• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Returners

Well shit, I was about to head to EB to buy it. Besides the misalignment, is there anything else wrong with it?

I actually have it. It's decent, but I would recommend applying it from the bottom, lining up the two speaker holes at the bottom first.

Also, Edge Card discount, it's decent while I wait for my tempered glass.

My copy of Nier currently says that it's "Being shipped today" and also that "Arriving today"...I mean it's possible as I'm in the GTA and Amazon does have same day shipping, but somehow, I don't believe it.

I'm loving dangerously, bringing my switch on the subway with no screen protector and docking/unlocking at home!

Switch is still I'm mint condition but I'm waiting for a clear winner to emerge in the case/screen protector testing!

My copy of Nier currently says that it's "Being shipped today" and also that "Arriving today"...I mean it's possible as I'm in the GTA and Amazon does have same day shipping, but somehow, I don't believe it.

I'm in downtown Toronto and my copy of Nier is out for delivery. It did ship late last night, though.

tiijj

Seriously canada got the short end of the stick for accessories quality on Nintendo switch's launch.

No RDS case, no amfilm tempered glass protector..

Yeah, I was gonna import the RDS from amazon us but the one that I like won't arrive until april.

i'm spending too much on cases. I got the hori slim case but like any hori cases it has a loose fit inside.

I don't think it was available for preoder or if it was, it won't be ship or arrive anytime soon. But at least we are getting options now. That was why I got the glass screen protector by cyber from amazon jp with the hori slim case. It's good and thin. There's no big gap on the sides and the speaker section. The only bad thing is that it has a big opening where the light sensor is.

Lexxism

Yeah, this means having an account per region though, right? I'd have to resend friend codes if I want a consistent friends list across all accounts? Sounds like a bit of a hassle. :S
That's up to you if you want an account per region. I have 3 currently. Canada, US (Mexico) and Japan. I bought a few games from Mexico and Japan and I played all of those on my Canadian account. It's not really a hassle.

tiijj

I've never bought a screen protector my whole life.

Come join me guys, the water is great.

Tread the switch water carefully. The switch has plastic screen and they scratch easily vs any glass smartphones. It's like the 3DS but that one has a clam shell design which most of the time protect the screen inside.

Sora_N

Call around. I walked to a TRU on my lunch break yesterday and grabbed the last HORI tough case, but there were several other cases there.

TRU, EBG, Walmart, SDM(?), Source, BB, etc.

That's gonna be prolly the hardest case to find right now since it's "Official" and it comes with a screen protector so most people went with it.

You're best bet is something like TheSource, Walmart maybe even toys r us. The stores that less people would go to buy video game stuff.

Thanks guys. Nothing at any of the retailers online. I don't work or live near WM or TRU so can't really check.

I'll keep looking.

I'm considering buying the quick pouch from Japan but haven't seen any reviews.

I'm in downtown Toronto and my copy of Nier is out for delivery. It did ship late last night, though.

Yeah, absolutely. They always ship my stuff the night before it arrives. This case, is "shipping today" and "arriving today" which I expect is bogus. Since I expect, baring same day shipping, they clearly missed their own estimate though, probably will get something out of it. At least Amazon's great with that.

Switch Rage: I was checking out the Switch section at Best Buy and someone shoves in front of me just to grab an AC Adaptor. The last AC Adaptor.

Crazy.

Madness

I'm loving dangerously, bringing my switch on the subway with no screen protector and docking/unlocking at home!

Switch is still I'm mint condition but I'm waiting for a clear winner to emerge in the case/screen protector testing!

Unlike the latest flagship smartphones which have the latest gorilla glass resistance, the Switch has a much weaker screen, easily scratchable. When I have bought phones in the past, I would carry a microfiber case in my pocket while my screen protectors would arrive. Hopefully you are doing something similar.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Switch Rage: I was checking out the Switch section at Best Buy and someone shoves in front of me just to grab an AC Adaptor. The last AC Adaptor.

Crazy.

giphy.gif

tiijj

Unlike the latest flagship smartphones which have the latest gorilla glass resistance, the Switch has a much weaker screen, easily scratchable. When I have bought phones in the past, I would carry a microfiber case in my pocket while my screen protectors would arrive. Hopefully you are doing something similar.

It's not weaker, it's softer since it's plastic. The advantage of that is that it won't break or shatter easily.

Luigi87

Apparently my copy of Nier Automata has been delivered as the Amazon app just told me, lol. Seeing Logan in a few minutes so can't confirm!

Weiss

Banned
I've done some trade-ins at my EB so with that I'm going to be getting Kirby Planet Robobot, Rayman Legends, NieR Automata, Resident Evil 7 and Final Fantasy XV for a combined 150 dollars.

Sealtest

Seems like my Nier isn't coming today.

Another prime game late =/

I didn't start having this problem with prime shipping until the new year started. Weird.

Kyolux

Complain to HR. NeoGAF is therapy.

It sure is. I'll just use my phone instead though.

They broaden the filters it seems. Kotaku and destructoid are blockes too. Well fuck. I guess it's IT's solution for the network problems since sunday. Easier than fixing the damn problem.

iphys

I recommend as far as screen protectors go for the switch, to stay FAR away from Biogenik ones (the ebgames brand). Thought I'd support a canadian company so I picked one up, but the thing is not cut to the screen size. Such a ridiculous oversight. When lining up the holes on the bottom, there's like 3 mm on the right and 1 mm on the left, and space at the top as well.

I emailed the company asking for a replacement but they said "it's intentionally misaligned to make it easier to apply". Makes no sense. So yeah, stay away!

My Biogenik protector from their starter kit is about 1 mm smaller all around the edge, but that's normal of any screen protector I've ever used; otherwise, you'd have to align it absolutely perfectly to be able to get it on there. Maybe yours was cut wrong if it's off by 3 mm because mine is definitely not that much smaller. I don't think it makes a huge difference as the screen protector is far larger than the screen anyway, but if it really bothers you that much, take it back to EB and see if they agree yours was cut wrong or if any other brand has a better-fitting one.

I ordered the orzly tempered glass protector. Hoping it doesn't take until the end of the month like amazon predicted. Rest of my amazon and BB switch stuff finally did show up today. Pro controller, while $$$, is pretty nice and has a nice USB C cable.

I'm in Burnaby BC and have an extra grey Switch console if anyone wants it. Selling it at cost and I also have an extra set of the neon Joy-Cons selling at cost as well. Otherwise, I'll return it to Bestbuy this weekend.

PM if interested.

Fucking hell amazon this week for me an you has been so frustrating, shipped out my copy going to a friend of ghost recon via ups(Mississauga to bc interior), then ships my copy(bundled with nier no less) via canada post TODAY from missisauga to the same town in bc with as best I can tell standard fucking canada post shipping.

soultron

Banned
That's up to you if you want an account per region. I have 3 currently. Canada, US (Mexico) and Japan. I bought a few games from Mexico and Japan and I played all of those on my Canadian account. It's not really a hassle.

Ohhhh... you can still play games from other regions on your main/Canadian account? This changes everything. Nice!

Sorry for the dumb questions. This stuff is still a bit confusing to me, but I'm starting to get a clearer picture now.

antibolo

Banned
Ohhhh... you can still play games from other regions on your main/Canadian account? This changes everything. Nice!

Sorry for the dumb questions. This stuff is still a bit confusing to me, but I'm starting to get a clearer picture now.

Yeah it basically works the same as on PS3 and PS4. Any account can play content owned by other accounts on the system.

And creating foreign accounts is even easier, you can do it all in English and you don't even need to enter a fake address!

soultron

Banned
Yeah it basically works the same as on PS3 and PS4. Any account can play content owned by other accounts on the system.

And creating foreign accounts is even easier, you can do it all in English and you don't even need to enter a fake address!

brb downloading the puyo puyo tetris demo, then. :)

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
My Switch order from London Drugs arrived today, BC delivery.

Also relented and picked up the standard Hori screen protector from EB this morning. I'll wait until the ORZLY tempered ones show better shipping times and general reviews. Thanks again to this thread (shout out to leeman) for the initial London Drugs link.

UberTag

Am I correct in my understanding of the ongoing EB Games trade-in promo that I can benefit from trading in towards Switch game pre-orders as well as the console?

In other words, I could trade in a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and pretty much have enough credit just from that to put an order down for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? I'm giving some thought towards doing this given the Friday ship dates of a lot of these first-party Nintendo titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom