• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

I have 0 issue with mine, and the Switch is literally right in front of where our family sit anyway.
It's a lottery, though, people are legitimately having problems, including me.

Have you tried putting your left joycon behind your back and seeing if it will still work during the stick calibration?

It's a lottery, though, people are legitimately having problems, including me.

Have you tried putting your left joycon behind your back and seeing if it will still work during the stick calibration?

I did. I even went to the room next to mine, closed the door, covered the joycon, put it behind my back, and it's still working.

Returners

CAD eShop Gift card deals are hard to come by huh. Costco/a lot of sites don't sell them at all.

In another note, anyone bought any Xbox Live cards from Dell.ca? I bought one and got charged tax on it. Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't XBL charge tax while buying the item? If so, did anyone contact customer service and got the tax back?

Gitaroo

Hi, I got a question about selling stuffs. So I ordered two nintendo switches and let my friend have the second one. He is planning to resell it after he finish zelda in a month or so, how does warranty work if I dont want to give him my invoice since it has my info on it? Can nintendo even deny repair without receipt if something happen within the first 12 months for a launch system? Can nintendo even deny any repair if the system die within the 12 months from launch?

eyesradar

Hi, I got a question about selling stuffs. So I ordered two nintendo switches and let my friend have the second one. He is planning to resell it after he finish zelda in a month or so, how does warranty work if I dont want to give him my invoice since it has my info on it? Can nintendo even deny repair without receipt if something happen within the first 12 months for a launch system? Like if something happen two months later.

Ask the retailer for a gift receipt maybe?

Tapejara

When Best Buy says "Sale Ends March 9th, 2017" does it means I can still go in store today and get it for the sale price, or does the sale end as soon as the stores open this morning?

The two models were the Samsung UN40KU6270FXZC and the Vizio D40u-D1, the latter I actually got due your recommendation before.

My Wii U was the most used device (but not the only one) and the problems didn't seem to be based on that in the slightest.

I hardly have wireless devices around and I keep everything off unless I use it specifically (as in a don't often have multiple devices on where the TV is unless I'm using them together).

So I think any wireless causes can be written off.

I doubt it's the surge protector. Some issues seemed to have been less common in a different socket in it, but for all I knew that did nothing and it was just going to happen again, as these issues were not constant at all. Just the ghosting on my last Samsung TV.

Who knows really, to me it's the luck of the draw it feels like.

Try the samsung 6490/6500.

Though I am shocked you found issues with the Vizio D series. I found it incredibly good for the price. The modes are distinct. And Forza 3 looks stunning on it.

I still think something is wrong with your hdmi cables. Ghosting may be uncalibrated issue or bad input/source issue.

jaybe00

Neo Member
I kept checking for a restock on Zelda BotW Wii U on Amazon to use the Prime discount, but no such luck so grabbed a BNIB one from a Kijiji seller for $70. Probably the last game I'll play for a while on the system. Figured I'd get it since some part of me thinks it may not get a reprint.

Shoppers doesn't seem to have much Switch inventory anywhere. Maybe one or two every couple days at some stores that get snapped up quick. I've had a 20x points coupon twice (launch day and yesterday), so did some searches to capitalize on it, but no luck.

Regarding the comments on the thread, I think despite not being a deal, the search for a hard to find new product will consume some people and you'll just need to skim past it. There's at times more shipment reception discussion than I'd ideally want, but it's easy enough to flip past for some good local information and deals as well as common issues. With the best deals tending to be North American sites (Steam, Humble, BundleStars) or platform wide (PSN, XBOX) and getting their own threads, there tends not to be as much to post here that isn't covered better there like game reco's. Also, retail situation is less competitive than a few years back. Personally, I'll check RFD for deals and browse threads, but it seems one out of every three posts seems toxic and isn't worth participating in. Also tonnes of scalpers/resellers on there, so I'd rather help gaming enthusiasts out instead.

Dazzler

Any Vancouver Gaffers, there's a pretty good facebook group for buying and selling games I was recommended: "Video Game Buy Sell and Trade Vancouver"

Seems like scalping is frowned upon there and it seems like a decent community too

Megasoum

Banned
GOD DAMMIT Zelda... Because of you I'm considering buying an Amiibo for the first time in my life.

The thing is, the only one I really want is the Smash Bro Link because it has the best rewards but that shit is impossible to find and the cheapest on Amazon is 70$... Fuck that.

farisr

Anyone know of any good usb bluetooth dongles that are good for gaming.

I had one just lying around, no idea what brand or model number, but it can just randomly lag for no reason and cause a big delay on inputs one minute, while being perfectly fine the next. Would like something with consistency, that I can preferably connect more than one controller to without experiencing these kinds of issues.

GOD DAMMIT Zelda... Because of you I'm considering buying an Amiibo for the first time in my life.

The thing is, the only one I really want is the Smash Bro Link because it has the best rewards but that shit is impossible to find and the cheapest on Amazon is 70$... Fuck that.

I've still seen him around in random stores as of a few weeks ago. That may have changed with the launch of BOTW though.

Megasoum

Banned
I've still seen him around in random stores as of a few weeks ago. That may have changed with the launch of BOTW though.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure where to look for buying those in store lol. I imagine EB has them in between those mountains of Funko Pops...

Best buy? Shoppers Drug Mart?

BTails

I haven't bought, nor plan on buying a Switch for a number of months... I preordered Kingdom Hearts 1&2 for PS4 from Amazon though! With the Prime discount, plus the $5 credit I randomly got for Resident Evil 7, it ended up being less than $50 including tax, so I consider that a pretty good deal... ;)

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure where to look for buying those in store lol. I imagine EB has them in between those mountains of Funko Pops...

Best buy? Shoppers Drug Mart?

Walmart is usually your best bet in my area anyway. Best Buy, EB, Toys R Us and local game stores (such as Jumbo Video) have them around here as well! They're very prominent but it really is a gamble as to what you will actually find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom