• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lol
I didn't think I would need a D-Pad until I got either a fighter or a 2D game, but just switching weapons and items in Zelda, I'm not fond of the directional face buttons.

As someone who has 100%'ed (ie; no damage, no save, speed ran) Shovel Knight, I found trying to play with the joycon grip a disaster. Now that we have a Pro Controller it's one million times better.

Sora_N

I'm kind of annoyed all the decent cases are sold out everywhere. Where can I look? Barely any retailers in Canada now.

a916

What's EB Games return policy, I bought something online (no not a Switch lol) can I return it in store? Haven't opened it... haven't gotten it either.

zroid

Banned
Unfortunately I don't have Zelda yet so I can't try it out in-game, but I like holding the JoyCons sans grip. Feels the best to not have my arms tethered to each other while playing :D

I did get a Pro Controller though, I expect to use that a lot for 2D games in particular

Luigi87

What's EB Games return policy, I bought something online (no not a Switch lol) can I return it in store? Haven't opened it... haven't gotten it either.

Yes you can.
Technically their site says "at the discretion of the store manager" but for the most part you shouldn't have a problem.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If he wants to return the shipped copy under the in-store copy's receipt, yes.

But why not just return the shipped copy under the shipped copy's receipt when it shows up?

Because my shipped copy comes with the free pre-order controller skin that I don't wanna return :p

Frimaire

God, I got an email from amazon saying "Refund on order" and I started freaking out.
Turns out it was a 3 cent refund because of a price drop since I pre-ordered...
3 cents isn't worth this kind of stress, Amazon!

ryan-ts

Unfortunately I don't have Zelda yet so I can't try it out in-game, but I like holding the JoyCons sans grip. Feels the best to not have my arms tethered to each other while playing :D

I did get a Pro Controller though, I expect to use that a lot for 2D games in particular

I've been playing Zelda without the grip. I like it the best of my options but I also don't have a pro controller. The controllers fit nicely in my hands *I have tiny baby hands*.

iphys

lol
I didn't think I would need a D-Pad until I got either a fighter or a 2D game, but just switching weapons and items in Zelda, I'm not fond of the directional face buttons.

I thought the D-pad would be the biggest reason to need the Pro controller, but honestly it's the fact you can push the B button without your thumb running into the analog stick. I was slightly annoyed that they didn't use circle pads on the Joy-Con to make them more compact, but now I'm really annoyed after realizing just how cumbersome it is having this stupid thing sticking out and getting in the way.

killroy87

I thought the D-pad would be the biggest reason to need the Pro controller, but honestly it's the fact you can push the B button without your thumb running into the analog stick. I was slightly annoyed that they didn't use circle pads on the Joy-Con to make them more compact, but now I'm really annoyed after realizing just how cumbersome it is having this stupid thing sticking out and getting in the way.

Preferring circle pads over analog sticks is, pardon my french, fucking insane.

zroid

Banned
I've been playing Zelda without the grip. I like it the best of my options but I also don't have a pro controller. The controllers fit nicely in my hands *I have tiny baby hands*.

Haha I tried putting the straps on the JoyCons to see if they were more comfortable that way, but instantly decided they made them too chunky

*baby hands bro fist*

nschizo

Damn, neither of my two personal credit cards work on the Japanese eShop.

Apparently some people have managed to have their non-Japanese credit cards work there. Wish we'd knew exactly what makes them work or not.

Try buying on amazon japan nintendo eshop cards, I did that last night with a visa card and random japaneses billing address and works!

Socreges

Banned
Quick question

Is the Hori Tough Pouch for the Switch as thin as the Nintendo case? Just about to buy the latter, if not, but I'm short on time

Huh. Didn't even know that was a thing.

antibolo

Banned

The grip is literally just a piece of plastic for added comfort, the joycons don't care if you use them physically joined together or not.

Personally I tried to play Zelda with the joycons in each hand and I didn't like it, they are too small for my hands to get a good hold of them.

Quick question

Is the Hori Tough Pouch for the Switch as thin as the Nintendo case? Just about to buy the latter, if not, but I'm short on time

No idea vs the nintendo case, but the tough pouch is tough enough i would not worry at all putting it in my backpack with books, ipad, lunch container, etc.

Socreges

Banned
No idea vs the nintendo case, but the tough pouch is tough enough i would not worry at all putting it in my backpack with books, ipad, lunch container, etc.
Honestly my hope was in the other direction. I don't need much protection. Just need some kind of case and for it to be fairly thin. I just checked out the Hori at EB Games and it's definitely thicker than the Nintendo case. So I got a cheap, ugly Biogenik sleeve that'll do fine until I can snag the official one.

The grip is literally just a piece of plastic for added comfort, the joycons don't care if you use them physically joined together or not.

Personally I tried to play Zelda with the joycons in each hand and I didn't like it, they are too small for my hands to get a good hold of them.
Yeah I just hadn't considered it. I'll give it a shot...

Lexxism

lmao. The joycon grip charger is so damn useless. I thought there's a battery on it. It is basically just a grip with usb-c on it. It should had been together with the system

iphys

So far the only game I've bought on the Canadian eShop was Fast RMX. Everything else I've bought from Japan because it's actually available there or else cheaper. Wonder how long it's going to take for Nintendo to figure out they need to do consistent releases and prices.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
lmao. The joycon grip charger is so damn useless. I thought there's a battery on it. It is basically just a grip with usb-c on it. It should had been together with the system

$40 folks.

Im gonna sit on the $500 credit I have at EB and wait till Nintendo gets its shit together, if ever.

$20? Damn, they gave me $5

It's been an ongoing problem with Canada Post, saying they attempt delivery when I'm home and not getting the notice of attempted delivery till the mail comes the next day (which proves that they didnt even come to my door) I then have to pickup my items from the nearest postal depot which defeats the whole purpose of Amazon in the first place.

I also mentioned that I received my games on Friday but the switch didn't and now my daughter is just looking at game cases instead of playing them.

CaLe

Anyone in Montreal looking to sell a Switch to a fellow Gaffer?

I also have the following to trade:

- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Xbox One Elite Controller
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
- Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii U)
- New 3DS XL console (Black) + Games (Majora's mask, SMT 4, MH Ultimate)
- Wii U console + Pro controller

Lexxism

I'm not crazy, you changed your username, right?
Yeah, I did.

- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
You are looking for a switch console? Why don't you just trade those at EB games? Or Quebec is not included on the promo?

Honestly my hope was in the other direction. I don't need much protection. Just need some kind of case and for it to be fairly thin. I just checked out the Hori at EB Games and it's definitely thicker than the Nintendo case. So I got a cheap, ugly Biogenik sleeve that'll do fine until I can snag the official one.

Yeah I just hadn't considered it. I'll give it a shot...

Understandable. I had a softer case for my 3ds, soft exterior with a pliable interior (kind of like putting cardboard between fabric. Keeps its shape, but squishes.

Went with Hori for both 3ds and Switch. Harder, bulkier, etc

- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Just trade to EB. Double trade in credit. If they dont have consoles, they can put it towards a future game(s), then move the deposit over to the system when it comes back in stock (their idea, not mine).

You've got at least $400 (probably over $500) in credit there assuming values haven't changed since Jan.

You don't get enough acknowledgment and thanks for posting all these deals.

giphy.gif

nath999

- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

You have more than enough in trade value to get one at EB games. If they dont have one in stock just preorder a bunch of Switch games coming out later and pick up when they do.

trixx

The thing about the pro controller is that I definitely agree that it's worthwhile getting and is necessary to play a lot of games. The price tag ruins this and not only that but If I were to play multiplayer games it seems like whoever gets joycons/grip is getting the gimped controller, so I feel compelled to buy two.... which for $200 heck no.

It's like back in the day when you'd give your friend that shitty mad catz controller. I might have to get the hori controller instead.

Lexxism

Thanks everyone. I thought that Eb trade-in values were always bad?
They have a promo right now. $150 for WiiU, $50 for MK8, around 50-55 for XCX and TP etc. All of these are pre-tax too. It's definitely worth it. Try trading those at your local store.

Thanks everyone. I thought that Eb trade-in values were always bad?

They have a promo right now. $150 for WiiU, $50 for MK8, around 50-55 for XCX and TP etc. All of these are pre-tax too. It's definitely worth it. Try trading those at your local store.

This. Check the EB website under the Recycled offers section. Some months you get excellent promos. People were buying watch dogs and ffxv for $50 in Nov (from WM and Amazon), then trading in Jan for the double value event for $48-$50.

IceIpor

What's the trade in rate for Zelda:BOTW, anyone know?

I have an extra Wii U copy and had an extra switch version (before the chance of special edition came up) sealed.

Was thinking of trading those in for credit.

What's the trade in rate for Zelda:BOTW, anyone know?

I have an extra Wii U copy and had an extra switch version (before the chance of special edition came up) sealed.

Was thinking of trading those in for credit.

If you're trading towards another Switch item at EB, you'll get $80 credit ($40 x 2) for BotW on Wii U.

A friend of mine did this today with the one he forgot to cancel. Doesn't even make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom