japan at cost? Nice.

Guess I need to add a fake domestic address to my account, right?

tiijj

I have an account with my japanese 3ds with a canadian credit card that I use to buy some eshop games, I'm guessing that if I log on to the switch with that acct, it should work as well, right?

UberTag

Jesus, the build quality on this thing is really poor.
To be fair, it's just the one anecdotal case thus far.
Not easy to replicate either like the Joy-Con connectivity issue was.

What are you guys looking to purchase on the Japanese eShop? Just an early copy of Disgaea 5?

Yay, Horizon shipped. Boo, I still have to wait three days. Boo, Purolator, so make that four days because they won't even attempt to deliver it.

iphys

So eShop codes can be purchased from Amazon Japan at cost? Nice.

Guess I need to add a fake domestic address to my account, right?

Yes, just got my code and downloaded Metal Slug 3!

I grabbed someone's domestic address off the whois info for a Japanese site I know and used that, lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yay, Horizon shipped. Boo, I still have to wait three days. Boo, Purolator, so make that four days because they won't even attempt to deliver it.

Shame you have to wait so long.

I'm playing Horizon now and it's so damn good. Totally took my mind off the Switch hype.

jokkir

lol EB are jerks, they won't let me reserve a copy of Zelda for in-store pickup.

Seems like a lot at Best Buy (at Eaton's Centre at least). And if you're talking about the Switch version.

Also...
KYtpWtD.jpg

I need the Switch still but that's waiting for me at home

laroquo

Amazon stinks! Ended up cancelling everything but my Zelda special edition. Waited all day for a delivery. Finally my "verifying address - possible delays" on Canada post's tracking number. You had one job amazon. You missed out on 600 dollars of purchases - you stink

Enraging

Amazon stinks! Ended up cancelling everything but my Zelda special edition. Waited all day for a delivery. Finally my "verifying address - possible delays" on Canada post's tracking number. You had one job amazon. You missed out on 600 dollars of purchases - you stink

Enraging

That missed 600 Dollars is really going to concern Amazon...

NYR

You had one job amazon. You missed out on 600 dollars of purchases - you stink

Enraging
While I get the anger, Amazon only makes a handful of percentage points on hardware sales, if anything. There really isn't a big reason for them to go above and beyond for something they barely break even for.

hiim_haz

Banned
Lady on the phone from Canada Post made it seem like someone has stolen my package. So I have to call Best Buy tomorrow to give them an incident number and see what happens. Either I'll get the Switch tonight or I won't, my Amazon order for it comes in on Monday.

Just bummed because I took a day off for this from work.

Pre-ordered a (Grey, if it matters) Switch from Amazon.ca, and a Wii U copy of BotW several E3's ago, and it looks like I'm stuck on 'Preparing to ship'-limbo.

Normally I wouldn't really care (I passed the Switch over to a colleague) but I'm stressed about Nintendo/Amazon's shaky relationship, and the Wii U copy of Zelda has an estimated delivery date of March 17th, lol. I'd cancel and just buy a copy off the shelf, but my E3 preorder is significantly discounted.

I'm a Prime member and located in Toronto, for what its worth.

Does anyone have any insights or reassuring words to share with me? Lol

this is what someone said on reddit

Actually, spoke with a decent rep this morning. There's a logistical meltdown going on, but it sounds like the main issue may be missed scans. Mine's in the same boat, and the CSR stated it should have been on a truck yesterday since it has a shipping ID. Unfortunately, the tracking IDs are hashed only, so they can't see if the carrier has scanned it until the Amazon system marks it as shipped. The CSR will be e-mailing me as it changes, but there's apparently a lot of high level meetings going on at the HQ this morning due to the confusion

Yes, it's actually quite a big failure on the Amazon infrastructure, which is why they're having meetings.
Unfortunately, I cannot even determine which courier is shipping it, but I'm having it shipped to my office. It means the box will be here somewhere between 11 and 2 MST if it's in transit.
I'll update with new comments here if anything changes, but for what it's worth, mine has been in "Preparing for shipment" for well over 24 hours. I was billed the moment it changed to that status.

chrono01

I completely forgot about my Zelda Wii U pre-order from Futureshop (now Best Buy) those many years back. Since then, my card has changed so I just received a transaction error from Best Buy asking me to contact them to update the payment information. The thing is, I have the Switch now as well as Zelda for it, so I'm not entirely sure I need the Wii U version too, especially considering they're more-or-less identical. It's not the same situation we got with Twilight Princess, as one had motion controls and the other didn't so it offered different gameplay experiences. Not so here.

With all of the games being released this month ( as well as the Switch itself) I'm considering just letting the order be cancelled, but I do kind of want BOTW for the Wii U as a collector's piece. Not sure it'd be worth it, though. :/

Edit: Never mind, went through with the order anyway. It's only like $40 (I think?), since it was from E3 several years past. Does anyone know the actual price for an E3-discounted Zelda for the Wii U? None of my emails show the total, and I can't seem to find the order under my history on Best Buy.

CRA5H

Got incredibly lucky with a Master Edition in store pick up due to a cancellation. I can't put this thing down. First at home, then at the doctor's, then at the barber shop. I love this thing. And I underestimated how cool the shiekah slate case would be. It fits so much stuff and is compact and very protective at the same time.

Dazzler

Why? It's not like the damn thing hasn't been readily available. Amazon had it up FOREVER overnight and through the entire morning. And it's not like this is limited either. Nintendo needs this thing to succeed. They'll be pumping them out like mad.

It's the mentality of seeing a games console as something to profit on and not to play

It's just greedy

Got everything set up and the system and the pro controller are now charging. Glad I got a screen protector after looking inside the dock though.

Surprised how short the HDMI cable is however. But it's manageable.

Does anyone know what games EB has available for pre-order for Switch. website looks kind of bare. Gonna have to pre-order some to get the double stack

DVCY201

Got everything set up and the system and the pro controller are now charging. Glad I got a screen protector after looking inside the dock though.

Surprised how short the HDMI cable is however. But it's manageable.

Uh, so jealous right now. I just got my shipping notifications from BB. Happy Gaming!

soultron

Banned
Got incredibly lucky with a Master Edition in store pick up due to a cancellation. I can't put this thing down. First at home, then at the doctor's, then at the barber shop. I love this thing. And I underestimated how cool the shiekah slate case would be. It fits so much stuff and is compact and very protective at the same time.

Next Switch commercial confirmed to feature footage of a sharp guy playing at home, the doc's, and at his barber's.

Amazon van arrived with Zelda, Bomberman, and 1,2 Switch. Canada Post has had my Switch and Pro controller sitting at the delivery depot since 6am this morning. Canada Post tells me there's still a chance it will come today but at the latest Monday......so chances are Canada Post has fucked me again.

Uh, so jealous right now. I just got my shipping notifications from BB. Happy Gaming!
Thanks and I really hope all of you get yours soon. Didn't get much sleep last, so letting everything charge and just relaxing for now.

Btw how long does it take for the pro controller to fully charge?

Maximus.

Received my Switch over an hour ago from Best Buy. They did not ship my other Switch, which I was going to sell to a friend, but they charged me for it.

Went to EB to pick up my preorders. Was able to upgrade to the Zelda SE and they apparently had some Switch units at around 10am.

Happy to have everything and about to dive into Zelda!

chrono01

Anyone else second guessing the color choice?

I went grey but those neon ones do look gorgeous.

Not me, the mis-match always bothered me and I'm sure that wouldn't change. If they offered the console in just a neon red or neon blue though, I would have been all over that.

a916

Not me, the mis-match always bothered me and I'm sure that wouldn't change. If they offered the console in just a neon red or neon blue though, I would have been all over that.

Oh definitely, all red, I would've been all over that. (they offer all red joy cons but nah I'm not dropping 100 on it)

For some reason I read this as you carrying your Master Edition around from home to the doctor's and the barber's.

Actually I agree. The all grey joycons looks very good in my home entertainment center. The neon red/blue look would look awkward with my setup.

Maximus.

You know in general that is true for me and why I originally was going to get grey. I wasn't sure and preordered both and only neon showed up. Seeing it in person, shows how great it looks.

veras

I got a full refund on my Prime by complaining my way up the chain at Amazon for how this was handled. They cancelled it too, but I can always resub it later if I feel like I want it again plus the months between when I was billed and now are/were retroactively free (since full refund not pro-rated).

Unbelievable to me that if I had ordered it this morning it would have been delivered today, but because I ordered it two months ago it comes next week.

tiijj

Unbelievable to me that if I had ordered it this morning it would have been delivered today, but because I ordered it two months ago it comes next week.

That is the sad part and the annoying part is that you can't even cancel the item that they won't/can't ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom