• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

That happened to me when I traded a few things toward Switch stuff back in Jan

Probably won't make use of whatever benefits are there, but you do get a nice one-time use coupon for $5 bonus trade value on any game. I gave them my copy of OG Street Fighter IV which was worth like $0.10, so got $5.10 for it. :p
I did that with my copy of inFAMOUS 2. hahaha. The ebgames clerk had the biggest smile on his face when I did that and was like

djkpc-1_large.png

ZZMitch

What is Amazons usual policy in regards to deliveries if I am not home? My Switch is supposed to arrive tomorrow by 8pm but it looks like I will be out of the house till at least 8:30 and will most likely miss it.

veras

Not him, but you should check again tomorrow afternoon once all the people who get late deliveries return them to the store.

Good tip - but I'm part of team late delivery, my Amazon one (allegedly) comes tomorrow - was really just curious, wondering what availability is like in various places

Sealtest

I just realized I forgot to get a bottle cap code when I picked up my switch from EB Games, Does anyone know if Nintendo allows people to get a code from them like they would if a store ran out of Pokemon codes in the past?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the shipping notification for my London Drugs order I placed for delivery on Thursday.

--

They're also showing inventory on their website again for those who happen to still be looking for one:

Gray standalone: LINK

Gray + Zelda bundle: LINK

This may be nuts to ask considering my troubles with Amazon, but what's the general consensus on Prime these days? Like, I know they give 20% off for pre-orders and new releases but would that stack with their E3 promotions? Do Prime members ever get hardware discounts on consoles and TVs and the like?

farisr

This may be nuts to ask considering my troubles with Amazon, but what's the general consensus on Prime these days? Like, I know they give 20% off for pre-orders and new releases but would that stack with their E3 promotions? Do Prime members ever get hardware discounts on consoles and TVs and the like?
No stacking, and no discounts on hardware. Sometimes there's a very rare "prime only" deal, but I haven't seen them be all that special.

The reason why I can personally justify having a prime subscription is because of the twitch prime and the free subscription that comes with it (which is basically $60 a year I would've spent anyways).

I don't buy enough games day 1 (that I haven't preordered via an E3 deal already) where the 20% discount by itself would make the sub worth it to me. The same day or next day delivery is a nice perk, but not what I got it for.

However, I (unlike so many others here) am liking the trend of games being a day or two late leading to me getting a $5 credit for each of them. (I rarely actually play games on the day they arrive anyways)

This is a loooooong shot, but does anyone in vancouver know of a place I can get a Switch? My partner decided he wants one.

Probably not what you're looking for, but mine is due to arrive on Thursday... was going to return it to Amazon, could sell it at cost if you really wanted it (it's neon).

Also depends on how much your time and gas is worth.

Plus all the time and aggravation saved not having to go out.

Costco + Amazon Prime is the GOAT combo. I only wish Petsmart delivered too.

killroy87

Probably not what you're looking for, but mine is due to arrive on Thursday... was going to return it to Amazon, could sell it at cost if you really wanted it (it's neon).

Can I PM you by the end of the day? I'll ask him!

Thanks so much for the offer. I'll be sure to message you whether or not he chooses to accept

Also depends on how much your time and gas is worth.

Plus all the time and aggravation saved not having to go out.

Costco + Amazon Prime is the GOAT combo. I only wish Petsmart delivered too.

One of the reasons I'm considering Prime is because I'm not sure I want to re-up with Costco. Could use the money elsewhere.

Sora_N

This is a loooooong shot, but does anyone in vancouver know of a place I can get a Switch? My partner decided he wants one.

I have a neon one I was going to return.

EDIT: Tried to buy Snipperclips on JP store but CC didn't work. Any other way to buy stuff?

Cynar

Managed to snag a Switch and Zelda yesterday at shoppers drug Mart. Life's good. Anyone see any decent screen protectors in store? I ordered a tempered glass one from Amazon but it won't arrive until April. 😞

Managed to snag a Switch and Zelda yesterday at shoppers drug Mart. Life's good. Anyone see any decent screen protectors in store? I ordered a tempered glass one from Amazon but it won't arrive until April. ��

Why don't you just get the cheapest option (EB has one for $10 I think). You are going to replace it with the tempered glass one anyway.

eyesradar

Managed to snag a Switch and Zelda yesterday at shoppers drug Mart. Life's good. Anyone see any decent screen protectors in store? I ordered a tempered glass one from Amazon but it won't arrive until April. 😞

My neighborhood toysrus has plenty of the regular Hori screen protectors for ~$12.

Xbudz

I have a neon one I was going to return.

EDIT: Tried to buy Snipperclips on JP store but CC didn't work. Any other way to buy stuff?

Buy eShop currency from Amazon.jp.
You'll need a new Amazon account if you dont already have a Japanese one.
You'll need to enter a Japanese address- I used a random hotel.
They email you the code, then put it into your Japanese Switch eShop.

Used that method to get Blaster Master and Metal Slug 3 :)

Qwyjibo

Well, I couldn't resist the drop in price on the GTX 1080 and bought one from NCIX. It didn't help that I still had the "free" $40 gift card from signing up for their app. That's how they got me, those bastard.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

Currently we are not having this item "Nintendo Switch Console - Grey Joy-Con Edition" in our inventory, we can't predict exactly how long it'll take us to receive this item or when we'll be able to ship it.

Also we can't able to escalate this issue further, Once the item is back in stock, we'll ship and deliver this item, please understand our situation in this regard.

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Shyaam R.

lol from it's ready to go on the truck, to it'll be delivered on friday, it will be delivered on wensday...to they don't have anymore in stock, when I pre ordered right when it went up.

Fuck amazon.ca

Line ups for life for me when it comes to console launches.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well, I couldn't resist the drop in price on the GTX 1080 and bought one from NCIX. It didn't help that I still had the "free" $40 gift card from signing up for their app. That's how they got me, those bastard.
How much was the drop?

Sora_N

Buy eShop currency from Amazon.jp.
You'll need a new Amazon account if you dont already have a Japanese one.
You'll need to enter a Japanese address- I used a random hotel.
They email you the code, then put it into your Japanese Switch eShop.

Used that method to get Blaster Master and Metal Slug 3 :)

Thanks!

Vamphuntr

That's relevant to my interests. Is the free 40$ still available?

Qwyjibo

How much was the drop?
http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ftw-e4-131923.htm

Down to $679 (including $30 MIR). That's lower than I thought we Canadians would get. Now I just hope this stuff about EVGA cards and their overheating problems has truly been fixed.

That's relevant to my interests. Is the free 40$ still available?
I'm pretty sure it was limited time only. It was a couple months ago. You would get enough of their rewards points for signing up to buy $40 worth of gift cards.

Frimaire

Ugh, according to the Canda post tracking the last update was electronic infromation submitted on the 2nd.
So I guess They won't even receive it from amazon until monday, and I won't get it until like 4 days after that...
At this rate I'll have my best buy switch for several days with no games to play...

None of the shoppers, bestbuys, ebgames, walmarts, or thesource inside Jane/Saint Clair W/Lansdowne/Bloor have any stock of anything, fyi.

lol from it's ready to go on the truck, to it'll be delivered on friday, it will be delivered on wensday...to they don't have anymore in stock, when I pre ordered right when it went up.

Fuck amazon.ca

Wow, and they still hope to see your business again soon

zeitgeist

None of the shoppers, bestbuys, ebgames, walmarts, or thesource inside Jane/Saint Clair W/Lansdowne/Bloor have any stock of anything, fyi.

Total bummer. Wish I pre-ordered a Pro Controller when I had the chance. I figured at 90 bucks no one would get them but I can't find an EB games or Best Buy in GTA that has any stock.

NYR

Nice to see the same Kijiji ads still up since Friday, no one paying mark up on this. Good. Fucking scaplers.

zroid

Banned
Got my Sunday delivery :lol

Holy crap the Zelda SE box is freaking beautiful

they did, unfortunately, crease the box of one of the amiibo I ordered. Oh well...

The Sheikah Slate case is SOLID. Wow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EB giving 40 for Zelda is kind of robbery, but I guess that's a way to get rid of Futureshop copies if you are interested in Switch stuff.

Strangely they don't have Splatoon 2 in their system yet.

Fuck amazon.ca

Fuck, my Amazon pre-order is supposed to ship Monday, did they ship my Switch that I pre-ordered as soon as preorders went up to somebody else and ran out of Switches? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom