• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have the list with me but was a few xbox 360 games and about 10 3ds games.

Some 3ds games were worth over 25$.

Yeah In Dec a bunch of 3ds games were $20-$30 on amazon. EB is awesome for taking these in at cost. Like a free rental.

Anyone with the Hori premium protector (the thick one) actually notice it being different than a typical screen protector? Got the thin one myself, seems fine, but already a small bubble appeared (due to heat? Or my bad install?)

iphys

Only been there to buy the Joy-con, didn't expect much from the 2x trade deal, turns out I God 244$, had to spend the remaining $ so picked up a charging grip and ac adapter. Nothing else interested me and has about 43 I would have lost, so they bent the rule and let me buy an eshop card with the rest of the money instead of loosing it. So ymmv.

Yeah, it doesn't help they don't have much Switch stuff in stock or to pre-order. I want to trade in my Wii U Zelda, but I'm not sure for what if they don't add Splatoon 2 by Apr 2.

ruvcan

Yeah, it doesn't help they don't have much Switch stuff in stock or to pre-order. I want to trade in my Wii U Zelda, but I'm not sure for what if they don't add Splatoon 2 by Apr 2.

They didn't have the red Joy-con set and the charging grip in store, but the store was able to order then and have it delivered to my home (living 1h30 from the store, so is was more convenient for me to have then shipped and the shipping was free anyway).

antibolo

Banned
So I wonder if I should just switch my main account to US? It's not like there's any point in ever using the Canadian eShop eh?

Zekes!

Canada Posr finally updates. Expected delivery date is now Monday instead of today. At least I know now. I waited around at home all day on this thing.

*sigh* this must be a sign from God that I outta work on my paper that's due next week lmao

iphys

So I wonder if I should just switch my main account to US? It's not like there's any point in ever using the Canadian eShop eh?

Fast RMX works out cheaper on the Canadian eShop for one, and if you still have a 3DS it's not so easy to totally ditch the Canadian eShop.

tiijj

My Nintendo switch from amazon finally shipped and will arrive on monday :( They didn't even do a one day. It shipped via canada post, that's why it's set for monday.

For my fellow stuck in shipping now or being shipped today brethren check your email.

Sealtest

So best buy finally shipped my futureshop WII U Zelda, And amazon has yet to do anything about my zelda SE that's been preparing for shipment since yesterday. Lovely.

Moltenix

Omg, my Zelda Wii U from Amazon made it here to Calgary at 5:30PM. But it's not set to be delivered till Monday. Ugh, the torture of knowing the game is literally here but having to wait all weekend. :'(

zroid

Banned
I'm not going to complain too much because Prime is giving me 20% off Zelda SE, which is not insignificant savings for a $130 game

but if the point of a Prime free trial is to convince me to re-up, they're definitely failing at that with this shipping fiasco

antibolo

Banned
Fast RMX works out cheaper on the Canadian eShop for one,

Oh that's interesting. I guess pricing is entirely left to the publisher?

and if you still have a 3DS it's not so easy to totally ditch the Canadian eShop.

Oh I guess that's true, I think I remember reading that you can't mismatch NNID and Nintendo Account country settings without unbinding them, which would probably be a mess.

Separate US account it is, then!

Any idea what's a good usb => usb-c cable to get for charging on the go with my 10,000 powerbank?

Dare I say I am going to the actual best buy store tomorrow since I should use my BB gift card I got for my birthday.

Speaking of which, any have the bose wireless Bluetooth earbuds that can share their thoughts? thinking of picking up those w/ my gift card (well, to cover most of the cost that is).

Lizardus

Any idea what's a good usb => usb-c cable to get for charging on the go with my 10,000 powerbank?

Dare I say I am going to the actual best buy store tomorrow since I should use my BB gift card I got for my birthday.

Speaking of which, any have the bose wireless Bluetooth earbuds that can share their thoughts? thinking of picking up those w/ my gift card (well, to cover most of the cost that is).

That reminded me, any recommendations on quality wireless earbuds or headphones? Looking to get a pair for my sister.

ohlawd

anyone have a particular screen protector they're attached to for Switch? that scratching shit is nuts. need to buy one, more accessories yay

Vinc

I feel like a complete asshole.

I preordered the Switch with Zelda and ended up inquiring about the shipping estimate last week. I wasn't mad or anything. I don't think I sounded mad at all, I literally just asked if there was any chance or way to get it at launch and was told no it's impossible. I was like "dang, oh well", but they were really apologetic and changed my shipping from express to priority, and applied a 20% discount to the whole order. The thing is, without this happening, I probably would've cancelled the order. Both because I was already on the fence and thought full price is too much, AND because I didn't want a full week of extra waiting time before I could play zelda, so I settled for the Wii U version at Best Buy.

But I kept the order, and it shipped without the 20% off I was told would be applied. Though I did get the Switch today.

Thing is, I just contacted Amazon this morning to say I didn't get the 20% off. CSR was confused, so I just explained it and pointed to the chat I previously had. He gave me a refund, but it wasn't the right amount, as I noticed when it was processed. It was only off by like 10 bucks. Felt like a dick, but I still contacted them a second time to politely explain what happened. I never sounded mad, and definitely wasn't. But the new CSR seemed confused as to why I got that discount in the first place, AND got shipping fees waived on the order, AND price protection also brought Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, and Xenoblade within that order down. So on her end she saw I already got 100+ dollars off and was confused (if you include price protection on the games and the shipping fee waive, though she also insisted free priority shipping was a 19.95 discount even though it's usually only 3 bucks for me, and I never even asked for priority shipping). She said the "promotion" didn't include taxes. I was confused and said I don't think it was part of any promotion, but I didn't want to push further. She then immediately offered a refund of 91 dollars for seemingly no reason. I said that's way more than I was asking for, and she still processed it. I apologized for the whole confusing situation, and she was just like "that's fine, you're the customer."

So TL;DR I ended up getting 180 bucks off my Switch order for no real reason, without asking for it, and just by contacting customer service and expressing confusion. Now I feel like I accidentally "scammed" them and I feel really bad. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, and I don't want to have the reputation of a difficult customer or something. Am I being crazy here? I guess I should just enjoy the huge discount, but I just don't want it to be at the expense of anyone else.

anyone have a particular screen protector they're attached to for Switch? that scratching shit is nuts. need to buy one, more accessories yay

I just bought the normal Nintendo officially license Hori screen protective filter at EB Games today. I normally bleep them up when applying them so I didn't want to get the more expensive one. But this time, I did a good job (somehow).

original.jpg

shira

I just bought the normal Nintendo officially license Hori screen protective filter at EB Games today. I normally bleep them up when applying them so I didn't want to get the more expensive one. But this time, I did a good job (somehow).

original.jpg

Once I went tempered glass I can't go back.

iLLmAtlc

I think if you were to call again, there's no guarantee that you'll save the CSR from discipline but you're virtually guaranteed to lose your discount. If anything you might even call attention to it if nobody else noticed.

I admire your morality but I think you should just leave things as is. It's not like you duped anybody.

My Zelda WiiU e3 preorder from 2015 wasn't arriving until Monday. After going back and forth with amazon customer service I decided to order it today with day one shipping. The order I made today got here before the order I made almost 2 years ago. Amazon is a joke.

I feel like a complete asshole.
-snip-

One time I had some problems with my amazon order where they sent me the game and I had a very minor shipping problem. I wrote into them to ask if they could do anythng about it and they refunded me the cost of the game plus $5 and when I called in to try and be honest and fix it the guy on the phone checked with his supervisor and basically said he didn't want to waste his time figuring out how to charge me what I was supposed to pay and that I should just chalk it up to a luck

I think the only thing you will lose out on is the credit being non-taxable

they will just refund it to a gift card so it'll be treated like cash

They can also refund it to another pre order.

Okay, this is good. I might switch the JoyCon set to a Pro Controller if they have one, but probably not. As long as I can still switch the credit to another preorder like I was originally planning, I'll be happy.

NYR

Wow, FUCK YOU BEST BUY. Just got my tracking number updated, service standard delivery for fucking Wednesday. Fuck you, you pieces of shit.

Vinc

One time I had some problems with my amazon order where they sent me the game and I had a very minor shipping problem. I wrote into them to ask if they could do anythng about it and they refunded me the cost of the game plus $5 and when I called in to try and be honest and fix it the guy on the phone checked with his supervisor and basically said he didn't want to waste his time figuring out how to charge me what I was supposed to pay and that I should just chalk it up to a luck

That happened to me too last week with For Honor. Game was already only 50 bucks AND with 30% off stacked due to price protection and e3 2015 promos... And when I chatted to ask if there was an issue with the order cause it wouldn't ship (wasn't even mad), the guy decided to refund me + an additional five bucks. Amazon is just insane sometimes. But damn, it can really make me feel like a privileged asshole. I will definitely renew Prime despite some trouble.

Frimaire

Wow, FUCK YOU BEST BUY. Just got my tracking number updated, service standard delivery for fucking Wednesday. Fuck you, you pieces of shit.

Damn, really? that sucks.
My Switch from best buy is set to be delivered Tuesday and I live in a fucking town in northern BC...
Doesn't really matter for me though, since Amazon's not delivering my copy of BotW until Thursday...
Good thing I'm used to a few extra days shipping...

Gitaroo

They know people are expecting their systems today, they can't even work out some deal with the shipper to ship it with the fastest shipping. Yeah fuck them. Intelcom is shipping my zelda from amazong on Saturday tmr.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They know people are expecting their systems today, they can't even work out some deal with the shipper to ship it with the fastest shipping. Yeah fuck them. Intelcom is shipping my zelda from amazong on Saturday tmr.

I tried haggling with an Amazon CSR about getting at least SOME of my orders out tomorrow with Intelcom. No dice. No offer of discount, Prime extension, or anything either. I'm out on Amazon after this mess. 20% discount just isn't worth the headache for me. And the discount often times need to be taken up with CSR, because price won't be correct, or applied at all.

JohnTonne

Yup, just got my shipping info set for Thursday, I'll get Zelda from Amazon on Tuesday and the Switch next Thursday from Best Buy.

Who has been the best shipper during this whole mess? London Drugs? EB?

Gitaroo

I tried haggling with an Amazon CSR about getting at least SOME of my orders out tomorrow with Intelcom. No dice. No offer of discount, Prime extension, or anything either. I'm out on Amazon after this mess. 20% discount just isn't worth the headache for me. And the discount often times need to be taken up with CSR, because price won't be correct, or applied at all.

From my exp, amazon at least try to offer something back most of the time. With bestbuy, nothing.

Going by this though

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/free-shipping-on-orders-over-35/hc8249.aspx

Looks like expedited shipping for me should be 1 day, from previous exp. Once it's in my city it's usually shipped to me on the same day

DVCY201

Same here! I could've ordered with Amazon this morning and it would be here on Monday. But Wednesday from Best Buy? Yea, no. I'm done with them. Gonna return a few if my items and then take my money elsewhere.

1337Sauce

So just got an email update on the BOTW hardcover strategy guide... April 3rd - July 13th. This can't be for real...right?

EDIT: Amazon by the way.

ahdurian

Do you guys know what stores will do Eshop / PSN cards via e-mail?
I forgot I have one of those 25$ prepaid visas from Christmas, so I'm probably gonna use it one of the two
would rather just get a digital code instead of a physical card

ohlawd

I assume all the glass ones are the same at least. They're all 15 bucks too.

thanks

think I'll go with the tempered glass. forgot about those. the flimsy ones I used for my Wii U faded away fairly quickly. should try something that can last a bit longer. $15's not bad either

Xbudz

So I would have been fucked by Best Buy as they won't get anything to me until Monday, so this morning I lined up at London Drugs here in Victoria BC, sat in a line for 2 hours with 5 other people.

Got my Switch and went to EB Games after work to buy Zelda.

On Monday when Canada Post comes through, I'll be returning the Switch and Zelda back to Best Buy because
my credit card is sweatin'

Gitaroo

Same here! I could've ordered with Amazon this morning and it would be here on Monday. But Wednesday from Best Buy? Yea, no. I'm done with them. Gonna return a few if my items and then take my money elsewhere.

Just make sure you write them some nasty feedback so they know they fucked up. They owe pretty much most of the west coast customers a big apology. Most of order from the east coast proccess and shipped out way faster. As much as I hate this I still hope they will stay in business, could be hell if the only store left is amazon if you know what i mean, not that amazon has anything to brag even as a prime subscriber. I get free 2days shipping most of the time with best buy and it doesn't require me to pay.

So I would have been fucked by Best Buy as they won't get anything to me until Monday, so this morning I lined up at London Drugs here in Victoria BC, sat in a line for 2 hours with 5 other people.

Got my Switch and went to EB Games after work to buy Zelda.

On Monday when Canada Post comes through, I'll be returning the Switch and Zelda back to Best Buy because
my credit card is sweatin'
I feel you man I'm going to be returning my online order switch from BB AND a switch order from amazon both arriving mid next week even though I was assured by CS i would get it on release. Bank account is equally sweaty right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom