• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddaye

Banned
Debating if it's even worth checking around town for a Switch today while the gf and I are in the city (Saint John NB) grocery shopping. Based on what little information I can get about online stocks, the outlook isn't good lol. May just snag Zelda for Wii U instead.

My impulse control for consoles is horrible.

So in the end, I found a guy on Kijiji who had pre-ordered one and had a new work schedule that wouldn't allow him to play it. He sold it to me for 475$ telling me he didn't want to jack up the price. That's 15$ over tax-in price.

I live a good life.

Bought Metal Slug 3 + KOF98 + Snipperclips from JP eshop for a total of 3,400 yen. That's like $40. Region-free ftw!

I had to use a generated address from some Tenso website to order eshop money off Amazon Japan but it all worked out and I picked up KOF 98.

13randO

02EVYGRl.png

Fucking Amazon. :lol

Just in time for the season pass content!

any Xbox One controller deals around Toronto right now? my controller that i've had since launch has started to have some really bad analog drifting on the left analog

any Xbox One controller deals around Toronto right now? my controller that i've had since launch has started to have some really bad analog drifting on the left analog
Amazon has the black controller for $56 which is an alright but not amazing price, you could buy it there or price match locally.

saskuatch

I fucked up applying the screen protector, some very tiny pieces of dust are trapped. Oh well I will just leave it and switch it to a new one in a couple of months, they are hardly visible.

I thought I'd just cross post this here because I have no idea how many Canadians look at that thread, but I received a $25 Cdn Xbox Giftcard that I have no use for. If anyone is interested I'm looking for $20 in exchange.

Feel free to pm me.

iphys

I fucked up applying the screen protector, some very tiny pieces of dust are trapped. Oh well I will just leave it and switch it to a new one in a couple of months, they are hardly visible.

Just use some scotch tape to peel the protector partially off at the corner closest to the dust and then use some magic tape to dab the dust off the screen/protector.

Also, some guy did Switch drop tests and had to drop the Switch 5 feet onto concrete 11 times before it broke, and the screen never shattered while the rest of the system was falling to pieces, so I don't think people need to worry about spending a lot of dough on fancy screen protectors.

Need friends on my new Switch so I thought I would start with some Canada gaffers.

SW-3726-0539-4104

Surprised there is no dedicated thread for friend codes.

I docked and undocked like 50 times when I was playing with it and was occasionally jiggling it around when I missed the lining and still don't have a single scratch. I may get a tempered glass protector one day when reviews are in for them and they're more available but I'm still not in a rush.

not sure if mentioned earlier but don't forget to claim your gold Nintendo coins for each retail game you bought. Thought it was automatic when you inserted the game and start playing, bit it isn't.

complete this mission by registering a packaged Nintendo Switch game to your Nintendo Account.

You can do this by going to the game's Option Menu on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu after you insert your game card.

Please also note that points can only be claimed within one year of the game's original release date.

Each packaged Nintendo Switch game can only be registered once.

eyesradar

You just need to use the FC to send out the request. One-way this time. It's more like an identifier now so I guess I'll take it. At least it's better than before!

Seems ridiculous to me that Nintendo didn't include the joy con charging grip with the console instead of the one they did.

It doesn't have a battery in it just USB C input so it has to be plugged in to charge the joycons. Geez Nintendo is chasing money with this console.

zroid

Banned
Welp, I spoke to Amazon by live chat for the last 20 minutes re: Zelda and amiibo

he was nice and tried to be helpful, but at the end of the day all I got was a big itsfuckingnothing.gif

Sigh

krae_man

My EB has the collectors edition of Mirrors Edge Catalyst for $30. I'm tempted but the thing is huge.

Maybe if it's still there when I'm done my shopping.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Welp, I spoke to Amazon by live chat for the last 20 minutes re: Zelda and amiibo

he was nice and tried to be helpful, but at the end of the day all I got was a big itsfuckingnothing.gif

Sigh

I cancelled everything except for Amiibo on Amazon. I went out hunting in the wild today and over the course of 2 hours I bought;

Zelda (regular, not SE) and screen protector at Best Buy.

Carry case and Pro Controller from Game Centre.

My Prime is fairly new from December, but I get no refund if I cancel it now. I'll continue to use Amazon for things I don't care about for release day shipping (ie; Amiibo), but I'm otherwise through with them and definitely not re-subbing for Prime. It's worthless for me.

iphys

Nice. How are the Neo Geo ports? Tempted to jump on them.

I played through Metal Slug 3, having never played a Metal Slug game before, and I was mesmerized. I think I wound up using like 80 continues to make it through the game, but it was awesome and well worth the 823 yen. Played it on the big screen, and it didn't even look bad.

zroid

Banned
I cancelled everything except for Amiibo on Amazon. I went out hunting in the wild today and over the course of 2 hours I bought;

Zelda (regular, not SE) and screen protector at Best Buy.

Carry case and Pro Controller from Game Centre.

My Prime is fairly new from December, but I get no refund if I cancel it now. I'll continue to use Amazon for things I don't care about for release day shipping (ie; Amiibo), but I'm otherwise through with them and definitely not re-subbing for Prime. It's worthless for me.

I'm pretty miffed, but I'll just wait it out. That Sheikah Case is too enticing. :p

In the meantime... got a few demos to mess around with

eyesradar

Speaking of the Sheikah Slate case. This beautiful pouch is just too useful.

It has a nice build quality and jus holds everything I need.

nnPGMPpl.jpg

That's a pair of earbuds in its box, a wall plug a set of joy-con strap, an usbc cable plus the console. I can easily tuck in another set of joy-cons if I want.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I haven't even been CHARGED for my Best Buy Horizon pre-order yet, not to mention anything about shipping.

The return policy on unopened product is 14 days, right? Because... I need to get my delivered copy by then so I can return it with the in-store receipt. jesus christ best buy...

zroid

Banned
Luckily because I used Miitomo for a long time, I have a ton of friends suggestions from there and I didn't have to get their Switch friend codes

antibolo

Banned
Damn, neither of my two personal credit cards work on the Japanese eShop.

Apparently some people have managed to have their non-Japanese credit cards work there. Wish we'd knew exactly what makes them work or not.

Maximus.

I haven't even been CHARGED for my Best Buy Horizon pre-order yet, not to mention anything about shipping.

The return policy on unopened product is 14 days, right? Because... I need to get my delivered copy by then so I can return it with the in-store receipt. jesus christ best buy...

I am fairly confident the return period starts when you get the product versus the release date.

I am fairly confident the return period starts when you get the product versus the release date.

I think Smiley90 bought an in-store copy on release day so they could play Horizon without having to wait for the shipped copy, but that the shipped copy could take longer to arrive than the return window, meaning they'd be stuck with two copies of the game.

Luigi87

Caved and bought a Pro Controller
yay for employee discount

Thought I could deal with Puppy-mode Joy-cons, but I really want a D-Pad and more distinctive L/R + ZL/ZR buttons.

farisr

Caved and bought a Pro Controller
yay for employee discount

Thought I could deal with Puppy-mode Joy-cons, but I really want a D-Pad and more distinctive L/R + ZL/ZR buttons.
I actually sold someone on the Pro controller while in line yesterday with the simple mention of "there isn't a real DPAD on the controller that comes with the system), dude was "angry" at me for making him spend another $100 he hadn't planned for on launch day.

Also, don't have a switch but have the Pro controller. I was gonna buy it anyways whenever I did eventually get the switch, and had to use my double ebgames credit on something switch related, so knowing about the battery life and it working on PC, felt fine buying it. It's solid.

senj

I think Smiley90 bought an in-store copy on release day so they could play Horizon without having to wait for the shipped copy, but that the shipped copy could take longer to arrive than the return window, meaning they'd be stuck with two copies of the game.

If he wants to return the shipped copy under the in-store copy's receipt, yes.

But why not just return the shipped copy under the shipped copy's receipt when it shows up?

Luigi87

I actually sold someone on the Pro controller while in line yesterday with the simple mention of "there isn't a real DPAD on the controller that comes with the system), dude was "angry" at me for making him spend another $100 he hadn't planned for on launch day.

lol
I didn't think I would need a D-Pad until I got either a fighter or a 2D game, but just switching weapons and items in Zelda, I'm not fond of the directional face buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom