• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder why I was charged for Zelda U on Thursday, yet my copy was never shipped.

So for those that received their Switch, how do you like it? I've been a bit disconnected, playing Zelda (digital version) and spending some time out of town over the week-end.

Wasn't looking forward to it after the U. Only bought it because of the EB trade in deal. Not a Zelda fan, nor Mario Kart (played out, been playing kart since the snes).

After 8 hours of playtime...I am very impressed .

-Zelda doesn't feel like Zelda. Which is good for me, I never found them intuitive. BOTW is something totally different. Like the first time diving into Mario 64, Super Metroid, and MGS1. Technical limitations don't matter because the quality of gameplay is so strong.

-Fast RMX reminds me of another all time fav, Wipeout XL. And was only $25.

-The widescreen and light weight is a portable dream.
I wish Sony supported the Vita more effectively, re memory card prices and first party quality

I don't mind the lack of games until Sept, as PS4 is so sweet right now, the backlog is crazy.

Switch is a good second system, and wonderful portable.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Switch carry cases and screen protectors are gone everywhere in canada.. The orzly tempered glass one is like available from march 27 to april 18... wth

Socreges

Banned
Wasn't looking forward to it after the U. Only bought it because of the EB trade in deal. Not a Zelda fan, nor Mario Kart (played out, been playing kart since the snes).

-Zelda doesn't feel like Zelda. Which is good for me, I never found them intuitive. BOTW is something totally different. Like the first time diving into Mario 64, Super Metroid, and MGS1. Technical limitations don't matter because the quality of gameplay is so strong.

I wish Sony supported the Vita more effectively, re memory card prices and first party quality

I don't mind the lack of games until Sept, as PS4 is so sweet right now, the backlog is crazy.

I know what you're saying...but not for me. Still feels 100% like Zelda. Same charm, same setting, same mechanics (jump button tho), same intelligent design. Only now...it's tough! It's non-linear (like Zelda I)! It's not half-finished! Every layer of the game feels so much more fleshed out and greater in scope, as if they had a much bigger budget.

(Sorry for the derail, guys)

chrono01

Switch carry cases and screen protectors are gone everywhere in canada.. The orzly tempered glass one is like available from march 27 to april 18... wth
Yeah, it's frustrating. My Switch arrived yesterday but I haven't opened it since:

1) I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to keep it or send it back due to all of the issues some people are having in-regards to the dock/left joy-con.

2) I don't have a screen protector to place on the screen immediately, which means I'd have to avoid using the dock until I do (or fashion so sort of protection against the inside). Even doing this, applying a screen protector to a screen already used is a nightmare, which is why I always apply them as soon as they come out of the box.

I know I could try importing the HORI screen protector from someone else, but then I'd have to wait who knows how long to receive it. Ideally, it'd be nice if Amazon received more stock of the standard screen protector in the next few days, but given how many are clamoring for them (due to the dock issues), and the fact that I had to cancel/re-order my earlier pre-order (I had the premium edition pre-ordered which, apparently, is defective), I'm not expecting to receive it anytime soon. :(

Luigi87

It's the estimated date. Dunno what type of shipping speed they use (they are a marketplace seller after all), but they do claim that they ship In Stock items out 1-2 days after ordered, so I imagine mine should ship tomorrow, just dunno when it'll arrive.

Luigi87

My Orzly protector shipped. Time to see how long it takes to arrive.

Edit: Shipped via Royal Mail, so definitely coming from the UK. Makes sense as that is where Orzly is located.

So Fri I go to TRU they have every BotW amiibo, meanwhile Shitazon is telling me my pre-orders won't ship until Monday, arrive Friday... so I buy from TRU go home to cancel, nope Amazon claims it's being shipped and can't cancel, Sunday night I get the shipping notice, label created, BC will arrive Friday.

Seriously fuck amazon for anything gaming related, they are such scamming shitheads.

Now I gotta ship them back whenever the actually arrive grrrrrr

Picollus

Neo Member
I don't know if it is the CAUSE or the EFFECT of Horizon backorder delay, but Amazon.ca just postpone the shipment of Horizon to combine+ship it with "Ghost Recon WildLand" march 7.

I ordered it during 2015 E3 30% and was supposed to be shipped march 3td (It didn't)

No delivery estimate on Amazon for Atelier Firis yet, almost certainly gonna have to cancel and buy it off PSN. CS was uncharacteristically tepid too, saying it might not ship tomorrow and that they didn't know when it would release.

At least NieR is coming today!!

terrible

Banned
yeah that's completely different eh

here's the SE cover BTW for those wondering

MIKLmuyh.jpg

I prefer the clean artwork on the SE version. I guess they figured the game info being on the back of the huge SE box was enough.

imBask

Banned
The Switch I ordered from the "restocking March 11" batch on Amazon is out for delivery, proving once again that I might be the Amazon chosen one

How about that Zelda guide from Amazon? I saw a ton of regular and CEs at EB and Amazon seems to have us waiting until July.

I also bought 1000 yen from Amazon Japan and haven't been charged. No posting whatsoever.

No delivery estimate on Amazon for Atelier Firis yet, almost certainly gonna have to cancel and buy it off PSN. CS was uncharacteristically tepid too, saying it might not ship tomorrow and that they didn't know when it would release.

At least NieR is coming today!!

I need to look up when my copy of Sophie arrived, but generally Amazon is really, really, really, really, really bad at shipping Atelier games anywhere near on time. I think my copy of Atelier Rorona Plus arrived more than two weeks late, long enough that I'd asked for (and was granted) a replacement copy in case the original got lost in the mail. (It hadn't.) I cancelled both Meruru and Ayesha (and possibly Escha & Logy, don't recall) because I ended up buying them in brick-and-mortar stores before Amazon could get their shit together.

For once, I would've actually been fine for Firis to come late (I actually forgot it was releasing tomorrow!) but it turns out Steam is cheaper even after the Prime discount for the physical PS4, so PC it is. I'll miss getting the Platinum trophy, though.

Sora_N

It took me 10 hours to get used to things and start liking it.

Too bad I don't have a case or else I'd take my system out.

Let's say my bb botw zelda is arriving today and my much cheaper Amazon version tomorrow. Do they have identical packaging and up a if I wanted to play today and give bb the Amazon version or is it best just to sell the Amazon copy to recoup some of the difference.

AB-Gaf update. Canada Post says that the package is out for delivery, and it was expected for Tuesday, so at least it looks like it's a day early!

Luigi87

Amazon charged me for NieR Automata. Should arrive tomorrow.

... but between Zelda and FFXIV, I dunno where I'll find the time o_o

Mass Effect Andromeda is also out in two weeks

I guess I'm gonna return my old FS Zelda pre-order to BB and just get the Switch version later in the summer with the Switch. With Mass Effect and Nier this month I actually don't have time for any other open world games.

Stat!

I have a second (and sealed) copy of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Is $70 a fair price to kijiji it?

In Toronto (near Fairview Mall)

You could say, that with all of those games....

... there's not NieR-ly enough time to play them all

**Slips on sunglasses. Cue The Who theme music**

RiskyGambit

Neo Member

You're lucky, still no movement on my side here and they're expecting it to arrive next week.

After how poorly the Switch was handled (and after them still not shipping any of my accessories), I'm getting really tired of being an Amazon apologist.

So the extra Grey Switch preorder that I forgot to cancel is arriving today. If anyone is nearby Guelph and still wants a Switch I'll gladly sell you mine for cost. PM me and as long as you're willing to meet me in Guelph it's yours.

Figured someone might want it rather than me returning it.

I PM'd you. A friend of mine is looking for a Switch.

teeg

Let's say my bb botw zelda is arriving today and my much cheaper Amazon version tomorrow. Do they have identical packaging and up a if I wanted to play today and give bb the Amazon version or is it best just to sell the Amazon copy to recoup some of the difference.

Yes they are identical.

My Switch from Best Buy came at 10am this morning.Pretty much best case scenario next to getting it launch day. But my Zelda and Bomberman from Amazon are still "out for delivery". Oh well. It gave me time to set up and charge the system and download and try the Snipperclips demo (which was super cute and fun, but $28.19 Canadian is a bleh price)

UberTag

Not sure if this is just something that's happening to me but Amazon appears to be consciously screwing me out of shipping charges for orders that were previously set up as FREE shipping. It's happened on my past 3 game shipments (Horizon, Nier: Automata and Zelda Wii U).

Additionally, free shipping seems to be removed as an option for some of these orders where unshipped titles remain.

Just a head up to review your recent purchases in case they're trying to gouge you out of additional shipping costs with this nickel and dime bullshit.

Megasoum

Banned
Any good cheap case recommendation for the Switch?

I don't care about a screen protector. I just need something to prevent the console to get beat up in my backpack.

Lexxism

Any good cheap case recommendation for the Switch?

I don't care about a screen protector. I just need something to prevent the console to get beat up in my backpack.
Biogenik travel case (14.99) or hori tough pouch (22.99). The biogenik is only available at EB.

Was in Toys R Us this morning by Victoria Park and Lawrence and noticed they had multiple copies of Nintendo Switch's in stock for those whom are still looking...

JDH

AB-Gaf update. Canada Post says that the package is out for delivery, and it was expected for Tuesday, so at least it looks like it's a day early!

Mine is out for delivery as well! via Best Buy/Canada Post

AB Gaffer here - Me too! Although it's being delivered to my workplace, and I am not there until tomorrow.
I took today off originally to play Switch all weekend + Monday.
Ugh.

How about that Zelda guide from Amazon? I saw a ton of regular and CEs at EB and Amazon seems to have us waiting until July.

I also bought 1000 yen from Amazon Japan and haven't been charged. No posting whatsoever.

Ordered guide Wed nite, received Friday at 10am. When did you order?

antibolo

Banned
Going to go to the mall after work today, I sure hope I can find a case. I wanted the Nintendo one but now I'm desperate, any will do. I can't wait to start using my Switch on my daily commute, but I don't dare to just put it loose in my backpack. I hope either BB or EB will have something, anything...

iiicon

Going to go to the mall after work today, I sure hope I can find a case. I wanted the Nintendo one but now I'm desperate, any will do. I can't wait to start using my Switch on my daily commute, but I don't dare to just put it loose in my backpack. I hope either BB or EB will have something, anything...

I was able to find a Hori Tough Pouch at Toys R Us this weekend.

iiicon

How was it? Is it good?

It's sturdy and durable. There's a pouch inside that fits five carts and the Joycon straps which I appreciate, because I know my kids (or me!) will lose them. I haven't taken it outside yet but it's a good resting place for my Switch and when the straps are inside it's a nice, snug fit. Not bad for $23.

NYR

Calgary GAF checking in.

Just got my Nintendo Switch delivered from Best Buy.

I actually beat the mailman to the mailbox, he scanned the box 20 min early lol. Saw him coming down the street as I was walking away from checking the mailbox which was initially empty.

All things considered, I was supposed to get it on Wednesday and got it now, so not bad, but I won't be pre ordering online again, in store only for me.

Calgary GAF checking in.

Just got my Nintendo Switch delivered from Best Buy.

I actually beat the mailman to the mailbox, he scanned the box 20 min early lol. Saw him coming down the street as I was walking away from checking the mailbox which was initially empty.

All things considered, I was supposed to get it on Wednesday and got it now, so not bad, but I won't be pre ordering online again, in store only for me.

Saw on Canada Post that my Swtich has apparently been delivered, so I went down to my mailbox...

itsfuckingnothing.gif :( Guess I'll check back in an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom