• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Any Canadian options for tempered glass screen protectors for the Switch? I see Orzly ones on Amazon.ca, but it looks like they'd take a month to arrive.
Yeah, I looked into it, no options. Put in my order. Going to use the Lower end Hori screen protector until the tempered glass comes in.

zroid

Banned
Out of curiosity could someone with the standard retail version of Zelda post the barcode on the back? Or if possible a photo of the back cover?

Just trying to figure out whether it's identical to the one which came with the SE.

iLLmAtlc

Telus Optik TV old HBO shows free on demand

Just noticed that the first seasons of Game of Thrones, Ballers, Silicon Valley, Girls, and Veep are on free on demand.

Also first 2 episodes of Night Of and Westworld.

First of a few newer shows I dunno.

Channel 108 in vancouver

killroy87

Out of curiosity could someone with the standard retail version of Zelda post the barcode on the back? Or if possible a photo of the back cover?

Just trying to figure out whether it's identical to the one which came with the SE.

I own both. Different barcode, different back cover.

tiijj

Scan from the cover project.

HRiNf2F.jpg

IceIpor

Yeah, I looked into it, no options. Put in my order. Going to use the Lower end Hori screen protector until the tempered glass comes in.

Did the exact same. Don't think anyone is stocking the glass ones up here yet.

Any Canadian options for tempered glass screen protectors for the Switch? I see Orzly ones on Amazon.ca, but it looks like they'd take a month to arrive.
Do what I didn't do. Order it from US Amazon. It's cheaper, free shipping, no tax and will arrive faster. Unfortunately for me, my Canadian order already shipped and will take a month or so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

tiijj

yeah that's completely different eh

here's the SE cover BTW for those wondering

They removed a lot of the stuff like the esrb ratings and product info at the back which makes it look better imo. Since all those stuff's on the big box.

---------------------------

Also the tempered glass is difficult to find here as well as some of the cases such as RDS ones, you can't even pre-order it. I pre-ordered my hori slim case and a glass screen protector from amazon jp which should arrive on monday, the same day that my amazon switch will arrive.

Frimaire

Does anybody know if you can return games to Amazon without any real reason besides "it took too long to get here"?
If my Switch gets here several days before my copy of BotW, I may just look around town and try to find a place that has a copy, then return the Amazon one.
Also, can you return just one part of an order? My copy is being shipped with Nier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anybody know if you can return games to Amazon without any real reason besides "it took too long to get here"?
If my Switch gets here several days before my copy of BotW, I may just look around town and try to find a place that has a copy, then return the Amazon one.
Also, can you return just one part of an order? My copy is being shipped with Nier.
If you talk to a CSR and come up with some random but reasonable explanation, they usually do a free label for you.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N9RG3XS/

It says in stock?

Ah, it's shipped by the company itself.

No_Style

Do what I didn't do. Order it from US Amazon. It's cheaper, free shipping, no tax and will arrive faster. Unfortunately for me, my Canadian order already shipped and will take a month or so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Was considering the glass protector but I just double checked my dock and it has such a huge gap between the tablet and the plastic. I would have to go out of my way to scrape it along the edge to touch it. I might put felt tape instead just in case.

NYR

Was considering the glass protector but I just double checked my dock and it has such a huge gap between the tablet and the plastic. I would have to go out of my way to scrape it along the edge to touch it. I might put felt tape instead just in case.
It isn't the plastic dock that scratches it, it is the rubber stopper.

Sealtest

And with a miracle Amazon has finally shipped my Zelda SE.

So amazon US cancelled my Master edition and Amazon Canada made sure I couldn't get it until next week.

Awesome prime membership perks.

No_Style

I see. Still a gap between the tablet's screen and the stopper on mine though. I can completely avoid touching the screen with any surface if I tilt the Switch back a bit while removing or inserting it.

NYR

Yep. But they practically hand out shipping labels. I assume even more so if you're Prime.

If I don't come up with a fake reason, though, I can still return it, I just have to pay for the shipping?
It isn't a sure thing anymore. My last order I returned was short changed for shipping. They don't do free returns anymore. I even got a csr to give me a "free" label but they still charged me 5.99 to return it.

I was told by a friend that if you select "Performance or Quality not adequate" you can get a free shipping label, but don't quote me not that, some one has to try to see if it is free.

No_Style

It isn't a sure thing anymore. My last order I returned was short changed for shipping. They don't do free returns anymore. I even got a csr to give me a "free" label but they still charged me 5.99 to return it.

I was told by a friend that if you select "Performance or Quality not adequate" you can get a free shipping label, but don't quote me not that, some one has to try to see if it is free.

It's true. You can use their automated reason selector to find a free shipping label option and quality is one of the reasons that will yield a free label.

Frimaire

Why don't you just return the copy you get from Amazon to the store you buy it from? Would be a lot easier.

Well, I'm not really sure of the return policies of any of the places I might buy it from.
I live in a small town, so the only places I can think of that might carry it are a local general electronics store or a video rental place.
Of course, I'm kinda getting ahead of myself, if I haven't received my copy yet, it's possible they haven't either...

CazTGG

Got this to (partially) charge the power bank I got for the Nintendo Switch when not in use at home:
I know winter's not the best time, especially given the cloudier weather for the past few days, but I imagine it'll pair well with the Aukey 30K.

zroid

Banned
Well, I'm not really sure of the return policies of any of the places I might buy it from.
I live in a small town, so the only places I can think of that might carry it are a local general electronics store or a video rental place.
Of course, I'm kinda getting ahead of myself, if I haven't received my copy yet, it's possible they haven't either...

Ah, gotcha. I probably wouldn't do it either at an independent shop.

I've been watching this thread since release and I must say I'm pretty skeptical about how much damage is claiming to be done from the dock.

I'm definitely erring on the side of caution when sliding it in and out, but I think it's a bit too soon for the all panic in that thread (the homemade docks, people not opening their Switches...). I'll be careful and I honestly think I'll be fine. I'd be really interested in looking at that thread in a week to see how many people are scratching their screens from the dock.

Spending $15 on a tempered glass screen protector doesn't sound too bad at all though; it's certainly worth the piece of mind and will surely help protect the screen from a lot of things.

zroid

Banned
I've been watching this thread since release and I must say I'm pretty skeptical about how much damage is claiming to be done from the dock.

I'm definitely erring on the side of caution when sliding it in and out, but I think it's a bit too soon for the all panic in that thread (the homemade docks, people not opening their Switches...). I'll be careful and I honestly think I'll be fine. I'd be really interested in looking at that thread in a week to see how many people are scratching their screens from the dock.

Spending $15 on a tempered glass screen protector doesn't sound too bad at all though; it's certainly worth the piece of mind and will surely help protect the screen from a lot of things.

My assumption is the scratching is happening because there was some debris on the screen when you slide it in and the pressure applied by the rubber on the debris causes the scratch

if you just make sure the screen is clean before sliding it into the dock, there shouldn't be any problem

Davide

Anyone know how long the Amazon Prime 20% discount stays for games already released? I'm playing Zelda so I don't need to have Horizon yet but it probably won't come much below $64 in the next couple of months.

Anyone know how long the Amazon Prime 20% discount stays for games already released? I'm playing Zelda so I don't need to have Horizon yet but it probably won't come much below $64 in the next couple of months.

2 Weeks after release, so March 13th is your last discount day.

Palehorse

So my CE from Amazon that was listed as arriving on Friday didn't get here. Of course.

I decided to pick up a regular copy from EB when I got my switch. The $40 trade in and the double credit towards switch stuff means it's a wash and I'll just buy more cons or preorder Mario.

Super happy with the game.

I think some people are actually making it worse with what some people in that thread are doing.

Like putting more pressure in the screen probably isn't the smartest idea.

Tapejara

Was able to buy Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on the Mexican eShop for $15 CDN

Haven't played this yet, hope its good

You're in for a treat. I don't even have nostalgia for NES-era platformers and I still loved Shovel Knight. It's a really well made game.

Sora_N

Is the Orzly screen protector for the Switch the best there is?

I dunno, on Friday I bought the $13 Hori one first. I applied it kind of crappy (3 air bubbles) but it's fine for now. I'll install the tempered glass in a couple months I think.

The Hori one is great quality anyway.

I dunno, on Friday I bought the $13 Hori one first. I applied it kind of crappy (3 air bubbles) but it's fine for now. I'll install the tempered glass in a couple months I think.

The Hori one is great quality anyway.

Sora the air bubbles may eventually disappear. Both on my 3ds and switch i had one small bubble on the top left (coincidence?). Both went away.

Kyolux

So I wonder why I was charged for Zelda U on Thursday, yet my copy was never shipped.

So for those that received their Switch, how do you like it? I've been a bit disconnected, playing Zelda (digital version) and spending some time out of town over the week-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom