• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of deal for Switch Download games

It was brought up several times earlier in the thread so I thought I would let folks know that I just bought a Snipperclips download code from Amazon.com and successfully redeemed it in the Canadian eShop.

For those looking to save a few bucks on digital purchases, you can use download code purchases at Amazon.com for this purpose. Obviously this will vary based on current prices, exchange rates, your credit card, and the province you live in. In my case in BC today, I paid just over $27 CAD from Amazon.com (there's no sales tax) versus the $31.57 it would be on the eShop after sales tax. You can use this Visa calculator with your card's conversion fee (standard is 2.5%, some cards are lower or 0%) to get a good idea of what the cost will be: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html/ You may also need to use a US billing address on Amazon.com, but from my experience any address will work.

Notable examples for this "deal" right now on the Switch are Snipperclips and the Zelda Expansion Pass.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9YMLHP/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VVQGHHN/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers.

Xbudz

It was brought up several times earlier in the thread so I thought I would let folks know that I just bought a Snipperclips download code from Amazon.com and successfully redeemed it in the Canadian eShop.

For those looking to save a few bucks on digital purchases, you can use download code purchases at Amazon.com for this purpose. Obviously this will vary based on current prices, exchange rates, your credit card, and the province you live in. In my case in BC today, I paid just over $27 CAD from Amazon.com (there's no sales tax) versus the $31.57 it would be on the eShop after sales tax. You can use this Visa calculator with your card's conversion fee (standard is 2.5%, some cards are lower or 0%) to get a good idea of what the cost will be: https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/travel-support/exchange-rate-calculator.html/ You may also need to use a US billing address on Amazon.com, but from my experience any address will work.

Notable examples for this "deal" right now on the Switch are Snipperclips and the Zelda Expansion Pass.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9YMLHP/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VVQGHHN/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers.

Cheers, thanks.

Wow, FUCK YOU BEST BUY. Just got my tracking number updated, service standard delivery for fucking Wednesday. Fuck you, you pieces of shit.

Yup. Not sure if I am more annoyed that it didn't even ship until Friday afternoon or that it will take until Wednesday to get to Calgary from Richmond. Did they just throw some stamps on it and throw it in the mailbox?

edit: Now that I look, it wasn't even picked up until 6:52 pm. I could have bought from Amazon this morning with a Monday delivery ffs. I guess we will see if I still want it next week.

NYR

Yup. Not sure if I am more annoyed that it didn't even ship until Friday afternoon or that it will take until Wednesday to get to Calgary from Richmond. Did they just throw some stamps on it and throw it in the mailbox?

edit: Now that I look, it wasn't even picked up until 6:52 pm. I could have bought from Amazon this morning with a Monday delivery ffs. I guess we will see if I still want it next week.
My calgary order just got updated to expected Delivery of Tuesday. Still unacceptable.

Sealtest

Hahaha 3 hours after I bought the expansion from the Canadian eshop :p

But its nice to know for the future. Thanks bud.

Dazzler

I've talked myself into a Switch. I'm so impulsive when it comes to consoles

Going to sell my 3DS and Vita to part fund it

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

antibolo

Banned
It's also worth noting that Snipperclips is actually at its cheapest on the Japanese eShop (and still has full multilingual support).

DownLoad

My calgary order just got updated to expected Delivery of Tuesday. Still unacceptable.

Calgary too.

My Bestbuy Switch order is currently estimated Wednesday
Bestbuy Pro controller estimate Tuesday
Amazon Zelda estimate Thursday

What a gongshow...

Amazon still says Horizon "Will Ship 3 Mar"
7c6ac52780e2b0698c752c0f6f77e051.png

This really is the end of Amazon free shipping's heyday huh
7c6ac52780e2b0698c752c0f6f77e051.png

Oh yeah.

Luigi87

WARNING

DO NOT buy the hori premium screen protector. As I posted earlier when the system is docked or warms up the screen protector will start lifting/peeling off the unit. At first I thought maybe mine was just a one off but looking at almost every Amazon review almost everyone is having this problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCX8UUG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I wasted money buying this today too.
Still managed to get some dust under it, and I also found it interfered with touch inputs... bluh. I'll try one of those tempered glass ones.

Sealtest

I wasted money buying this today too.
Still managed to get some dust under it, and I also found it interfered with touch inputs... bluh. I'll try one of those tempered glass ones.

I was completely shocked it wasn't tempered glass for the price we paid.. And for some reason even with the shower trick I also got a ton of dust under the screen.

Something is totally up with this one.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Did anyone get a screen protector for Switch? Debating between the official Nintendo/Hori vs. Biogeniks from EbGames after seeing what the dock can do to that beautiful screen.

WARNING

DO NOT buy the hori premium screen protector. As I posted earlier when the system is docked or warms up the screen protector will start lifting/peeling off the unit. At first I thought maybe mine was just a one off but looking at almost every Amazon review almost everyone is having this problem.

I'm wondering if the tempered glass one will have the same issue

Vaeghar

Neo Member
WARNING

Luckily I saw the reviews. I ordered the standard Hori screen protector this morning.

I noticed the poor reviews showing up a few hours later. I quickly cancelled my order (it was on backorder anyhow) and purchased a tempered glass protector instead. Hopefully it helps with the scratching fiasco.

Sealtest

Don't get me wrong this thing is a beast with scratches. I ran my keys over it and it looked fine. If they can fix the problem with it not staying on the screen I'd agree this was the best screen protector I ever bought.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Luckily I saw the reviews. I ordered the standard Hori screen protector this morning.

I noticed the poor reviews showing up a few hours later. I quickly cancelled my order (it was on backorder anyhow) and purchased a tempered glass protector instead. Hopefully it helps with the scratching fiasco.

Would you be able to recommend the tempered glass protector you ended up buying? Thanks!

iphys

WARNING

You'd think they'd do a better job when they charge a premium for something. Meanwhile the one in my Biogenic starter kit went on perfectly and so far no problems. You can get a 2-pack of them for $10, and it seemed to be what everyone was going for at EB today.

Sealtest

and it seemed to be what everyone was going for at EB today.

I was that guy looking at all the people going for these and looking down at them because I thought Biogenik would have the problems and I was actually buying the better product because it had the name "Hori" on it.

I was/am a fool.

krae_man

My launch PS4 started in my city. They pre shipped them part of he way and Canada Post held them until launch day and then sent them out.

Wonder why that didn't happen this time.

Lizardus

Since I am Setsuna Japanese version has English language support and it is the only version with a physical release, where does everyone usually import from?

Stage On

Which is the better screen protector Biogenik or that Tempered glass one? Was going to skip out since I plan on mostly keeping it in the dock but seeing as the dock itself can scratch the system better to be safe then sorry

Shoppers drugmart has a 20x Optimum points deal today March 4th and are carrying Switch consoles. So that's like $170 worth of points. Most stores are only getting like 2 systems so good luck. Just letting you guys know.

NYR

Which is the better screen protector Biogenik or that Tempered glass one? Was going to skip out since I plan on mostly keeping it in the dock but seeing as the dock itself can scratch the system better to be safe then sorry
Tempered seems to be the way to go.

ahdurian

quick question about buying the Switch games from different Regions (ie: Japan).
So I understand I have to make another NNID account with Japan region, but then do I have to be logged into that account to play the game?

Or if I'm logged into my CDN account, it'll show both my CDN and JPN games, and allow me to play both? Is that the deal?

iphys

quick question about buying the Switch games from different Regions (ie: Japan).
So I understand I have to make another NNID account with Japan region, but then do I have to be logged into that account to play the game?

Or if I'm logged into my CDN account, it'll show both my CDN and JPN games, and allow me to play both? Is that the deal?

It will show you all your games together and then every time you launch a game or the eShop or whatever it lets you choose what user to use, so I was playing Metal Slug 3 on my Canadian user account no problem.

CRA5H

FYI, for those ordering the tempered glass ones, it will be shipping from the UK. I ordered this a couple weeks back and only yesterday did it get dispatched and will take another 10 business days to get here. So expect a 4 week wait.

CazTGG

Since we're talking tempered glass, is getting a screen protector worth it for the Switch if you'll mostly be using it as a portable device? If so, which looks like a good option?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
FYI, for those ordering the tempered glass ones, it will be shipping from the UK. I ordered this a couple weeks back and only yesterday did it get dispatched and will take another 10 business days to get here. So expect a 4 week wait.

Wow, damn. I wonder if ordering the amfilm from Amazon.com would be faster / better.

eyesradar

Since we're talking tempered glass, is getting a screen protector worth it for the Switch if you'll mostly be using it as a portable device? If so, which looks like a good option?

Just put on a sheet of official licensed Hori protector bought from toysrus.

I don't really see a difference on the display before / after so I'm very happy.

It looks like this: (both with protector applied already. Display on and off.)

EDIT: this is the cheaper one. Not the problematic premium one.

ctFGG8gl.jpg

MGfuDZvl.jpg

ahdurian

Since I am Setsuna Japanese version has English language support and it is the only version with a physical release, where does everyone usually import from?

amazon japan if possible

was on the I Am Setsuna GFaqs page and apparently some dude will buy you the Asian retail version for 47USD, which also has a English-language case.
i'm so tempted but that seems kinda shady / unreliable to me...

Lexxism

Aha. Someone finally confirms it. I knew it will work because we're basically in the same region. Thanks.

Just put on a sheet of official licensed Hori protector bought from toysrus.

I don't really see a difference on the display before / after so I'm very happy.

It looks like this: (both with protector applied already. Display on and off.)

EDIT: this is the cheaper one. Not the problematic premium one.

ctFGG8gl.jpg

MGfuDZvl.jpg

Is there no cut out at the top for the sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom