• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
It's sturdy and durable. There's a pouch inside that fits five carts and the Joycon straps which I appreciate, because I know my kids (or me!) will lose them. I haven't taken it outside yet but it's a good resting place for my Switch and when the straps are inside it's a nice, snug fit. Not bad for $23.

Sounds good. And Hori is a company I fully trust.

Ordered guide Wed nite, received Friday at 10am. When did you order?

The Collector's Edition?

I ordered February 22nd.

Amazon just told my friend he might not receive his Switch until the 15th. He ordered it January 13th and they charged his card on Friday. Wut.

btkadams

My switch is in Winnipeg (originally shipped ex Mississauga). I'm in Calgary. 1-2 day priority shipping with Amazon, shipped on Thursday. This is definitely the biggest shipping screw-up I've had with them. They're clearly driving the package across the country.

Oh well, I don't have too much time to play it right now anyway.

Ryne

Fairly impressed with the ME sword from Zelda. Thought it would be flimsy due to the presentation.

I've become a mini-collector of figurines, so this will go next to them.

Socreges

Banned
Does anyone know if this RDS Switch case is available in Canada? Haven't been able to find anything online.

For now I've got the Biogenik sleeve/case which is really thin and does the trick. Just quite ugly and not great quality from the looks of things.

Gitaroo

Calgary GAF checking in.

Just got my Nintendo Switch delivered from Best Buy.

I actually beat the mailman to the mailbox, he scanned the box 20 min early lol. Saw him coming down the street as I was walking away from checking the mailbox which was initially empty.

All things considered, I was supposed to get it on Wednesday and got it now, so not bad, but I won't be pre ordering online again, in store only for me.

What size is your box? Does it fit inside the community mailbox?

NYR

What size is your box? Does it fit inside the community mailbox?
The cardboard box it was shipped in is 16.5 inches L x 12.5 inches W x 5 inches H. Yes, it fit in the community box easily, mine was in 1B, the bigger container in the community mailbox. Almost fit perfectly, width wise, actually.

The actual Switch box is TINY. Really small. It doesn't take all the room in the box, not even close.

MTeWsR6.jpg

Lexxism

Does anyone know if this RDS Switch case is available in Canada? Haven't been able to find anything online.

For now I've got the Biogenik sleeve/case which is really thin and does the trick. Just quite ugly and not great quality from the looks of things.
I don't think so. I was actually looking for that one too and I can't find one.

The travel case that cost 14.99 looks really good. I just hate that the exterior is mesh instead of a matte.

I've been looking at that one but as like you have been unable to find it in Canada. I am tempted to just import it.

I may have asked this earlier but why is Puyo Puyo Tetris digital so expensive in Japan? 5300 yes is about $62.

The game should be around $39.99 digital here? It's $29.99 US. I would have probably bought the Japanese version if it wasn't for the price.

SickBoy

I, for one, am relieved this thread's long Nintendo Switch nightmare is nearly over (even though I'm totally on board with the Switch and the talk didn't really bother me for that reason).

Can we resolve to split out a new preorder thread for whatever the next (major) console launch is?

I, for one, am relieved this thread's long Nintendo Switch nightmare is nearly over (even though I'm totally on board with the Switch and the talk didn't really bother me for that reason).

Can we resolve to split out a new preorder thread for whatever the next (major) console launch is?

We can go back to talking about no deals.

soultron

Banned

It might be good to have one for the Scorpio, yeah. I mean, there was a US Switch Pre-order/Shipping thread, so I feel like we should do one as well in the future.

antibolo

Banned

This thread is still 95% shipping regardless of whether there's a major release or not.

I may have asked this earlier but why is Puyo Puyo Tetris digital so expensive in Japan? 5300 yes is about $62.

The game should be around $39.99 digital here? It's $29.99 US. I would have probably bought the Japanese version if it wasn't for the price.

I don't know why but are you even worthy?

giphy.gif

OK I need another Switch for my brother in law's birthday, what are the places I should keep an eye on for restock? Any restocks happening this week?

antibolo

Banned

Video games in general are almost always more expensive in Japan (and Europe, and Oceania, and...)

We complain a lot about our $80 games in here but the truth is games are a lot cheaper in the US than in other first world countries. Our shitty exchange rate has only brought us closer to the average for the rest of the world.

Too much goodness for one day! Where to start?!

I also have Horizon ZD, RE 7, Yakuza Zero, For Honor (and others) in progress with Ghost Recon coming tomorrow or Wednesday - my God! Is this the best Q1 in gaming ever?

IMG_3187_zpslmg3pdlg.jpg

Sapiens

Switch
Zelda Switch and
Zelda U

Have all been delivered today a whole weekend late. Holy shit, I'm prime and everything,

Sending the Switch stuff back though - Am not liking all the switch lottery stuff.

ovii

Any Edmonton Gaffers wanting a switch? I'll sell mine at cost. I'm receiving it today and I'll be returning it sometime this week.

Savitar

I want a Nintendo Switch and soon enough will have the money for said one, if I can find it. Mainly worried about the quality, really feels like should wait until Nintendo ups the QC a bit.

But damn the desire....anyone else in the same boat?

Bluenoser

uhhh.....

OASnr9J.png

I'm in Saskatoon...

Don't take that too seriously. I had shipped some Christmas gifts for my nephew in Calgary, and it was saying out for delivery in Montreal. I called customer service, and they assured me it was going to Calgary, and sure enough, delivered later that day. I think sometimes the carriers have incorrect info.

iphys

I bought it anyway. First off, that price includes the tax whereas ours doesn't, so it actually works out very similar to the cost of our physical version. Second, Tetris is hugely popular in Japan, which is why they have more Tetris games in general there like the Grandmaster games, so they know Japanese players will pay a higher price for it. Probably the only reason our version is delayed is so that they don't have to worry as much about Japanese players buying the cheaper version from our eShop, except the Japanese players that will wait because they would only ever buy it at our price point anyway.

I bought it anyway. First off, that price includes the tax whereas ours doesn't, so it actually works out very similar to the cost of our physical version. Second, Tetris is hugely popular in Japan, which is why they have more Tetris games in general there like the Grandmaster games, so they know Japanese players will pay a higher price for it. Probably the only reason our version is delayed is so that they don't have to worry as much about Japanese players buying the cheaper version from our eShop, except the Japanese players that will wait because they would only ever buy it at our price point anyway.

Interesting. Thanks. I am still really tempted to just buy it off the Japanese store. The demo itself has a good amount of gameplay that it might just hold me over till NA release.

antibolo

Banned
Unless you are fluent in Japanese I honestly don't see why you would buy the Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris instead of waiting for the localization we 100% know is coming next month.

finalhour

I want a Nintendo Switch and soon enough will have the money for said one, if I can find it. Mainly worried about the quality, really feels like should wait until Nintendo ups the QC a bit.

But damn the desire....anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah, I know the feeling. It is tempting...decided to hold off though and just work on my backlog until later. Ideally one day I'll have a switch to handle all my gaming needs, but right now I think there isn't enough there for me to justify it (already have a wii u for zelda)

Unless you are fluent in Japanese I honestly don't see why you would buy the Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris instead of waiting for the localization we 100% know is coming next month.

Impatience. Game is seriously addictive. Like I said though, the demo offers enough.

iphys

Unless you are fluent in Japanese I honestly don't see why you would buy the Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris instead of waiting for the localization we 100% know is coming.

Japanese voices are superior to the annoying English voices, or so I've heard, and I'm not that patient to be able to wait.

Menu translation is here:
http://puyonexus.com/wiki/Puyo_Puyo_Tetris_Menu_Translation

Only snag I hit was when I went online, a bunch of unexpected options came up in Japanese. I eventually figured out it was just asking for my region. I was able to read America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa, and I found Canada as a sub-region hiding under some 2 character thing that I couldn't even tell what it said, whereas America seemed to just be USA and have only their states and territories as sub-regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom