• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

senj

Not game related, but I need recommendation of Canadian websites to buy unlocked phones. which are the better ones? I see there is a Canadian Amazon, but I dont know any other. I have a relative going to Canada soon and I am considering getting a phone there for my dad (he is in Brazil where prices are obscene).

NCIX carries a bunch, looks like

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, I forgot that Amazon did Saturdays now... hopefully the private carrier doesn't screw up.

Also, any reason to own a Wii U copy of Zelda? Is it rare or anything?

speiky

Pre-ordered the collector's guide.
Really wanted to play today. Had a rep tell me it would arrive on the 3rd. Now the item is out of stock and expected to ship within 2-5 months. I'm irritated.
Again rep tells me they're sorry and it'll come tomorrowor latest Monday? Do the reps understand your questions or just hope you go away after a while?

::edit:: Amazon

Sealtest

Anyone grab one today who can comment on how the Hori, PDP or Nintendo ones are?

Interested to hear too, all the dock scratch stories are scaring me.

I bought the Hori premium one and I cannot confirm if the heat of the console was the problem or a bad protector but it started peeling and bubbling after a few hours of play.

I emailed Hori to find out if its a common issue.

Sapiens

Too much bad switch news. Just ordered the Wii U version and will be returning the Switch and Zelda when I get them...

Lizardus

After this conversation, my Amazon Switch order mysteriously shipped after "preparing for shipment" for more than a day.

Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:
Initial Question: I placed this order on January 13th, as soon as it went up and it STILL has not shipped. I am already seeing that people who ordered it yesterday have already gotten their orders or they have been shipped. This is ridiculous. I am getting frustrated at this. There is no reason for me to continue to be a Prime member if I am getting all my products late.
03:33 PM PST Chris(Amazon): Hello, my name is Chris. Thanks for chatting in with me today. Please give me just a sec to pull up this order and take a look. Thanks :)
03:34 PM PST Chris: What I can tell you about your order is that it is in the advance shipping stages with an express shipping speed and is estimated to be delivered between 8-10 March
03:35 PM PST Me: It has been preparing for shipment since atleast yesterday. Why is that?
03:36 PM PST Me: Logic would dictate that people who ordered first would get theirs shipped out before anyone else, no?
Is there even a point of preordering ?
03:36 PM PST Chris: I'm not sure why the status shows "shipping soon" since yesterday. I've seen that status on many orders today for this that are in the advance shipping stages. I can assure you we are working very hard to get your order and other Switch orders out as soon as possible
03:37 PM PST Me: Do you have an explanation why people who ordered yesterday are already getting their units shipped out and even delivered?
03:38 PM PST Chris: We had additional inventory of this console that was available for order and in some areas, same day shipping was offered. Some people may have placed their orders this way and may be how they received their orders so quickly
03:39 PM PST Me: You had additional inventory but the people who ordered first did not get them?
03:41 PM PST Chris: I know it's frustrating and I would be as upset as you if I had made a preorder in January and others who ordered yesterday or today are getting their orders before you. I personally am upset about this for my customers as it doesn't seem fair for those who have been waiting and planned ahead by preordering. Unfortunately, I am only the messenger :(
03:41 PM PST Me: I understand
03:42 PM PST Chris: Good news is that yours is on the way and as soon as it ships, you will receive a shipment confirmation email. I do hope you'll get that confirmation later tonight :)
03:43 PM PST Mei: Thanks for your help
03:43 PM PST Chris: you're very welcome. sorry I didn't have better news to share. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :) hang in there. we are working hard to get these orders out
03:43 PM PST Me: You too ,thanks
03:44 PM PST Chris: thanks, bye for now :)

Thank you.
Amazon.ca

Showing March 9 as delivery date.

My original Switch order from amazon has now said "shipping now" for nearly 40 hours.

Incredible.

Yup. Charged and status of "Being shipped today" since yesterday over here as well. If this continues this way I can see myself not even getting it on Monday.

Time to get back on Horizon.

ahdurian

i really fail to believe that my switch departed from richmond nearly 24 hours ago and couldn't even get to alberta.

mine was picked up 8 hours ago and on route for delivery, and the warehouse is a 20 minute drive from my house

status still showing "out for delivery"

My family member picked up games and JoyCons that I pre-ordered using Switch trade-in offers when I only wanted them to pick up Zelda. Is it possible to return them and get the full trade-in credit that I was going to transfer to other games?

zroid

Banned
My family member picked up games and JoyCons that I pre-ordered using Switch trade-in offers when I only wanted them to pick up Zelda. Is it possible to return them and get the full trade-in credit that I was going to transfer to other games?

I think the only thing you will lose out on is the credit being non-taxable

they will just refund it to a gift card so it'll be treated like cash

Zekes!

At this point I just wish my tracking would update so I know whether I have to wait until Monday for my Switch or if it actually will come today. It's getting kind of late at this point.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon STILL hasn't shipped Zelda LOL

at this rate I won't even get it on Monday. Incredible.

Bomberman, Zelda SE, Pro Controller, screen protector and Amiibos, nothing shipped for me. I put them all in as separate orders too, in case something was delayed. Disaster.

Status update. To everyone with stuck orders on Amazon, talk to a CS:
Me: Hello I was charged for my order yesterday and its status still hasn't changed from "being shipped today" since yesterday. I'm hearing reports of people who ordered their units today and those are already shipped, and being delivered tomorrow. I placed my pre-order in January and I am a Prime member, so why am I getting my order after them?
You are now connected to Vignesh from Amazon.ca
Vignesh: Hello this is Vignesh. I'll be happy to help you.
I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please help me with the order number?
Me: Sure 1 second
ORDER # *******************
If I go into Zelda's product listing it tells me I can order within 16hr and get it tomorrow. I wanted to know why mine can't also be delivered in that time frame, seeing how I ordered it so long ago
I'm wondering if there was a problem with shipment or something
Vignesh: I'm checking this order for you.
Me: Thank you Vignesh
Vignesh: Thanks for waiting.
Sorry to keep you waiting ****.
Me: No problem
Vignesh: On checking your order, I see that your shipment has been struck in our fulfillment center and this will happen in rare cases, as it has happened to you. I do understand your frustration of not getting your order on the release date. But due to some error from our fulfillment center end, this has happened and I apologize on behalf.
Me: Would there be a way of it getting shipped to me tomorrow?
Vignesh: Yes, I'll escalate this to our shipping department with high importance in order to fix this error and I've made a note on your account to ship your order at a priority to your address in order to ship the order right away.
Me: Thanks Vignesh, I appreciate the help
Vignesh: To compensate for this delay, I've issued $5 as a promotional certificate to your account so that you can use it for your next order.
Me: Thank you once again. You were very helpful!
Vignesh: You're Welcome and your feedback is very much appreciated ****.
You can click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.
Me: Sure thing. Have a great day!

No idea whether I will be getting it tomorrow or not, but this at least is something. It's worth giving the chat a go if you are stuck like I was.

shira

Skin me if already posted...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xc5si/warning_do_not_skin_your_nintendo_switch/

SmD0RcV.jpg

Nintendo protecting their limited color releases.

antibolo

Banned
Oh for fuck's sake, BotW in English displays temperatures in farenheits and there's no way to change it. First FFXV and now this. What the fuck is 58 F in real units?

Americans really do think that all English-speaking countries use their stupid archaic measurement system, don't they?

Luigi87

Oh for fuck's sake, BotW in English displays temperatures in farenheits and there's no way to change it. First FFXV and now this. What the fuck is 58 F in real units?

Americans really do think that all English-speaking countries use their stupid archaic measurement system, don't they?
Yeah it bugs the crap out of me considering metric is more widely spread.

jholmes

Waiting for the update and I come in and read this. Man, really bummed to hear this, super annoying.

zroid

Banned
Bomberman, Zelda SE, Pro Controller, screen protector and Amiibos, nothing shipped for me. I put them all in as separate orders too, in case something was delayed. Disaster.

Yeah I had a couple amiibo as well, which haven't gone out either. Now looking more closely they're saying everything will ship on the 6th. I fail to see why.

I'm going to have to complain tomorrow, I guess

on a related note, can anyone confirm whether the Zelda copy inside the SE has the same barcode as the standard version? And that it's sealed?

hahahahaha

Think of it this way, It's a nebulous measurement system ideal for a fantasy setting.

antibolo

Banned
I switched my console to French and of course the units are now in Celcius.

I guess I'll continue playing the game in French then.

ruvcan

Been to eb games to do the x2 deal with a few old games I had.

Came out with :

Set of red Joy-con
Joy-con charging grip
Switch ac adapter
And a 50$ eshop card

All that for 6$ out of my pocket.

NYR

Went in and picked up my Switch Pro controller, Zelda, 1-2 Switch, and a Hori Screen Protector from EB, thanks for actually doing a good job and delivering on my pre-order (take notes Best Buy).

I actually took advantage of the 2x trade promo and traded games to get the two Switch games, my screen protector and the $20 balance owed on my pro controller for $0.00 (values listed are the 2x value):

Last Guardian - $45
Gears Of War 4 - $30
Splatoon - $52
Windwaker - $14
Lego Undercover - $14
Nintendoland - $18
--------------------------------
$173

Ffffffuuuuuuuck I ended up buying 3 switches. Neither order from BB or Amazon shipped lastnight, so me and the gf went to BB to see if you could get lucky, we both ended up getting a neon in store with 0 issues at about 9:45 am. I did my best to cancel the exist orders, but they shipped anyways around 2 pm so now I have to deal with that nonsense next week.

iphys

Been to eb games to do the x2 deal with a few old games I had.

Came out with :

Set of red Joy-con
Joy-con charging grip
Switch ac adapter
And a 50$ eshop card

All that for 6$ out of my pocket.

They count eShop cards for the Switch offer?

ruvcan

They count eShop cards for the Switch offer?

Only been there to buy the Joy-con, didn't expect much from the 2x trade deal, turns out I got 244$, had to spend the remaining $ so picked up a charging grip and ac adapter. Nothing else interested me and has about 43 I would have lost, so they bent the rule and let me buy an eshop card with the rest of the money instead of loosing it. So ymmv.

tiijj

Uh there's no English UK option, only the option to change the entire system's region to Europe. That sounds like it could change a lot more things.

Fuck you Nintendo for not acknowledging Canada's use of metric in your "Americas" region.

Yeah, you need to set it to europe which sucks since it's a different region and if or when you buy the DLC you probably need your canadian acct for that. Unfortunately Canada is an afterthought for Nintendo of America.

Pre-ordered the collector's guide.
Really wanted to play today. Had a rep tell me it would arrive on the 3rd. Now the item is out of stock and expected to ship within 2-5 months. I'm irritated.
Again rep tells me they're sorry and it'll come tomorrowor latest Monday? Do the reps understand your questions or just hope you go away after a while?

::edit:: Amazon

Ouch. Ordered March 1 and received it today. There doesnt seem to be a first come first serve queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom