• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
I thought it was a huge grind personally. I really liked the original and couldn't get into X at all.

I was the complete opposite, I got lost in that world for 70+ hours.

You can definitely tell that the world building Monolith used in X directly influenced Breath of the Wild.

iphys

thanks. maybe i'll stop by EB and see what it looks in person. im more worried about it moving around in the case. i can always take it out when im playing on the subway or something in worst case, but yeah

hopefully they do something similar to the Nyko grips/chargers too, but with some kind of cover

I have the nearly identical Biogenik case that comes with their starter kit, and it wouldn't be practical to play it in the case unless the game doesn't use shoulder buttons, because the elastics keep the system held down too deep inside it to do anything but barely graze the top of just the L/R buttons. I actually feel like it's safer to store the system screen down in the case, but mine doesn't have the cartridge flap in the middle to protect the screen from stuff in the top pocket potentially scratching it, and mine came with grips that make the Joy-Con thicker on the bottom so you actually end up with more storage space in the pocket if you store the system upside down.

Iced

Don't wait. Go get it today. I always go early and they have it the same day by 3pm.

This is not good advice. If anything, call with tracking number to check if it's there. In my area in Toronto, I always have to wait until the next day, and sometimes right up until the hour stated on the card.

I was the complete opposite, I got lost in that world for 70+ hours.

You can definitely tell that the world building Monolith used in X directly influenced Breath of the Wild.

And yet i'm absolutely adoring Breath of the Wild!

The exploration feels far more fun in-and-of itself to be than Xenoblade did, where it felt like I was exploring mostly to make numbers get bigger.

iphys

Did anyone end up getting the Hori Switch wired controller to be able to say whether it's any good? I don't see it listed on EB now.

Hmmm, I found the old cached page and it doesn't release till the 31st anyway. I suppose they probably took the page down to get as many Pro controller sales as they could off the bat.

SickBoy

My official Switch case arrived today. It's perfectly fine for my needs, and in light of the questions about screen damage, the screen protector is something I'm happy to have.

But I don't think it's anything special, so I wouldn't encourage anyone to go out of their way for it if they have something suitable already.

iphys

My official Switch case arrived today. It's perfectly fine for my needs, and in light of the questions about screen damage, the screen protector is something I'm happy to have.

But I don't think it's anything special, so I wouldn't encourage anyone to go out of their way for it if they have something suitable already.

I've heard the official Switch case can function as a stand, which if you don't still have the Kid Icarus 3DS stand, it might be especially worth it as the built-in microSD cover that they claim to be a stand is such a joke.

Lizardus

Is it normal that Amazon hasn't charged me for the Switch even though it has been shipped? Not even a pre authorization. It shipped on Friday.

Are they making up for the shitshow?

Edit: Switch cartridges taste pretty good and the game cases are pretty......... cute?

So I just got a passive 3x1 Monoprice HDMI switch (the $8 one) and it doesn't work with my NES Classic for whatever reason, but works with my Switch and Xbone so I can live with that. However, now I'm reading that passive HDMI switches can cause input lag. Anyone know if this is true or not/has used one?

So I just got a passive 3x1 Monoprice HDMI switch (the $8 one) and it doesn't work with my NES Classic for whatever reason, but works with my Switch and Xbone so I can live with that. However, now I'm reading that passive HDMI switches can cause input lag. Anyone know if this is true or not/has used one?

its probably the same one i have and i have noticed no added lag, if it does add input lag, its most likely likely so little, you probably cant tell

Yaranaika

This is not good advice. If anything, call with tracking number to check if it's there. In my area in Toronto, I always have to wait until the next day, and sometimes right up until the hour stated on the card.

I guess you didn't see his post on the previous page, but he went over and picked it up no problem.
Some Canada Post workers are stubborn, but the packages are just sitting in the back once they arrive by 3pm.

Iced

I guess you didn't see his post on the previous page, but he went over and picked it up no problem.
Some Canada Post workers are stubborn, but the packages are just sitting in the back once they arrive by 3pm.

I'm just saying it's not always the case. In fact I often have packages delivered between 5 and 6. It's great it worked out for him, though.

Iced

Here are some Humble Bundle codes I won't be using. Please only take 1 so that several people can have a freebie, and post which one you took so that others know it's gone!

(Quote to see games)

BadWolf

Amazon said that I would be getting Nier 2 around March 15-17, they still hadn't shipped Horizon so I figured that would at least give me time between the two.

And...I just got an email saying that they have shipped both of them and they will be arriving tomorrow...

The heck am I supposed to play first lol.

Lizardus

Is there a list with trade in values for switch stuff at EB? Might trade my copy of XCX now that I have the special edition coming in.

Sealtest

if anyone is interested in an opened Zelda BOTW Switch for around $70 and live in Windsor/Tecumseh area I got one that I'm looking to unload.

Trying to sell one I bought from EBGames at full price to play day 1 because Amazon eventually came through with my Special Edition and I don't need both.

Jachaos

How do I do that, and what does it do? Did you mean spoiler tag? Also, no problem!

E-mail tags are used when you want to write something in your post but only those with a GAF account can read it, since you have to quote the post to read them. Here, quote my post and see.

KJA

Would anybody here be interested in a Wii U Zelda Special Edition console? I was thinking of trading it in at EBGames for some trade-in credit but I just thought someone over here might like it. I'm looking for $200. Located in Mississauga.

Windam

Scaley member
Would anybody here be interested in a Wii U Zelda Special Edition console? I was thinking of trading it in at EBGames for some trade-in credit but I just thought someone over here might like it. I'm looking for $200. Located in Mississauga.

Aw hell, don't tempt me. x__x

1337Sauce

So I'm looking at importing I am Setsuna for the Switch off Amazon.jp.

What are the chances that I get hit with any customs fees? Has anybody imported off Amazon.jp before?

tiijj

So I'm looking at importing I am Setsuna for the Switch off Amazon.jp.

What are the chances that I get hit with any customs fees? Has anybody imported off Amazon.jp before?

You pay the customs fee or any tax when you checkout from amazon jp. If the customs fee is much lower than expected, they will refund you the difference.

chrono01

To those looking for the HORI screen protector (standard, not premium as that one is defective) for the Switch, VGP has them in-stock. I placed an order for one since Amazon.ca is still out-of-stock and the only ones offering it (from within Canada, that I can see) are third-party sellers.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/hori-screen-protective-filter-switch-p-24484.html

Word of warning? It's recommended to use PayPal as payment and not your credit card directly, due to VGP's...lack in security. Just letting you all know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom