• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use one of these in my macboook as a second hard drive

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0/

Faster than a hard drive. I have all my steam games and virtual machines on it and infrequently used applications. Everything runs just fine. No problems with it from coming out of sleep or anything. Has been in my USB 3 slot for months.

I see! So it seems like the cheapest option then. I guess 128 GB MbP is the best way to go in that case

Thanks

Well that was a nice evening. Bell came to my building to sell packages, got their "Better TV" package plus Gigabit Fibe Unlimited Internet (plus a random home phone) for $99.90/month for 2 years. Considering I was paying $56/month just for Teksavvy internet before, I'm pretty happy with that

Shh...don't rub it in. I'm jealous.

I just put up letters on mailboxes on my road to try to see if my neighbours would be interested in petitioning Bell for Fibe, or Rogers to bring the cable line up to the top end of our road. I'm sick of having Internet that's slow or goes out at random (like it has for 2.5 months now). And at just 6mb/s.

Sorry if this comes off rudely. I'm just frustrated. Happy for you, though.

daftstar

So no place to get Rise of the Tomb Raider or Titanfall 2 for less than $50 huh? Would've picked up Ratchet and Clank too for $20 or less..

Guess I'll settle for just Tomb Raider this BF then.

-epidemic-

Neo Member
Does anyone think Amazon will match prices (automatically) from other retailers on BF, or if they have in the past? Mainly looking at XCOM 2 for $40 but no EB near me.

leeman

Does anyone think Amazon will match prices (automatically) from other retailers on BF, or if they have in the past? Mainly looking at XCOM 2 for $40 but no EB near me.

Pretty likely, Amazon seems to like to watch and follow. I fully expect Amazon to come in close to, or at the same price as, most BF deals.

When you click on the best buy flyer on the sale that has a bunch of the 2k games for $39.99 Xcom 2 is listed there.

I'd say it's pretty likely if both EB and BB have it for that price that Amazon will price match.

RS4-

Well that was a nice evening. Bell came to my building to sell packages, got their "Better TV" package plus Gigabit Fibe Unlimited Internet (plus a random home phone) for $99.90/month for 2 years. Considering I was paying $56/month just for Teksavvy internet before, I'm pretty happy with that

That price is fixed for both years I hope? And not that bullshit like it's a promo for 3-6 months then you get fucked for the rest of the contract.

-epidemic-

Neo Member
When you click on the best buy flyer on the sale that has a bunch of the 2k games for $39.99 Xcom 2 is listed there.

I'd say it's pretty likely if both EB and BB have it for that price that Amazon will price match.

Oh my god...never thought to click on it. Thank you so much for pointing it out!

wmlk

What's the best deal going for PS4 Slim? I'm fine with an OG PS4 too if that's in stock.

So upset I missed the SDM gift card deal.

Lexxism

Oh, you definitely should then. With such a fast GPU you'll actually gain a fair bit by overclocking, especially in GTA V (which is CPU hungry).
Yeah, I will. I just need to figure it out on how to get into the BIOS. It doesn't even show the key needed to open it. Looks like "fast boot" option was a mistake.

Tapejara

Does EB offer price protection? I bought a Steam Link in-store last week at full price. They didn't even have it listed on their website at the time.

It's an awesome little device though.

farisr

Just picked up CoD IW from EB. Feels good picking up a game the same month it came out for less than $60 without needing to preorder it.

HeelPower

.com

Got one, was up for at least 15 minutes, seeing as how I went back and forth on whether to order lol.

Arrives Dec though :(

FYI theres a thread about this deal - good GAFfers keeping us updated on where in stock (chewie's in there too)

How much do you pay for shipping ?

I assume it ships from the US ?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kind of unrelated, but my in-ear headphones just went kaput this morning. Any Black Friday deals people are aware of on good, inexpensive or reasonably priced in-ear headphones?

EB had the gold DS4 tonight. It was hard to miss, given its goldness.

I couldn't justify buying it, especially given the colour, and doubt I'll bother when it goes on sale for $50. I asked about silver, but no dice. I'd wanted to see it.

kennah

Does EB offer price protection? I bought a Steam Link in-store last week at full price. They didn't even have it listed on their website at the time.

It's an awesome little device though.
They sure don't.

But. You could probably buy one and still be within their return window for the old one?

How much do you pay for shipping ?

I assume it ships from the US ?

Yeah I think so. I order pet supplies mostly from .com and it ships from the states but the return address is sometimes local (hopefully im remembering that correctly)

$7 shipping, $13 for import tax.

terrible

Banned
That's good to hear. Are you using wired connections on both ends? I'll only be able to connect the Steam Link itself via wired... The PC has to stay wireless unfortunately.

My PC is connected to a powerline adapter and my Steam Link connected to my router directly. I have big time wireless signal issues in my place even though my router is pretty good (R7000 Nighthawk) so I don't really have a choice.

You might want to double check what the guy gave you. Price seems right, but not for that internet speed. I'm unaware of any promo right now thats good for two years and includes gigabit. It's either gonna be Fibe 50 or Fibe 150. Gigabit alone is $150.

Returners

EB had the gold DS4 tonight. It was hard to miss, given its goldness.

I couldn't justify buying it, especially given the colour, and doubt I'll bother when it goes on sale for $50. I asked about silver, but no dice. I'd wanted to see it.

It seems like the flyer said it will have it for 50 on BF as well.

Awesome.

Man that MGSV Definitive Edition cover is so good I feel like I should trade in my original copy and just buy that for collection purposes lol.

Traded in my copies of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain during the PS4 Pro deal with the full intention of doing just that.

It looks like at least some of the items in the Microsoft Store black Friday sale are live. For instance, I could get the following right now for $300:
- Blue 500GB Xbox One S
- Gears of War Ultimate or Sunset Overdrive
- $50 Microsoft Store promo code

Unfortunately, the $50 takes up to 10 business days to arrive. Kind of kills it since all the sales will be over by then.

Still kind of a tempting bundle though. Not sure if there will be a better value (keeping in mind that I don't need more than 500GB and want as cheap as possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom