• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Is breath of the wild wiiu hard to find???

I just had a guy on kijiji offer to buy mine for the 70 I listed.

I told him sorry found out ebgames would give me 80 through a promo.

He just offered to pick it up and pay 90.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Edit. I just checked. I can get this on amazon for 64 dollars right now.

-SG

Looks like it's sold out on Amazon so that might be a sign. Just out of curiosity, are you selling it because you are done with it or because you didn't like it on the Wii U? I'm considering picking it up for Wii U (if I can find it that is).

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Nier: Automata (PS4) was only a base value of $30 :( at EB Games. Didn't trade it in for any Switch items.

Zelda BotW (Wii U) still at a base value of $40. Traded in my extra copy (extra old pre-order) straight up for Mario Kart 8 (Switch).

Haines

Banned
Looks like it's sold out on Amazon so that might be a sign. Just out of curiosity, are you selling it because you are done with it or because you didn't like it on the Wii U? I'm considering picking it up for Wii U (if I can find it that is).

Ok im blind. Didnt see the ships in 1 to 2 months. Wow. This thing is rare i guess.

Best buy shows for sale online but dunno when you will get it

Ok im blond. Didnt see the ships in 1 to 2 months. Wow. This thing is rare i guess.

I don't think the Wii u version is rare. Its more likely people with the Wii u are finally having a reason to play it again, and not have to pay $400 for an experience which isn't that much of a technical leap ahead.

Besides I saw a bunch of Wii u copies at my local Walmart a couple of days ago.

Haines

Banned
I don't think the Wii u version is rare. Its more likely people with the Wii u are finally having a reason to play it again, and not have to pay $400 for an experience which isn't that much of a technical leap ahead.

Besides I saw a bunch of Wii u copies at my local Walmart a couple of days ago.

But that doesn't explain a guy offering to drive from a Major city 39 minutes to pay me 90 for a copy.

jholmes

But that doesn't explain a guy offering to drive from a Major city 39 minutes to pay me 90 for a copy.

I put an extra pre-order copy up on Kijiji and have got nothing so far but a very lowball offer so I find it odd. I can't even unload mine so I'm going to have to return it to the store.

Haines

Banned
If I had to guess, he was planning to stand you up.

Odd because it was made clear he would be picking it up so it wouldn't have effected me at all.

Ah well. It can't ever go for less than the 50 I paid so im going to hold on to it. In the end it's a fairly cheap investment in collecting.

Ventara

Odd because it was made clear he would be picking it up so it wouldn't have effected me at all.

Ah well.

Derp, I missed that. I guess local stores around him didn't have it then and he was just really thirsty for Zelda: BotW. Edit: Some people just don't like buying online.

Is binding of isaac for switch massively overpriced on switch compared to getting them all on ps4?

Like from what I can tell it's
Orignal: 14.99
Afterbirth : 10.99
After birth +: probably between 10 and 13

Switch
$43 after Amazon prime discount.

I guess not so bad after discount but still a high regular price.

Haines

Banned
Derp, I missed that. I guess local stores around him didn't have it then and he was just really thirsty for Zelda: BotW. Edit: Some people just don't like buying online.

I would wager more than 30 stores in his town would sell wiiu games.

Just going to conclude it doesn't make sense and the person isnt thinking as you guys state there are copies in shelves.

iphys

Edit. I just checked. I can get this on amazon for 64 dollars right now.

Considering they probably shipped around 2 million copes of Switch Zelda with those 2 million Switch systems and only shipped about as third as many copies for Wii U, that's not many copies for 14 million Wii U owners. Seems pretty clear from Nintendo not even sending out review copies that they'd rather people not even be aware the Wii U version exists so more people will be hyped to buy a Switch to play it. I doubt there were many more copies made than what people had pre-ordered over the years. If it weren't for the eShop, I can't imagine the backlash they'd get for this.

Amooox

My preordered switch that I preordered and paid for last Friday from Bestbuy still hasn't arrived.

It was supposed to arrive on Monday, now the tracking website is stuck on "In transit". It was shipped through Canadapost.

Any advice on how to proceed from here? How long does it take to correct this? I would like to have my device before the weekend this time :(.

Amooox

Where did it ship from? Where is it now? Is Canada Post having service problems? I'd ask that since I don't know the case.

I'm in a big city so there's nothing really preventing them from delivering the package. I get my packages same day, or day after at most.

It's in the same city and shipped from the same place. It was shipped Sunday and recieved in facility early Monday (4 AM). It's stuck with expected delivery date of 3/6. No update since.

DVCY201

Just traded in Zelda Wii U. $80, total steal. Got Zelda, 1-2 Switch, Puyo Puyo Tetris paid off easy. Though I'm thinking of returning 1-2 Switch LOL

Just traded in Zelda Wii U. $80, total steal. Got Zelda, 1-2 Switch, Puyo Puyo Tetris paid off easy. Though I'm thinking of returning 1-2 Switch LOL

EB will just stockpile the copies in case it's considered a collectors item one day they sell them for a jacked up price.

Sealtest

Not a "shocking" thing but looks like Tim Hortons increased prices on some stuff again.

I buy a LG Fruit Chill and M Fruit Chill daily and it always comes to $7.09 now they're asking $7.32

Again I'm not complaining I just didn't see anything posted about prices going up.

Lexxism

They ship to Canada. I'm pretty sure all of my orders from them came FedEx, so not "cheap" shipping, but it gets here quick.
Yeah, I just checked it. I think it was $103 total. It seems import fees is included on that price. I guess no "fuck you" coming from FedEx when they deliver it.

Desperate? Troll? I can't explain his reasoning.

Whatever the case though, if you sell it to him, sell it to him in a public area, not in front of your house.

Wasp14

I was waiting on a refund to come through when I managed to order a Nintendo Switch on Amazon. Knowing that they only charge your card when it goes to "preparing for shipment" I thought I'd be safe, however they bumped the ship date up a few days and now it says "Payment revision required".

I should definitely have the funds required around midnight (plus I have a tax return coming tomorrow morning as backup). Does anyone know how long Amazon holds orders in "payment revision required" before cancelling? I really don't want to lose the Switch.

I was waiting on a refund to come through when I managed to order a Nintendo Switch on Amazon. Knowing that they only charge your card when it goes to "preparing for shipment" I thought I'd be safe, however they bumped the ship date up a few days and now it says "Payment revision required".

I should definitely have the funds required around midnight (plus I have a tax return coming tomorrow morning as backup). Does anyone know how long Amazon holds orders in "payment revision required" before cancelling? I really don't want to lose the Switch.

I think it‘s usually 48 hours before they cancel

anyone have that orzly glass screen protector?

trying to find reviews/comments on it

I'm still waiting for mine. Will report when I get them.

Just noticed the Joy-Con grip is 29.99 on the Nintendo Store, 10 bucks less than the regular CA MSRP (albeit there's a $7 shipping). Looks like the charging grip too. Might go that route whenever I get a second pair of Joy-Cons.

Haines

Banned
I was tempted to sell my MK and splatoon and such but I'm thinking my 4 year old will want a system someday and a wiiu feels like a great starter if he doesn't destroy the tablet. If he does I guess there's the pro controller.

Do you guys see any Switch units on shelves? Just out of curiosity

HeelPower

Gross..Just Gross.
switchcraze.png

You are wrong about 4K for that size. Why buy 1080p when the price points are negligible between the budget 1080p and budget 4K sets? There is no flagship 1080p sets anymore.

It all depends on price point, but you have a myriad of options from 40" to 43" with 4K models. But again, the issue is that 55" is now the 32" or 40" size of the past. There are fewer and fewer televisioms below that size that are considered high end. Which models of the Samsungs have you tried?

The two models were the Samsung UN40KU6270FXZC and the Vizio D40u-D1, the latter I actually got due your recommendation before.

My Wii U was the most used device (but not the only one) and the problems didn't seem to be based on that in the slightest.

I hardly have wireless devices around and I keep everything off unless I use it specifically (as in a don't often have multiple devices on where the TV is unless I'm using them together).

So I think any wireless causes can be written off.

I doubt it's the surge protector. Some issues seemed to have been less common in a different socket in it, but for all I knew that did nothing and it was just going to happen again, as these issues were not constant at all. Just the ghosting on my last Samsung TV.

Who knows really, to me it's the luck of the draw it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom