• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered two standard Hori screen protectors from EB Games online, local is out of stock. I should be getting a Switch in the mail tomorrow.

EB Games employee said one of the first things he did was accidentally scratch the screen just from docking it. Now I'm paranoid.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Woah that's crazy.

Yup, they have a promo where trade values are doubled when you trade toward Switch stuff. They give $40 for Zelda WiiU, so $80 toward any Switch game/accessory. When you take into account that trade credit isn't taxable, that's like $90+ of value.

Haines

Banned
Yup, they have a promo where trade values are doubled when you trade toward Switch stuff. They give $40 for Zelda WiiU, so $80 toward any Switch game/accessory. When you take into account that trade credit isn't taxable, that's like $90+ of value.

How long is this deal on for?

Sealtest

Did amazon get rid of the ability to report a lower price on another website? I can't find it on product pages anymore.

Haines

Banned
Deal ends April 2nd.

However, EB can change the trade in value of any game at time before then.

Yeah that seems good.

I'm going to keep my wiiu even with the over lap of the switch.

I regret getting rid of old consoles so keeping them from now on.

Anyone in Saskatoon who is looking for a Grey Nintendo Switch, I have a spare from trying to get one on launch day and Amazon shipping late. If you're interested, I'm selling it for cost, PM me. Otherwise I'll just return to the store in a day or so.

bryt

Anyone know the TIV of Zelda for the Switch? Thinking about trading it in for Persona 5 and taking advantage of the 40% bonus trade in credit for Platinum members.

Qwyjibo

My EVGA GTX 1080 ($679 at NCIX) just arrived after ordering on Sunday. I can't wait to try this thing out. I don't think I've ever had a gpu that can truly max things out like this before.

essenn

I don't think EB has any first party Switch games past Arms in their system. Most of those will be part of the Amazon E3 deal though. Gonna trade in some things for extra Joy Cons

Lexxism

Ah so I have to go for as opposed to the amlife one?

That one was talking about a lot but I couldn't ship it here apparently
We did have that tempered glass available in Amazon.ca but it was sold out. It's too bad that they don't ship to Canada. I think orzly is the best option right now or you could wait more for feedback regarding it.

antibolo

Banned
Ordered two standard Hori screen protectors from EB Games online, local is out of stock. I should be getting a Switch in the mail tomorrow.

EB Games employee said one of the first things he did was accidentally scratch the screen just from docking it. Now I'm paranoid.

EBGames employees are paid to tell blatant lies if it makes you buy more crap.

PSN Tax Question

Was it ever confirmed that the Canadian side of PSN would get taxed on all purchases come April 1st?

Has anyone past that one person (who may or may not have had a US account as well) reported getting the PSN email in this thread about it? I think if PSN were to start charging in Canada, we'd all have been contacted.

Sorry if it's been discussed but any word on Switch stock in Canada? Console, accessories, etc. Everything is impossible to find, not planning to get one right away but wondering how hard itd be if I feel impulsive

zroid

Banned
Jesus, how are you guys beating the game so fast? Ive easily put in over 25 hours and most of that has just been exploring! Wow!

I'm still on the plateau :p

I'm too old to play games fast nowadays. I'll probably still be chipping away at BOTW when Mario Kart comes out

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
just got my switch from amazon

don't really have anything to play on it until odyssey comes out though

i beat botw on wii u a lot faster than i expected ._.

i guess i can play through it again on switch

You paid full price for Zelda and bought it for Wii U even though you were getting switch in matter of days? . And now you got switch eventhough nothing except Odyssey interests you? What a waste of hard earned money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom