• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Anyone else second guessing the color choice?

I went grey but those neon ones do look gorgeous.

I am actually second guessing in the other direction haha. Just a bit though.

It's not that I don't like the colours. I saw them for myself back in January at the Toronto event and knew it's the SKU I wanted. The problem is when the controllers are attached to the console in the dock, it really stands out compared to all the other dark-coloured devices sitting nearby. It's alright though... and once I get a charging grip (at some point), I won't have to keep the JoyCons there anymore to charge.

zroid

Banned
Remember when we all agreed Amazon was intentionally delaying shipments to non-Prime customers? Now they can't even get Prime customers their stuff on time.

That company is something else. At least in this country.

I assume I can't just walk into a store in Toronto and buy a Switch now lol

Oh well. Hopefully there is a restock when I get back to town in ten days

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Remember when we all agreed Amazon was intentionally delaying shipments to non-Prime customers? Now they can't even get Prime customers their stuff on time.

Which is why I find it hilarious when people go "I cant wait for Best Buy and EB to go out of business". Like whats that gonna accomplish? Amazon and Walmart getting even more complacent?

Luigi87

Got incredibly lucky with a Master Edition in store pick up due to a cancellation. I can't put this thing down. First at home, then at the doctor's, then at the barber shop. I love this thing. And I underestimated how cool the shiekah slate case would be. It fits so much stuff and is compact and very protective at the same time.

Yeah the Sheikah Slate case is fantastic. It can house my Anker portable battery no problem.

Zekes!

Still waiting on my console, I'm in Victoria. Usually I get parcels and packages in the late morning or around lunch, so I'm hoping it's just a late afternoon delivery. It was still in Richmond as of last night, so it would've have to come over to the island in the morning or sometime today. The estimated arrival is today, so hopefully I can be patient and it will come.

Madness

If I'm not at the door when Amazon delivers it, do they just leave it there?

Yup. So fucking dumb. You'll see a note on your order page too OSNR left at front door etc.

One time Future Shop just left my Gamecube on launch on the front porch in a giant ass box with Luigis Mansion inside as well for like 2 hours before I got home from school and brought it in. Luckily my neighborhood was great then, still had Block Parents and whatnot.

-Deimos

I contacted Amazon about the Zelda delay and they discounted my copy. Those of you who haven't received it might want to try as well.

I didn't want one, but I'll probably pick one up when the demand dies down

Need to sell my girlfriend on it first. I think if we adopt a cat first her protests will disappear

Then nothing to stress on. By the time you commit, they'll be readily available and will hopefully have all the issues sorted. Until then enjoy convincing your girlfriend. Though I would recommend a dog over a cat. :D

NYR

Best Buy Forums:
Apparently no one in Western Canada got their units outside a few people in Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond.

CazTGG

Anyone else second guessing the color choice?

I went grey but those neon ones do look gorgeous.

Eh, i'd prefer the Joy-Cons match but I still like Neon more than the grey variation. Kind of curious when they'll start selling your typical Zelda, Mario, Pokémon Joy-Consalong with adding in new colors/patterns.

ahdurian

DYYNNAAMEEXXXXXXX
Checked my status at work since I got an update. Apparently picked up by them at 11AM, and its still on its way for "before 9PM"

ARGGHHH

JDH

Apparently no one in Western Canada got their units outside a few people in Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond.

Can confirm. Edmonton here and my BB Switch order was only charged a few hours ago, and their website order status is down, so I don't even have tracking. Needless to say, I won't be playing Switch until late next week most likely.

Amazon also fucked me over and my BOTW and Pro controller is still preparing for shipment...

terrible

Banned
DYYNNAAMEEXXXXXXX
Checked my status at work since I got an update. Apparently picked up by them at 11AM, and its still on its way for "before 9PM"

ARGGHHH

For every time you refresh the tracking page they add another 20 minutes to the shipping time.

Source: personal experience.

Vinc

Switch still out for delivery with Zelda... Intelcom tells me it should be here within the hour. They've never delivered this late before. I hope he's right.

Waterdrop

17103728_10158210783395456_6107122556041751938_n.jpg

It has arrived!

nath999

I assume I can't just walk into a store in Toronto and buy a Switch now lol

Oh well. Hopefully there is a restock when I get back to town in ten days

When I went to Walmart today in Scarborough they had some units available and I think Amazon.ca showed it was restocking March 11.

joedick

Tracking says package was delivered today but there's no sign of it :( It was apparently left in the community mailbox but there were no keys waiting for me. They might've left them in someone else's box and I have to hope they won't keep it. On hold with CP right now.

Savitar

Definitely.

I got Amazon Prime but for some reason it wasn't applying it to everything proper, I had to contact customer several times over the issue. The times when Prime was applied things shipped quick, didn't matter what it was. The times when Prime was not applied it always went a few days.

I ordered this screen protector. Will get back with how it is. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

Anyone grab one today who can comment on how the Hori, PDP or Nintendo ones are?

In my personal opinion. Nintendo's official screen protector...sucks.

It's too big. By a fraction of a mm, but too big. No matter how hard you try you're not going to get it to sit tight around the edges. Because of the lip of the bezel, it's impossible to avoid air pockets along the edge.

eyesradar

I know it's overpriced, but that box helps to make the SE feel worth it. It's absolutely beautiful in person.

For me personally I'm biting the lure for the ba g. I'm carrying the console + USB C cable + a legit set of headphone (px200ii) + anker wall plug charger within and walking around with it.

Not to mention it's also a Sheikah Slate!

Alberta checking in. Best Buy.

Just got my shipping email and tracking number.
I have three separate tracking numbers now for my items. No updates from the tracking numbers. Have just been dicking around work all afternoon waiting but I can probably leave now.

ty_hot

Not game related, but I need recommendation of Canadian websites to buy unlocked phones. which are the better ones? I see there is a Canadian Amazon, but I dont know any other. I have a relative going to Canada soon and I am considering getting a phone there for my dad (he is in Brazil where prices are obscene).

scogoth

For other people who got the SE, does the map of hurtle look like someone spilled water all over it? I can't tell if this is artistic effect to make it look old or if actually had water spilled on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom