• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeman

damn, i actually received my Last Guardian Collector's Edition today, hopefully everyone's arrives on time!

Sweet! Mine is still stuck in Canada Post limbo. Says delivery by Thursday. Amazon totally missed my day 1 delivery for that and for my Zelda amiibo that have suffered the same fate :(. I'm not mad tho, they managed to pull off day 1 for FFXV so there is that...

Greyvvolf

Who ordered The Last Guardian from BestBuy? Did you get a shipping notice yet? The last two times I pre-ordered from them I received my game on release day. Not complaining as it was free shipping but wanted to see who else was waiting.

PlayerOne

Banned
I preordered FFXV and TLG last year, and because of Free Shipping I got the option "Ship together" automatically.

At first, FFXV supposed delivery was Dec 8th-15th, and TLG was Dec 15th-22nd.

Now it showed both of them being delivered Dec 15th-22nd.

I just got off the chat with Amazon and the rep upgraded my shipping and now I'll get both on Monday/Tuesday next week. :) Yey.

zroid

Banned
Because of all the platform switching and Future Shop death and myriad promotions, I've pre-ordered TLG so many times, I can't remember them all

I've been paranoid for a while that I might have forgot to cancel one or more of them. :lol

hopefully I don't find a copy in my mailbox on tuesday

Because of all the platform switching and Future Shop death and myriad promotions, I've pre-ordered TLG so many times, I can't remember them all

I've been paranoid for a while that I might have forgot to cancel one or more of them. :lol

hopefully I don't find a copy in my mailbox on tuesday

Not even one? :-(

My TLG Amazon status is still at 'shipping today', not even 'preparing for shipment'

Still says it's on track for delivery tomorrow. I'm growing doubtful :/

Prime member btw

a916

Just checking my Amazon order, for their E3 deal.

Did Paper Mario not qualify for the 20% off? It was $90 at the time of the promo. But they're claiming it wasn't eligible. FFXV was $50 but that's because they dropped the price and made it ineligible.

EDIT: There's a Neogaf user who compiled a list of eligible games, and Paper Mario is eligible, FF is not.

soultron

Banned
My TLG Amazon status is still at 'shipping today', not even 'preparing for shipment'

Prime member btw
Mine finally shipped tonight. Expected delivery is Wednesday. FFS. Why am I still paying for Prime if it has meant getting games a day (or more) after release -- twice in a row now?

lilty

Thinking of upgrading my PS4 to a Pro and was hoping you guys might have some information on the trade-in program EB is running. On their page it says you'll get at least $200 by trading in your console. I'm assuming this means that you'll get more depending on what model and HDD size you're trading in. I'd be trading in a 500GB model, am I looking at straight $200? The page also mentions extra credit for Platinum members. Does anyone have any info about that? Cheers.

Quick

Banned
Thinking of upgrading my PS4 to a Pro and was hoping you guys might have some information on the trade-in program EB is running. On their page it says you'll get at least $200 by trading in your console. I'm assuming this means that you'll get more depending on what model and HDD size you're trading in. I'd be trading in a 500GB model, am I looking at straight $200? The page also mentions extra credit for Platinum members. Does anyone have any info about that? Cheers.

I traded in mine when it was released and they straight up just gave me the max value for it. I initially had a 2TB drive in my PS4 but I swapped it back to the 500GB original. They didn't even check how much storage it had.

Yasumi

Banned
Just checking my Amazon order, for their E3 deal.

Did Paper Mario not qualify for the 20% off? It was $90 at the time of the promo. But they're claiming it wasn't eligible. FFXV was $50 but that's because they dropped the price and made it ineligible.

EDIT: There's a Neogaf user who compiled a list of eligible games, and Paper Mario is eligible, FF is not.
FFXV?
O98rQc4.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's the likelihood of a PS4 Pro Horizon bunduru?
In a way I am thankful Chloe DLC doesn't have a release date yet, which probably means it's March or later. So due to that I might just pick up the Pro around then instead of Holiday 2017, and while Horizon isn't a system seller for me, I'd be excited if it came free because I'd want to have it for the visuals anyway.

farisr

This order is from E3 2015. E3 2016 orders either gave you 20% off, or whatever price the game dropped to if it was lower than 20% ($50 in this case), rather than stacking them together.

Basically, working the same way as Prime discounts do right now.

firelogic

TLG has shipped from Amazon with Canada Post but it says guaranteed delivery date of Wednesday. I've never had a game ship this early AND take two days to get here, so I'm still hoping it comes tomorrow. But then again, it usually gets the guaranteed delivery date right... is Canada Post much slower these days somehow? This is flexdelivery, shipping directly to post office.

Prime member btw

I chose free shipping and Amazon shipped TLG today at 2:30pm using AMZCA. I'm in Toronto if that makes a difference. Says it'll arrive on Wednesday. Here I thought Amazon deliberately held onto games if free shipping was used.

Oneself

TLG shipped hours ago, getting it tomorrow. I had faith that this day would come but it feels a bit unreal to be honest.

0_o

Just pre-ordered the Nier Automata Black Box Edition from Square Enix Online, god damn $45 shipping brings it to around $235 USD, why do they always make their collector's editions exclusive :/ , i know im gonna get wrecked on import fee's to make it even worse

Tagg9

Well fuck, I just remembered that Future Shop cancelled my order for The Last Guardian like a year ago (PS3 version) and I forgot to pre-order it afterwards. Any deals on it at the moment?

DVCY201

Just pre-ordered the Nier Automata Black Box Edition from Square Enix Online, god damn $45 shipping brings it to around $235 USD, why do they always make their collector's editions exclusive :/ , i know im gonna get wrecked on import fee's to make it even worse

RIP. The fact they have the balls to not provide free shipping for such a high ticket item, oh boy. It single-handedly killed the interest I had

RIP. The fact they have the balls to not provide free shipping for such a high ticket item, oh boy. It single-handedly killed the interest I had

if it was for any other game I would have passed too, but Drakengard / Nier is my favorite series and their is so little merchandise for it, I cant miss out.

Well fuck, I just remembered that Future Shop cancelled my order for The Last Guardian like a year ago (PS3 version) and I forgot to pre-order it afterwards. Any deals on it at the moment?

Haha. And here I was expecting to receive my copy soon. Legitimately forgot this was on PS3, was about to call FS for its status. Not in a hurry, will probably wait for it to drop.

Anth0ny

so NES Classic isn't happening before christmas, is it.

looks like my little cousin will have to settle for pokemon cards this christmas.

so NES Classic isn't happening before christmas, is it.

looks like my little cousin will have to settle for pokemon cards this christmas.

Launch day was rough but it was still possible to get one if you really wanted to(amazon was especially easy to get an order in).

They've been available online a few times since launch(mostly with BB).

It's "not happening" if you don't put the effort to get one.

imBask

Banned
Launch day was rough but it was still possible to get one if you really wanted to(amazon was especially easy to get an order in).

They've been available online a few times since launch(mostly with BB).

It's "not happening" if you don't put the effort to get one.

tumblr_mf2g3zcQWM1qfr6udo1_400.gif

BadWolf

Trying to buy a digital item from play-asia and at checkout they are asking for a cell phone number for voice/SMS confirmation. Is this legit?

If so do I just enter my cell phone number (416-xxx-xxxx) or do I need to add anything for an area/country code before the number?

Lexxism

Trying to buy a digital item from play-asia and at checkout they are asking for a cell phone number for voice/SMS confirmation. Is this legit?

If so do I just enter my cell phone number (416-xxx-xxxx) or do I need to add anything for an area/country code before the number?
If you are going to receive an sms confirmation, then yeah. You will need to put the country code +1

terrible

Banned
Had an item scheduled to arrive yesterday but it was delayed due to "weather or natural disaster". Snow, ladies and gentlemen.
Yeah but let's be fair here, who could have ever predicted there'd be snow in Canada in December? Impossible to prepare for such an event.

Oneself

Yeah but let's be fair here, who could have ever predicted there'd be snow in Canada in December? Impossible to prepare for such an event.
Roads were quite dangerous yesterday (at least here in Montréal, and it wasn't as bad as the eastside of Québec). At around noon, cars and buses started sliding into one another like crazy. That delay is understandable.

Vinc

TLG has shipped from Amazon with Canada Post but it says guaranteed delivery date of Wednesday. I've never had a game ship this early AND take two days to get here, so I'm still hoping it comes tomorrow. But then again, it usually gets the guaranteed delivery date right... is Canada Post much slower these days somehow? This is flexdelivery, shipping directly to post office.

Update: Just got the notification! Game is ready for me to pick up!

My emotions.

Mine finally shipped tonight. Expected delivery is Wednesday. FFS. Why am I still paying for Prime if it has meant getting games a day (or more) after release -- twice in a row now?

Yup same here. I'm fine with them shipping Monday instead of Friday but if they're going to do that they need to upgrade me to 1 day shipping instead of leaving it on 2 day express

I'm talking with customer service right now.

TLG from Bestbuy "shipped" on sunday, but only arrived at carrier facility today. Hasn't left yet, so it probably won't be here until tomorrow. This doesn't normally happen in my experience, in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom