• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4 in Japanese and it's quite hard to navigate. I'm double dipping with the English version when it comes out

Moltenix

uhhh.....

OASnr9J.png

I'm in Saskatoon...

Don't take that too seriously. I had shipped some Christmas gifts for my nephew in Calgary, and it was saying out for delivery in Montreal. I called customer service, and they assured me it was going to Calgary, and sure enough, delivered later that day. I think sometimes the carriers have incorrect info.

Yeah, i'm in Calgary. Bought SMT4A during the holidays from Amazon and the tracking said it was out for delivery and then delivered... in Montreal. Got home and it was actually delivered here in Calgary despite what the tracking said.

Take tracking status' with a grain of salt - they can't be trusted!

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4 in Japanese and it's quite hard to navigate. I'm double dipping with the English version when it comes out

Me too, totally agree. Plus getting destroyed by online players.

Deal:
-iTunes cards 20% off at costco ($80 for $100)

Looking for switch cases and screen protectors? Check your local TRU, and EB should have some in the backroom (the pouches are so thick they can only keep a handful on the shelf).

Screen protectors may be in a pile at the register. I had to ask specifically for the Hori regular one.

This is me as well. Also, I thought there was a quest mode in Puyo Puyo Tetris. If it was just menus that would be one thing, but reading quest text from a guide is not my idea of a good time, especially since it's being properly localized.

antibolo

Banned

Yeah it is. Lots of hiragana text, which is fine for young Japanese children, but a pain for any non-native person.

Unlike, say, a Project Diva game, where a lot of text is English words in katakana, and some commonly used kanji.

Gitaroo

Did anyone in Alberta get their Switch from Best Buy today and used Free Shipping?

Mine says items processed at 1am but not out for delivery and no update since then. I just received my zelda wiiu from a different package so guess I wont get the switch today... Unless expedited and normal package are handled by two different truck. Someone from Calgary got it this morning I think

Anyone interested in a Joy-Con Charge grip? I'll part for it for $30 for a Gaffer. I work downtown Toronto but live about an hour west in the Hamilton area.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Switch consoles
(if they have one!)

senj

Did anyone in Alberta get their Switch from Best Buy today and used Free Shipping?

I got my shipping notification Friday, it got to town Sunday night according to the tracking, and is currently out for delivery with Canada Post. So qualified yes, currently.

Although I think my copy of BotW, which also shipped Friday, might still be in Richmond, since the tracking hasn't updated since Friday's "Item processed"

FN-2187

Semi-Deal

Someone may have already posted this, but most notable Wii U games have a discount on Best Buy right now. Not huge cuts, but at least $5-$10 off, including all the Nintendo Selects games.

I'm in BC and the fucker still hasn't even gotten into town and I'm 3 hours from the richmond sorting center, what nonsense is this? Also this BB package is still likely to arrive faster than the goddamn "overnight" shipping amazon did with fedex ground.

Correction it got into town but not my home an hour ago.

ovii

Yeah I got mine today. I'm currently in Edmonton.

I'll post this again. If anyone wants a switch in Edmonton, I'll sell you my Neon Switch for at-cost. I decided to wait till there are more than just Zelda to play.

Ac30

Does anyone happen to know if there's a switch demo unit display somewhere in Vancouver? I'd like to try it before I buy it and unsurprisingly my local EB is picked clean

Sealtest

Bit of a long shot but did anyone import the Vita Cyber sleuth Asian version? I'm currently looking for one for my Digimon collection and would love to buy it from a Canadian to avoid a ton of fees.

the3ye

Does anyone happen to know if there's a switch demo unit display somewhere in Vancouver? I'd like to try it before I buy it and unsurprisingly my local EB is picked clean
Nintendo Kiosk at Metro has weekend events with demo units /not sure about week days though/
Dates and times:

March 3: 4-9pm
March 4, 5, 11 and 12: 12 – 6pm
March 13 – 17: 1-7pm
Extra dates for the Metrotown at Metropolis location: March 20 – 24: 1-7pm
http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/visit-the-nintendo-kiosks

Lizardus

yeah, I got my Grey one from BB through Canada Post. Waiting on the Neon one from Amazon who stupidly chose FedEx to deliver it. Interestingly enough, the Pro controller from Amazon also arrived today through Canada Post.

Anyone know the return policy if I want to return the grey Switch to Bestbuy? opened vs unopened.

STILL waiting for Zelda SE from Amazon through UPS. Suppsoed to arrive today but its kinda late.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is back in stock on the Nintendo Store website for $56 CDN. After tax and shipping it comes to around $71 CDN.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...lse&productId=prod840477&categoryId=cat550211

Thanks, ordered.

Did ANYONE get their BotW CE guide from Amazon? Showing Arriving 3 Apr - 18 Jul for me and I ordered when it went up.

ZZMitch

Switch arrived! Unfortunately I was not home so it got sent to the nearest post office and I will have to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. But at least it is here haha.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition is back in stock on the Nintendo Store website for $56 CDN. After tax and shipping it comes to around $71 CDN.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/p...lse&productId=prod840477&categoryId=cat550211

Fuuuuck man, that's a good deal.

I didn't know Nintendo sold games on their website. Hmmm, maybe I should jump on NES Remix Pack; it seems to be out of stock almost everywhere else and it's one of the last Wii U games I'd like. I went to the EB Games at Square One when I was there the other week, since I remembered them having a copy last time I went, but someone beat me to it.

tiijj

Was there a problem with the hard cover? I canceled mine before it shipped since I had the CE pre-ordered on amazon.com then I remembered that the CE wasn't gonna ship until mar 31. Im thinking of picking up the paperback

Yaranaika

"Item rescheduled for delivery next business day."
Fucking thanks Canada Post.

Switch arrived! Unfortunately I was not home so it got sent to the nearest post office and I will have to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. But at least it is here haha.
Don't wait. Go get it today. I always go early and they have it the same day by 3pm.

ahdurian

Anyone interested in a Joy-Con Charge grip? I'll part for it for $30 for a Gaffer. I work downtown Toronto but live about an hour west in the Hamilton area.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Switch consoles
(if they have one!)

If only I saw this before th weekend when I ordered one <_<

also, does anyone know if there's a case that has some kind of loop/hatch/whatever to hold the switch more in place while in the case? or something that lets you keep it in the case properly while playing mobile?
tried using the official one over the weekend and not really digging it

ZZMitch

"Item rescheduled for delivery next business day."
Fucking thanks Canada Post.

Don't wait. Go get it today. I always go early and they have it the same day by 3pm.

Are you sure? The thing they left on my door said to come after 1pm tomorrow. Maybe I will go check now haha

Call/go in the evening. Whenever I got those cards, it was usually at the post office at 7pm (assuming it's open that late)

tiijj

If only I saw this before th weekend when I ordered one <_<

also, does anyone know if there's a case that has some kind of loop/hatch/whatever to hold the switch more in place while in the case? or something that lets you keep it in the case properly while playing mobile?
tried using the official one over the weekend and not really digging it

I think biogenik from ebgames has one of those, but wouldn't it block the vent on top if you play it while in the case?

Are you sure? The thing they left on my door said to come after 1pm tomorrow. Maybe I will go check now haha

From my experience, they usually they have the stuff available on the post office after 6pm. Thankfully they put it in the community mailbox for me.

ahdurian

I think biogenik from ebgames has one of those, but wouldn't it block the vent on top if you play it while in the case?

thanks. maybe i'll stop by EB and see what it looks in person. im more worried about it moving around in the case. i can always take it out when im playing on the subway or something in worst case, but yeah

hopefully they do something similar to the Nyko grips/chargers too, but with some kind of cover

tiijj

Price just dropped further to $45!

EDIT: Umm, weird, they dropped it to $45 USD..in the Canadian store?

You probably ventured to the US site, it's pretty much the same. You can only check if you're on the canadian one (canadian prices) on the top right where the flag is.

When I was looking at the nintendo store a few months back for the 3ds plates, I was happy with the prices but I soon realized that it was american $

leeman

You probably ventured to the US site, it's pretty much the same. You can only check if you're on the canadian one (canadian prices) on the top right where the flag is.

When I was looking at the nintendo store a few months back for the 3ds plates, I was happy with the prices but I soon realized that it was american $

Ah, think you are right :p. My bad, still a great deal though :).

ZZMitch

Good call guys! Walked over there and they had them. First time ordering something since I moved to Canada and was a success. Won't have time to open it now since I have an intramural basketball game starting in a half hour but excited to get going when I get home after!

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
Was the artbook in Xeneblade X actually decent? It's the only thing that I'm considering picking the SE up for, but was not worth 100 bucks extra when the game released after the Amazon kerfuffle.

iphys

Did anyone end up getting the Hori Switch wired controller to be able to say whether it's any good? I don't see it listed on EB now.

Renewed

Oh yeah I forgot about that artbook. It seems ok? I didn't go for it since I bought the normal edition for $15 through amazon that time, then imported the Secret Files artbook.

Was the artbook in Xeneblade X actually decent? It's the only thing that I'm considering picking the SE up for, but was not worth 100 bucks extra when the game released after the Amazon kerfuffle.

I thought it was a huge grind personally. I really liked the original and couldn't get into X at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom