• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
Anybody in the Montréal area having trouble getting the new "free one-day" shipping from Prime?

I'm trying to buy an item that is claimed to be available for Prime one-day delivery on the product page, but as I go in the checkout I still have the same options as usual, with two-day showing as free and one-day being $6.99. What gives?

I tried the thing where you type in your postal code and it tells you what you are eligible for, and it definitely tells me that free one-day is available for my area.

Fuck, nevermind I know what I did wrong, it's limited to over $25 lol

i-Jest

GOD DAMMIT Zelda... Because of you I'm considering buying an Amiibo for the first time in my life.

The thing is, the only one I really want is the Smash Bro Link because it has the best rewards but that shit is impossible to find and the cheapest on Amazon is 70$... Fuck that.

Have you tried Kijiji and Craigs List?

No_Style

Follow this twitter page by a gaffer https://mobile.twitter.com/GameDealsCanada

This one is always updated with any gaming deals.

There's only really fresh deals each Friday when stores put out their flyers.

I find the Game Deals Canada Twitter a great resource each week for rounding them up

https://twitter.com/GameDealsCanada

Thanks for the love!

The website (https://www.gamedealscanada.com/deals) updates for Fridays and continues to update with whatever I find until around Tuesday. But for more rapid updates, follow the social media feeds on Facebook or Twitter.

Lexxism

Have you tried it with the Switch? Will it charge while playing?
I don't have it. It should be fine since you either use the 5v/2.4 USB-A port or the 5v/3a USB-C port. Anything above 5v/2a should be okay. This device has the ports you needed. The higher the watts it produce the better. So power delivery > 5v/3a > 5v/2.4a.

iphys

Odd C$9.87 price on Neo Geo Switch games works out cheaper than the US$7.99 price yet still slightly higher than the 823 yen price that includes tax, so I guess Japan is still the best place to buy those.

Odd C$9.87 price on Neo Geo Switch games works out cheaper than the US$7.99 price yet still slightly higher than the 823 yen price that includes tax, so I guess Japan is still the best place to buy those.

Switch games are out?

I spent 823yen so I guess I got a deal. I might buy another today since it's easier on the Canadian store.

Tapejara

The CAD price isn't too bad. On PSN the ACA games are $10.99 each. Does Switch eShop charge tax?

Sora_N

Any Vancouver Gaffers, there's a pretty good facebook group for buying and selling games I was recommended: "Video Game Buy Sell and Trade Vancouver"

Seems like scalping is frowned upon there and it seems like a decent community too

I'm reluctant to join groups due to all the messages I have to filter through. I'll check it out for now though lol.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is $54.99 digitally on the eshop for Canada? I thought it was supposed to be cheaper than physical. It's cheaper to buy straight from Japan but I do want it in English.

iphys

Puyo Puyo Tetris is $54.99 digitally on the eshop for Canada? I thought it was supposed to be cheaper than physical. It's cheaper to buy straight from Japan but I do want it in English.

That's the physical pre-order price which is higher because it's a special limited edition with keychains. Will be US$30 on the eShop -- whatever that gets converted to in Canada.

iphys

The CAD price isn't too bad. On PSN the ACA games are $10.99 each. Does Switch eShop charge tax?

You get taxed for whatever province/state you have for your region on the eShop, so you still pay the included tax on a Japanese account because you're saying you're from Japan.

kevin1025

Banned
I think it's time to rename this the 'Official Canadian Switch Thread'

I'll probably contribute to shipping wars if I don't get Mass Effect on time, haha.

Plus it's the start of the year, the deals aren't too crazy yet.

I have a bunch of Atom Tickets $5 off codes I could spit out to everyone, if you guys want some!

suikodan

GOD DAMMIT Zelda... Because of you I'm considering buying an Amiibo for the first time in my life.

The thing is, the only one I really want is the Smash Bro Link because it has the best rewards but that shit is impossible to find and the cheapest on Amazon is 70$... Fuck that.

What??? This one?
aT_1sr3cZUwmH_NcMr_AjE_wE4LOJrI8.png

Wow, I have two of them. Didn't know they worked with BOTW

TheExodu5

Banned
Went to Microplay in Ottawa. He would only sell me a Switch if I bought 3 other things with the system.

Is that even legal?

Combined with zero return policy, I don't even want to give them my business.

antibolo

Banned
Went to Microplay in Ottawa. He would only sell me a Switch if I bought 3 other things with the system.

Is that even legal?

It's pretty shitty but I don't see how it could be illegal.

It's basically like a forced bundle but more flexible.

kevin1025

Banned

Is that even legal?

Which one? I used to go to the South Keys one a ton a few years back and they are insane with their used game prices.

They used to sell PS1 JRPG's for $100 or so, $80 used. That was before PSN ate their lunch, though.

Cactus

Banned
Does anyone have a definitive answer relating to whether EB Games will still move credit to another (Switch-related) item once the double credit promotion ends? I assumed that they would, but some people on RFD have been told that the credit cannot be moved from an item after April 2nd.

No_Style

Is that even legal?

I wonder how all these Microplays remain in business. The one on Bank perplexes me to no end because no one is ever in it.

Does anyone have a definitive answer relating to whether EB Games will still move credit to another (Switch-related) item once the double credit promotion ends? I assumed that they would, but some people on RFD have been told that the credit cannot be moved from an item after April 2nd.

I think this is a YMMV situation. It should work once it's within the Switch family but I wonder if they are cracking down on this sort of thing.

Can anyone recommend a brand of tempered glass screen protector for the Nintendo Switch? I can order from the states if it's not on Amazon.ca.

Cactus

Banned
I think this is a YMMV situation. It should work once it's within the Switch family but I wonder if they are cracking down on this sort of thing.

I specifically want a switch console, so this might be too risky for me. Whatever I put my credit towards at this point will be a placeholder.

I mean, I could ask the employee who processes the trade in for clarification, but that's far from a guarantee.

Correct me if I am wrong but generally all it takes is you to preorder 1 item to get all you values bumped. So if you traded in $100 and you wanted to preorder Mario kart, you get bumped to $200. Now with that additional credit left, you can do anything with (preorder something else or put on edge card) with out losing the double up.

So if you are paranoid about losing it, you could put remainder on edge card (you'll lose the tax free stuff) but you can be at peace of mind.

This seems how it worked when I did trade in last weekend.

Seik

Banned
What??? This one?

Wow, I have two of them. Didn't know they worked with BOTW

Yep, you can have Epona (the real Epona) and Twilight Princess's easter egg costume with it, IIRC.

Only got Epona so far, but hell if that's not a good horse, all full stats right off the bat.

Even the stable guy was like ''Wow! That's the legendary horse, Epona! You can't rename a horse like that!''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom