• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Skylanders is dead. $45 CDN at EB already.

$50 for LEGO Dimensions at Wal-Mart huh. Might be a good present for my nephew.

Yowza

I had credit, so I only paid $16 for Skylanders. I've yet to play it, though. I'm not itching to, either, but I've beaten all of the others and did enjoy them. I mostly just don't feel like setting it up because it means touching the system.

Same with LEGO Dimensions, which I was given but have yet to set-up. Then again, I don't like the LEGO games all that much.

Anyways, I'm only posting that because I put an ad up for Skylanders almost immediately, thinking I'd gauge interest in selling it while I played it. I'd assumed I'd play through it within the first several days or week I had it. Nobody's replied.

Aske

4K UHD Blu-ray movie deals:

Brand new Amazon seller RERERRR has Mad Max and Deadpool for $13 each, shipped. $10 UHD BDs? Of movies I actually like? I rolled the dice.

Brand new Amazon seller RERERRR has Mad Max and Deadpool for $13 each, shipped. $10 UHD BDs? Of movies I actually like? I rolled the dice.

Gonna jump on that Mad Max I think.

Edit: Just launched. Ships from Japan. I don't know....

Aske

It's definitely a bit of a gamble. I trust Amazon to have my back, and since it's $27 I'm more than okay with the risk, but I understand the caution.

univbee

I'd be extra-suspicious if it was from China or other SEA areas, but Japan has some of the harshest penalties for shenanigans regarding bootleg movies* so that helps. And as other have said, Amazon has our back if it goes sideways. Hell, even if there's confusion and they send the Japanese release that's an even more amazing deal given how much Japanese releases tend to be. Chanced it with Deadpool anyway.

* - Although there's a quirk with Japanese law whereby movies pre-1953 (I think? Somewhere around there) have their copyrights lifted so there are a TON of cheap DVD's with poor transfers of those movies (plus some other oddities like they'll cut out the credits). They're often called "one coin" DVD's because they cost 500 yen ($5-7CAD depending on exchange rate) which is the biggest single coin denomination which exists in Japan.

Maddog

I'd be extra-suspicious if it was from China or other SEA areas, but Japan has some of the harshest penalties for shenanigans regarding bootleg movies* so that helps. And as other have said, Amazon has our back if it goes sideways. Hell, even if there's confusion and they send the Japanese release that's an even more amazing deal given how much Japanese releases tend to be. Chanced it with Deadpool anyway.

* - Although there's a quirk with Japanese law whereby movies pre-1953 (I think? Somewhere around there) have their copyrights lifted so there are a TON of cheap DVD's with poor transfers of those movies (plus some other oddities like they'll cut out the credits). They're often called "one coin" DVD's because they cost 500 yen ($5-7CAD depending on exchange rate) which is the biggest single coin denomination which exists in Japan.

That's if it even ships at all. There's been quite a few stores that open up and then immediately sell stuff for cheap and once they have peoples information you never hear from them again.

Ok. Taking a chance on Mad Max.

Clive

There are a lot of scam resellers on Amazon lately so be very careful with new seller accounts. If their offers are too good to be true, they generally are. I got a Camelcamelcamel email this morning saying the Gunvolt double pack had dropped to 10 bucks and it was from a new seller with 1058 pages of products and zero feedback.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/main/r...9PU&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A1ZUVLE7HSX6KD

Not the first time it has happened lately either.

m23

I'm probably skipping out on games as I'm already behind on ones I own. Going to keep an eye out for good blu ray sales.

Fularu

Banned
Today was expensive...

Two kaspersky 18 months Internet Security boxes
The Logitech 933 artemis headset
The m300 ssd
A steam link

And the day isn't over yet

(I should add a near mint copy of Super Star Soldier for 40$ US but few people would be interested in that :p)

Seik

Banned
My friend is pushing me to buy the fucking 2300$ B6 OLED.

I want it, I fucking want it...but dat price, but dat deal.

BUT MY WALLET. :(

I don't want to pull the trigger on some of the stuff at Best Buy until Amazon puts up their deals. I hope that is today.
I got an email from Amazon that says "Black Friday Deals Start Now in Video Games" and I can see some dropped but maybe not everything yet? I'm not too sure.

univbee

That's if it even ships at all. There's been quite a few stores that open up and then immediately sell stuff for cheap and once they have peoples information you never hear from them again.

Well I got confirmation of shipment, but I gotta admit looking at the other items for sale I'm starting to get suspicious. We'll see I guess regardless.

Does Amazon actually automatically do something if a seller is found to be totally fraudulent? Or is everyone expected to contact them?

jokkir

Got the N3DS at the Walmart Scarborough Town Center location. I don't even know why I got it since I don't play my 3DS OG so often :|

Corey31

My friend is pushing me to buy the fucking 2300$ B6 OLED.

I want it, I fucking want it...but dat price, but dat deal.

BUT MY WALLET. :(

I've been tempted on getting a good TV upgrade for over a year also. Seeing as both of the TVs in my house are 37" and 40" and the one is only 720p (bought 10 years ago, right around the XBOX 360 launch).

However I am really trying to avoid buying one this fall so I can hopefully get a good OLED next year. I feel like OLED is the next feature to get that big price drop. It was 4K last year and this year it seems to be HDR (albeit with no standard not every HDR TV is true HDR).

The problem is if you play this game you will wait every year. As there will always be that one feature that comes out that everybody says you need.

Ondore

Wait...the 3DS is on sale today?

The black or white smaller New 3DS that launched for Black Friday.

Was going to pick up a XB1 controller for my nephew from Walmart, but Amazon price matched it and let me send it to him to save 10% in tax + shipping cost for me to Alberta. Woot.

Aske

Well I got confirmation of shipment, but I gotta admit looking at the other items for sale I'm starting to get suspicious. We'll see I guess regardless.

Does Amazon actually automatically do something if a seller is found to be totally fraudulent? Or is everyone expected to contact them?

I also got a shipment confirmation. Amazon is so great with returns and refunds I'm really not concerned. If the discs don't show up, or they turn out to be a couple of dead rats wrapped in tinfoil, I'll run crying to Amazon and they'll give me my money back and maybe an ice cream.

univbee

I also got a shipment confirmation. Amazon is so great with returns and refunds I'm really not concerned. If the discs don't show up, or they turn out to be a couple of dead rats wrapped in tinfoil, I'll run crying to Amazon and they'll give me my money back and maybe an ice cream.

Ooh ice cream.

Yup! Walmarts have it now. I just walked in and out in less than 10 minutes.

I got the white one. Will post photos once I get to work.

The black or white smaller New 3DS that launched for Black Friday.

Was going to pick up a XB1 controller for my nephew from Walmart, but Amazon price matched it and let me send it to him to save 10% in tax + shipping cost for me to Alberta. Woot.

Shit. Wish I would've known to go at 7.

I guess I'm going to Walmart now. At least I have another reason, too, to exchange Pokemon Moon for Sun.

Maddog

Confirmation of shipment = they clicked the button that says shipped. Keep expectations low.

Was able to pick up a white New 3DS at my local Walmart too. I called ahead to make sure they were allowed to sell them and they said it would be in their system within the hour so I went in and they rang it up. I had to ask for one from behind the counter.

True Fire

Are there any 4K Bluray sales besides sketchy Amazon sellers? I have an Xbox One S and only bought Batman v Superman for it because they're so expensive

trixx

It looks like at least some of the items in the Microsoft Store black Friday sale are live. For instance, I could get the following right now for $300:
- Blue 500GB Xbox One S
- Gears of War Ultimate or Sunset Overdrive
- $50 Microsoft Store promo code

Unfortunately, the $50 takes up to 10 business days to arrive. Kind of kills it since all the sales will be over by then.

Still kind of a tempting bundle though. Not sure if there will be a better value (keeping in mind that I don't need more than 500GB and want as cheap as possible).

I don't know man this doesn't seem to bad to me honestly I'm thinking of returning my 1tb battle field 1 bundle for this. The $50 giftcard does seem pretty lame but can't you use it at checkout/immediately online?

If I could find a cheap external this might be the way to go. I think Best Buy bundles it with Halo 5 which is nice, if I can get a $50 gift card with it, that would be amazing. Blue looks pretty cool too

edit: yeah the 10 day shipping thing is really dumb and ideally you want to get one before the sales on xbox store end. I don't know if xbox one store is accessible online in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom