• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
I had to google that...

Same here. Just to show how out of the loop I am as soon as I saw what it was I thought to myself "oh so it's the new tickle me Elmo fad toy". Pretty sure that Elmo thing was like 20 years ago. Eek.

edit: of course I'd be top of the page

Got a friend to pick up a Steam Link for $23.99 in-store at EB. Not really sure how much I'll use it but for $24 I'm willing to give it a shot.

I use mine pretty much daily. I'm super impressed with it.

Shot in the dark but does anyone have one of The Source email sign up coupons they aren't going to use? I'd like to buy the 1050ti they have but they aren't giving out the email coupons that makes it a really good deal anymore.

LOL well I would not expect a Dell to last that long. It could, I guess. But I expect the battery to go bad in a few and at some point I'd just rather have Apple + Applecare for the hassle free swap.

No need to go i7 unless you have a specific powerful app need.

OK, Ill stick to Apple lol.

terrible

Banned
Shot in the dark but does anyone have one of The Source email sign up coupons they aren't going to use? I'd like to buy the 1050ti they have but they aren't giving out the email coupons that makes it a really good deal anymore.

The $25 off $100 ones? I just used a temp email and signed up for their newsletter and I got one within 5 minutes.

I put a code in an email tag, just quote my post to see it.

Kyolux

What do you think is scalped more? The NES Classic or a Hatchimal?

What made your gf decide on that one instead of the Lenovo?

This seemed like the more solid choice after all. Like I think you said, ram can be upgraded easily. And with a stomach full, I had some time to look at more comparisons.

killroy87

$90 all in with tax for games you can already play easily and cheaper.

The eshop is piracy now? wtf

Agree it's a fun collector's item but let's not say it's a great value or anything. It's a fun toy.

Just out of curiosity, what method are you guys planning on using to get all 30 of these games for less than $79.99? If you want to make the argument that not all games are worthwhile then fine (though that argument's subjective and irrelevant), but this thing is absolutely the cheapest way to legally play all those games.

WTF. Amazon cancelled my Tales of Berseria CE. Now how am I suppose to get it :(

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Namco Bandai PS4 Tales of Berseria Collector's Edition"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Your order is now closed.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just out of curiosity, what method are you guys planning on using to get all 30 of these games for less than $79.99? If you want to make the argument that not all games are worthwhile then fine (though that argument's subjective and irrelevant), but this thing is absolutely the cheapest way to legally play all those games.

Dont get me wrong if youre interested in actually playing the games its a pretty good deal but a lot of people are caught up in the hype. How many just want one as a collectors item because supply is scarce and how many are actually going to play it?

Dont get me wrong if youre interested in actually playing the games its a pretty good deal but a lot of people are caught up in the hype. How many just want one as a collectors item because supply is scarce and how many are actually going to play it?

I really want to pick one up, as I've never really played a lot of NES games (outside of the Megaman series, the original Castlevania and SMB1&3) and would love to have that selection on a console.

I'm not in a rush to pick one up though, and I'm not going to pay the ridiculous prices that people are scalping them for.

Think I'll bite at Kings Quest at the least. I was under the impression that it came with a code to download the missing episode and epilogue but the key to do so is actually on the disc via an in-game menu which is a decent alternative.

So the content isn't actually on the disc? Just the key to download it?

Zeeman

I miss eShop card sales. I feel like the most recent one of those we had (aside from randos on ebay) was Target back in the day

$1843 total for a Macbook Pro, 2015 model, Retina display, 13" 250 GB SDD.

Is that worth it?

I believe it's $2000+ at the Mac Store for the same model.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I miss eShop card sales. I feel like the most recent one of those we had (aside from randos on ebay) was Target back in the day

I miss Target so much. They used to have good sales on games.

When was the last time WalMart had good sales besides the $50 preorders during E3? Fuck Walmart.

I worry that's too low of space. There is a chance they put up a refurb of the 250 GB model, but it apparently goes very fast.

I wonder if I can just buy a bunch of USBs and move over files...

I spent the last 2 hours cleaning 150 GB from my 250 GB Macbook.

Only thing I really have taking most space is Firefox... Dont really want or need games and dont really use many apps.

Do you guys think 128 GB is enough?

Sealtest

Anyone know if the Sun/Moon starter plushes made it to Canada yet? my Nephew is begging me to find a Litten or Rowlet for him.

kennah

I worry that's too low of space. There is a chance they put up a refurb of the 250 GB model, but it apparently goes very fast.

I wonder if I can just buy a bunch of USBs and move over files...

I spent the last 2 hours cleaning 150 GB from my 250 GB Macbook.

Only thing I really have taking most space is Firefox... Dont really want or need games and dont really use many apps.

Do you guys think 128 GB is enough?
I use one of these in my macboook as a second hard drive

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0/

Faster than a hard drive. I have all my steam games and virtual machines on it and infrequently used applications. Everything runs just fine. No problems with it from coming out of sleep or anything. Has been in my USB 3 slot for months.

Zeeman

Well that was a nice evening. Bell came to my building to sell packages, got their "Better TV" package plus Gigabit Fibe Unlimited Internet (plus a random home phone) for $99.90/month for 2 years. Considering I was paying $56/month just for Teksavvy internet before, I'm pretty happy with that

Eleuin

Yeah, if anyone was swayed by your previous comment then it would have been impulse buy otherwise

DayEnder

Is Shoppers doing anything for Black Friday? Haven't seen anything yet and we're pretty close now.

I have a bunch of Optimum points I'd use if they have some decent deals going.

Mayyhem

i want to get doom and skyrim and it looks like eb has it cheapest, $24.99 and $34.99.

what are the odds they have them available around lunch time on friday? probably slim to none haha

Bronetta

Is Shoppers doing anything for Black Friday? Haven't seen anything yet and we're pretty close now.

I have a bunch of Optimum points I'd use if they have some decent deals going.

Havent heard about any sales but there will be a points redemption event if you want to use some points.

Will it stack with the 10% Sony is giving out?

Based on the PSN sale thread I dont think so. It doesnt work on preorders either.

Vamphuntr

Kind of want the 140$ new 3DS. I still have my original red model from the Tsilon coupon and I want the SNES roms. Walmart has both the black and white model but they are labeled as Expected back in stock 2016-11-25T00:00:00-08:00. Is this for real? I'm not staying awake all night. Bestbuy only have the black one T.T

Knowing Nintendo they probably sent like 5 to each store too.

keakster

Kind of want the 140$ new 3DS. I still have my original red model from the Tsilon coupon and I want the SNES roms. Walmart has both the black and white model but they are labeled as Expected back in stock 2016-11-25T00:00:00-08:00. Is this for real? I'm not staying awake all night. Bestbuy only have the black one T.T

Knowing Nintendo they probably sent like 5 to each store too.

I haven't been able to find these on the Canadian sites. Are you looking at the US sites?

Edit: Just found them on WalMart.ca, still can't find on BestBuy though ...

Lexxism

Q: Should I get the GTA V on PC? Or should I go with PS4?

Well that was a nice evening. Bell came to my building to sell packages, got their "Better TV" package plus Gigabit Fibe Unlimited Internet (plus a random home phone) for $99.90/month for 2 years. Considering I was paying $56/month just for Teksavvy internet before, I'm pretty happy with that
Keep us updated if they jack the price after 3 or so months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom