• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Lol so apparently my Amazon stuff shipped tonight by their in-house service

and the tracking says I'm going to receive it tomorrow

I'll believe it when I see it

espher

Lol so apparently my Amazon stuff shipped tonight by their in-house service

and the tracking says I'm going to receive it tomorrow

I'll believe it when I see it

My shipped tonight via Canada Post, apparently.

Due to arrive this coming Friday.

:(

eyesradar

Hmm my local EB told me the $150 wiiu trade in is Switch console only so they can't do the "games to console" trick. Games they can do no problem.

Anyone have experience returning stuff to amazon? I have a switch coming from them i don't need so i'd rather return the damn thing than deal with selling, at least if they make that shit easy on me.

Anyone have experience returning stuff to amazon? I have a switch coming from them i don't need so i'd rather return the damn thing than deal with selling, at least if they make that shit easy on me.

I'm in the same situation. I return shipped Zelda today: basically they give you a prepaid thing to print out, go drop it off at the post office (in a box or bubble mailer or whatever is convenient) with a printed RMA slip inside. Then after they get the product in whatever days you get your refund, so it seems.

I'm going to just reuse the box the switch comes in and cover up the original shipping labels.

I'm in the same situation. I return shipped Zelda today: basically they give you a prepaid thing to print out, go drop it off at the post office (in a box or bubble mailer or whatever is convenient) with a printed RMA slip inside. Then after they get the product in whatever days you get your refund, so it seems.

I'm going to just reuse the box the switch comes in and cover up the original shipping labels.
Hmm I tried to cancel it before they mailed it but they said they were unable to cancel but that I'd be able to refuse the package, maybe I'll just do that but even then I don't know how that works in regards to getting refunded.

Hmm I tried to cancel it before they mailed it but they said they were unable to cancel but that I'd be able to refuse the package, maybe I'll just do that but even then I don't know how that works in regards to getting refunded.

They told me the same thing, but I'm never around to refuse delivery when they come by (I've also never done it).

Fumpster

My Switch is (hopefully) going to show up on Monday and I've got the Hori screen protector ordered as well. Just the regular one, not the premium one.

I was wondering whether there were any distinct issues with this one before I eventually upgrade to a tempered glass one? I'm reading people freaking out about the plastic ones melting on their screens, but I wasn't sure whether that was just people being paranoid or if it had some amount of truth to it. As of now, there aren't any tempered glass ones in stock on Amazon Prime anywhere, and the Orzly one says it likely wouldn't arrive until the end of March.

Sealtest

The premium ones aren't Melting just they don't stick the screen when it's docked or heats up. So far people have been happy with the regular ones but I can't confirm if they have problems since I only have the premium one

BaconHat

The premium ones aren't Melting just they don't stick the screen when it's docked or heats up. So far people have been happy with the regular ones but I can't confirm if they have problems since I only have the premium one

It's only been a day on my part, but i have the regular version, and after 7 hours of zelda, the filter has shown no issues.

i-Jest

Not deal or Switch related but I just noticed Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 PS4 sold out at EBGAMES online. How long ago did that happen?

EDIT: Does EBGAMES online automatically cancel preorders if payments don't process?

Clive

With the switch launching can we expect the price of Wii u to go down? Looking around there more expensive then the switch..

Not on brand new consoles but maybe used ones at EB Games or Kijiji for example. The Wii U was discontinued a while back and stores are no longer resupplied. You might find one on clearance locally in the future but from my experience, they are gone. There were even rumors about stores sending them back to Nintendo IIRC.

eyesradar

Mine is the regular one. Played docked Zelda for quite a few hours yesterday and it seems okay so far.

I ordered the premium hori one, so it turns out the premium one is the crappy one? lol
Is this a widespread issue? Any hori premium screen protector can chime in?

zroid

Banned
a56e64da489b4c04ac43d557da40be22.png

delivery on a sunday?! is this actually happening?!

Lexxism

It seems like you can still easily change your provinces on switch eshop. This is like 3DS all over again. (Can't remember how it works on Wiiu)

Random question: how do I know if a pre-order game on Amazon had release-day delivery for Prime orders? I ask because a few games I've ordered since becoming Prime are late, as usual (BOTW SE and the new Story of Seasons). I don't care that much about actually getting them on time (if I did, I wouldn't have bought from Amazon!), but I feel like I'm paying for a guarantee and not getting it. But I don't want Amazon to come back and say neither game actually had the release-day guarantee, so I'd like to check beforehand.

if anyone in ottawa, is still looking for a switch. I got a grey color one, still sealed (un-used), which my brother doesn't want anymore. So, instead of returning i rather have a fellow neogaf get it. All I want is what i paid for it and that's all. So, let me know.

I want to buy a new physical version of "Dirt Rally" for PS4. Amazon says ships in 1-2 months. EB Games is out of stock. Best Buy only has a recycled version and Walmart/The Source don't carry it at all. Come on, this can't be so difficult!

sikkinixx

Watch for some guy jumping out of his van and throwing it at your door and driving away.

The first time I did same day Prime delivery some dude ripped up the road is this hunk of shit Jetta. Slams on the brakes outside my house. Gets out, rap music BLARING as the door opens, he SPRINTS to the door, chucks the box so it bumps the door and jumps back in the car and burns rubber away.

It was funny to watch.

a56e64da489b4c04ac43d557da40be22.png

delivery on a sunday?! is this actually happening?!

Watch for some guy jumping out of his van and throwing it at your door and driving away.

Must be 'hood specific. I get 2 deliveries a week, and these AMZN guys are polite, careful, and always on-time. Got a delivery at 8am last week!

Couldnt find a package one day, and the guy put in the tracking notes "left at side screen door", which was brilliant because it was raining and a bigger box.

Are you sure it's not another courier co doing the shoddy delivery for you?

Random question: how do I know if a pre-order game on Amazon had release-day delivery for Prime orders? I ask because a few games I've ordered since becoming Prime are late, as usual (BOTW SE and the new Story of Seasons). I don't care that much about actually getting them on time (if I did, I wouldn't have bought from Amazon!), but I feel like I'm paying for a guarantee and not getting it. But I don't want Amazon to come back and say neither game actually had the release-day guarantee, so I'd like to check beforehand.

Look for a "Want this on Release Day? Order with 2-day shipping at checkout" kinda message on the order page. If it doesn't have that, then it's not guaranteed.

Sadly, I've noticed Nintendo games rarely have this. Most other big releases do though. (just a theory but I think the issue is Friday releases, those seem to be missing it)

EDOT: Here's an example:

QyoUNSb.png

Look for a "Want this on Release Day? Order with 2-day shipping at checkout" kinda message on the order page. If it doesn't have that, then it's not guaranteed.

Sadly, I've noticed Nintendo games rarely have this. Most other big releases do though. (just a theory but I think the issue is Friday releases, those seem to be missing it)

EDOT: Here's an example:

QyoUNSb.png

Yeah, that's what I checked for, but once a game releases I think that message disappears. I was hoping to look it up after the fact, but it doesn't even appear on my order summary or anything. Story of Seasons showed a shipping window of March 7-9, so I think maybe it didn't have release-day. Ah well.

(Zelda SE I imagine is just a different barrel of monkeys I'd best leave closed...)

Luigi87

So got an email saying I'm EB Games Edge Gold level now.

... I guess getting a PS4 Pro in November and a Switch on Friday helped, lol
A shame I don't really buy anything else from EB <_<

zroid

Banned
So got an email saying I'm EB Games Edge Gold level now.

... I guess getting a PS4 Pro in November and a Switch on Friday helped, lol
A shame I don't really buy anything else from EB <_<
That happened to me when I traded a few things toward Switch stuff back in Jan

Probably won't make use of whatever benefits are there, but you do get a nice one-time use coupon for $5 bonus trade value on any game. I gave them my copy of OG Street Fighter IV which was worth like $0.10, so got $5.10 for it. :p

eyesradar

My AMZNCA dude usually is this awesome mid-age black dude who's always polite and patient. Once he was very specific about scanning the delivery in front of my door since I came out after he wrote "front door" on his device. "Oh son they are watchin', they watchin' us but not your parcel!" lol.

Oh and occasionally they deliver on weekends too.

Luigi87

That happened to me when I traded a few things toward Switch stuff back in Jan

Probably won't make use of whatever benefits are there, but you do get a nice one-time use coupon for $5 bonus trade value on any game. I gave them my copy of OG Street Fighter IV which was worth like $0.10, so got $5.10 for it. :p

That's actually pretty great, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom