• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shh...don't rub it in. I'm jealous.

I just put up letters on mailboxes on my road to try to see if my neighbours would be interested in petitioning Bell for Fibe, or Rogers to bring the cable line up to the top end of our road. I'm sick of having Internet that's slow or goes out at random (like it has for 2.5 months now). And at just 6mb/s.

Sorry if this comes off rudely. I'm just frustrated. Happy for you, though.

Thats a really neat idea. Let us know if it works! You should also ask for advice in DSLReports, canadian broadband forum.

soultron

Banned
You dont need it. Its a dumb gimmick for old people because Nintendo doesnt have anything else to sell this holiday season besides Sun&Moon.
Why are you calling me old and does anyone in the GTA want to sell me theirs? I legitimately want to play CV1 on a cute mini NES.

Aske

It looks like at least some of the items in the Microsoft Store black Friday sale are live. For instance, I could get the following right now for $300:
- Blue 500GB Xbox One S
- Gears of War Ultimate or Sunset Overdrive
- $50 Microsoft Store promo code

Unfortunately, the $50 takes up to 10 business days to arrive. Kind of kills it since all the sales will be over by then.

Still kind of a tempting bundle though. Not sure if there will be a better value (keeping in mind that I don't need more than 500GB and want as cheap as possible).

That's amazing - the Gears 4 bundle has the same deal: system, plus free game and $50 store credit. I wonder if Amazon will price match, or if I'll end up returning the one I bought and buying one from the MS Store.

Zeeman

You might want to double check what the guy gave you. Price seems right, but not for that internet speed. I'm unaware of any promo right now thats good for two years and includes gigabit. It's either gonna be Fibe 50 or Fibe 150. Gigabit alone is $150.

I just checked, my transaction summary says it's a 24 month credit and it's Gigabit Fibe. I was speaking to the super, apparently Bell set up the building for this stuff and is really trying to sell it to people.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I just checked, my transaction summary says it's a 24 month credit and it's Gigabit Fibe. I was speaking to the super, apparently Bell set up the building for this stuff and is really trying to sell it to people.

Had someone come to my door last night with the $100 2 year promo too but I had to turn him down because Im in a contract with Robbers

Stage On

Wow, Skylanders is dead. $45 CDN at EB already.

$50 for LEGO Dimensions at Wal-Mart huh. Might be a good present for my nephew.

Deservedly so after the the price hiking they've pulled. It was one thing when the figures where only $10 like when the series first came out but they've gotten progressively more expensive with each game in the series.

$20 a pop for figures is just insane and to make matters worse they've increased the size to the point I'm not sure where they heck I'd put them if I was still collecting since I was running out of room already before Superchargers even came out.

Aske

That's amazing - the Gears 4 bundle has the same deal: system, plus free game and $50 store credit. I wonder if Amazon will price match, or if I'll end up returning the one I bought and buying one from the MS Store.

Welp, no way to cancel the order, but Amazon said I can just refuse delivery and it'll be returned for me. That makes life far easier. And instead of paying $379 for a Gears 4 bundle with COD:IW, I'm paying $379 for a Gears 4 bundle with Gears Ultimate Edition and $50 MS store credit. This Black Friday continues to deliver!

Welp, no way to cancel the order, but Amazon said I can just refuse delivery and it'll be returned for me. That makes life far easier. And instead of paying $379 for a Gears 4 bundle with COD:IW, I'm paying $379 for a Gears 4 bundle with Gears Ultimate Edition and $50 MS store credit. This Black Friday continues to deliver!

I do think that's a great deal, but this Black Friday refuses to deliver for me. I only want a 500GB White Xbox One S for $330 or less. Yet no retailer seems to be offering that. Very disappointing.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I do think that's a great deal, but this Black Friday refuses to deliver for me. I only want a 500GB White Xbox One S for $330 or less. Yet no retailer seems to be offering that. Very disappointing.

Youre in luck!

EB Games has the white XBone with Red Dead Redemption and a $50 dinner card (swiss chalet, harveys, etc) for $300.

Qwyjibo

I'm glad I went with the EB Games Xbone S bundle a couple weeks ago. Even if it was just the 500gb one. After selling the games off, it turned out to be a great value. All these BF console bundles seems really disappointing.

Robert807

Is the gears of war ultimate edition the white Xbox if it's 1 tb.
The red gears Xbox only comes in the 2 tb edition that costs more ?

Youre in luck!

EB Games has the white XBone with Red Dead Redemption and a $50 dinner card (swiss chalet, harveys, etc) for $300.

Thanks, you're right...it is! Sadly, I won't be able to get it in all likelihood since the deal is in-store only and I wouldn't be able to get there from work until 5:30. Will probably be sold out by then.

Oh can we talk internet? My folks want to cancel bell and are currently going with Rogers, but Im not sure if that's a good idea.

Theyll get their basic tv channels, phone (free int. calling I think?), and Ignite Internet or something (my mom said something about 1000 MBs)

Is this really the best when Bell and rogers are known to be sucky with pricing?

Is techsavvy and Start.ca really better for tv/internet/phone bundles?

So are any online retailers confirmed to be putting up the Black Friday New 3DS at a specific time?

The US sites are starting to put them up early and I don't want to miss out.

Tempting to hop on the doom train but I'll see If BB will pricematch the microsoft store since doom is 24.99 there

Bronetta

Oh can we talk internet? My folks want to cancel bell and are currently going with Rogers, but Im not sure if that's a good idea.

Theyll get their basic tv channels, phone (free int. calling I think?), and Ignite Internet or something (my mom said something about 1000 MBs)

Is this really the best when Bell and rogers are known to be sucky with pricing?

Is techsavvy and Start.ca really better for tv/internet/phone bundles?

Yeah that's pretty much the best bundle you'll get for $100.

If its just for your parents though I imagine they dont need internet speed that high so you could try negotiating for a slightly slower internet for less.

Tevhsavvy or the other smaller guys prolly won't do any better plus their speeds wont be as good.

Aske

Is the gears of war ultimate edition the white Xbox if it's 1 tb.
The red gears Xbox only comes in the 2 tb edition that costs more ?

They're different things. The Gears of War bundle I got is Gears 4 and a 1TB white Xbone S; different to the 2TB bundle which comes with Gears 4 and custom console artwork.

A Walmart near me is showing the white New 3DS in stock. Does that mean I could go tomorrow and pick one up, or are they holding them until Black Friday?

Never mind, now it's out of stock. I guess they had it up early.

wmlk

I bought it. Including tax it's cheaper than Canadian deals for the Slim + I get 2 more games that I can sell off for money.

Gotta wait up to 10 days though. Is there a way to cut down import fees? How big is the box?

I bought it. Including tax it's cheaper than Canadian deals for the Slim + I get 2 more games that I can sell off for money.

Gotta wait up to 10 days though. Is there a way to cut down import fees? How big is the box?
Uhhh you do realize 249.99 USD is like 340CAD and that's not including import/shipping fees

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Looking at the games. There is nothing that is in my pricing range that interest me - less than $30, so I'll pass - I've got Pokemon and FFXV coming up that will keep me happy.

Bought The Division for PS4 though on the US Amazon and it comes out to $20 CAD, I'm good with that.

I'll be buying some Blu-Rays - got Star Trek Beyond for $14 on Amazon, and Batman v Superman for $13.

Looking to add more with The Legend of Tarzan, Deadpool & X-Men: Apocalypse in the same price range hopefully.

leeman

A Walmart near me is showing the white New 3DS in stock. Does that mean I could go tomorrow and pick one up, or are they holding them until Black Friday?

Never mind, now it's out of stock. I guess they had it up early.

They were actually available online @ Walmart.ca for about 4 minutes the other day. A mistake I think, but some people managed to get them ordered.

LoneWolf780

Neo Member
I ordered skyrim this afternoon for $49.99 thinking that was a good deal, now it's $39.99 and I can't cancel it, customer service wouldn't change the price either. I didn't think it would drop another $10 a few hours later.

Jamaal23

Neo Member

UberTag

Are those advertised EB Games deals in-store only (i.e. surrounded in a sea of Funko figures) or will they be available via EBGames.ca as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom