• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Yup same here. I'm fine with them shipping Monday instead of Friday but if they're going to do that they need to upgrade me to 1 day shipping instead of leaving it on 2 day express

I'm talking with customer service right now.

Mine said expected delivery of Wednesday up until delivery a few minutes ago, and shipped last night as well. Hopefully they're just being cautious in the busy holiday season.

Mine said expected delivery of Wednesday up until delivery a few minutes ago, and shipped last night as well. Hopefully they're just being cautious in the busy holiday season.

Ah ok, thanks. Hopefully it arrives today.

I miss Ups. Their depot hours are great and easy to pick up from. Amazon uses Intelcom for Edmonton now and their depot hours are the same as my work hours, and they aren't open on weekends. So now I have to arrange to work from home on days where I'm expecting deliveries, which sucks but wouldn't be as bad if I at least could rely on the delivery date.

Ryde3

Launch day was rough but it was still possible to get one if you really wanted to(amazon was especially easy to get an order in).

They've been available online a few times since launch(mostly with BB).

It's "not happening" if you don't put the effort to get one.

oh c'mon it was not easy to get an order anywhere, that's silly.

I've tried about 5 times excluding launch day.

amrod

My amazon the last guardian

Latest update: Monday, 5 Dec
6:19 PM Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
Carrier: Intelcom Courrier Canada Inc., Tracking #

I have never heard of this carrier are they any good?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Based on the experience in this thread, good luck getting your package. :p

Look at the google reviews.

Gitaroo

mine always shows up the next day after shipping out, but heard a lot of horror stories....

DJ_Lae

I've had about a dozen packages from them here in Edmonton over the past month or two, and no problems at all (they usually arrive sooner than expected), but based on online reviews I'm definitely in the minority.

antibolo

Banned

Welcome to the thread! You must be new here.

BTails

mine always shows up the next day after shipping out, but heard a lot of horror stories....

I'm the same. Never had a bad news story with Intelcom yet in Calgary, though my package usually arrives around 6:00pm-ish. That doesn't really bother me though, since I work until 5:00 every day.

Stage On

I don't understand how Canada post can claim to be experiencing financial problems while at the same time also having a notice up say that they are dealing with a record volumes which is causing delays.

Lexxism

I've been on media blackout so didn't know there was an issue but I don't let technical difficulties get in the way of enjoying good games. Loved SotC despite it being clearly well beyond what the PS2 could handle.
Then I remember you have a Pro. You're fine.

Clive

I've been on media blackout so didn't know there was an issue but I don't let technical difficulties get in the way of enjoying good games. Loved SotC despite it being clearly well beyond what the PS2 could handle.

A minor issue and not frequent. Internet hyperbole as always. Enjoy one of the best games this gen and relax.

Am I the only one who's having such a hard time picking which to buy between a PS4 or XB1?
Last gen it was harder. PS3 had hard start.

Right now no contest. PS4 future game previews are pretty incredible.
I'm still waiting for that price drop though. Too pricey in canada, and deals are overall bad.

Amazon.ca absolutely sucks for TV's....Amazon themselves hardly carry any, and the ones they do arent great. Then third party sellers prices are fucking ridiculous...$1399 for a TV that is $999 at BestBuy....

I'm still waiting for that price drop though. Too pricey in canada, and deals are overall bad.

I wish Sony would come out with a different bundle than the one with Uncharted 4.

What would be a good game, you guys think?

farisr

So I'm kinda torn on what to do here. Was playing ffxv last week, played about 24 hours but had to stop on Friday due to a busy weekend. Really into it. But I ditched a watch dogs 2 playthrough to start that which I was enjoying (but not even close to how much I was enjoying ffxv).

And now last guardian has shown up as well.

Wondering if I should just get through watch dogs, and sell it while I can still get a good price for it if I dont like it enough to keep. Then play through last guardian which will take 10-12 hours. And then come back to ffxv which is gonna last me a long time.

Or if I should continue on with ffxv and forget about the other two games for a while.

Porkepik

Yipee , TLG just arrived,..by intelcom..
Decisions decisions, Play that, the VR mission of star wars battlefront or go to girlfriend's home where she is waiting for me (in lingerie hopefully).......aaargh

Edit: yeah sometimes life is too good :)

Edit 2: Guess I found the right solution to sample the three but it involves being a zombie at work tomorrow

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Decisions decisions, Play that, the VR mission of star wars battlefront or go to girlfriend's home where she is waiting for me (in lingerie hopefully).......aaargh
Scuuuuuuuuuuuse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DVCY201

Edit: yeah sometimes life is too good :)

Edit 2: Guess I found the right solution to sample the three but it involves being a zombie at work tomorrow

If you don't go to your girlfriend, I'll go. I can take the time to show her how far gaming has come

Am I the only one who's having such a hard time picking which to buy between a PS4 or XB1?

Tough call. My XB1 has had by far more use but IMO PS4 has more going for it over the next 2 years. That TLOU 2 announcement...yeaaaaaah!

Plus the pro is a nice added bonus.

That XB1 controller is top tier though, as is Live's network, and media features (especially as a canadian).

Decisions decisions...

Is Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton rare now or something? I got it for $30 today (used but v good condition) and looking at the prices online I feel like I dodged a bullet, bigtime.

Savitar

Amazon.ca absolutely sucks for TV's....Amazon themselves hardly carry any, and the ones they do arent great. Then third party sellers prices are fucking ridiculous...$1399 for a TV that is $999 at BestBuy....

This holds true for a lot of things they carry, I can't remember the times I went to look for something and found out there were only third party sellers who were selling an item for absurd price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom