• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

If I was interested in any X1 exclusive i would have been all over this deal but sadly it's not worth it for me.

Also how do I write in colors ? lol

Sealtest

that's finally in the price i'd pay for an xbox one.. but I've already spent all my extra money for this month on gifts :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Under 20 remaining. Act fast if you're interested people.

Ill pass already got a lot of games on PS4 Pro.

Ventara

Picked one up, though Ill have to look into it before deciding to keep it or not. Haven't bothered looking at the X1 library prior to this at all. But if I can play some exclusives and some old X360 games without having to be online or download huge patches, I think I'll keep it.

bryt

Is there even any point in getting an X1 if I got a good PC? Aren't all XONE exclusives coming to PC in the future?

Clive

Is there even any point in getting an X1 if I got a good PC? Aren't all XONE exclusives coming to PC in the future?

Limited Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay pretty much. It's part of Microsoft's strategy to launch everything both on X1 and Windows 10 and they will do so for all future first party games.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
Well, Amazon just cancelled a $20 copy of Yo Kai Watch ordered back in October.

Can't complain too much, they gave me a $5 credit and I have no time to play it right now anyways with FFXV and The Last Guardian here.

explodet

With Last Guardian received, I now can take a 7-week breather from shipping shenanigans until Resident Evil 7 / Yakuza 0 hits.

Bring on the Steam winter sale.

UberTag

Yeah January 20-24 will be crazy with DQ7, GR2, KH 2.8, RE7, Tales of Berseria and Yakuza 0...
It strikes me as absurdly ridiculous that all of these titles elected to cannibalize one another when they all sort of appeal to the same demographic of hardcore gamer enthusiast that enjoys Japanese-developed titles. RE7 has the mainstream pull to circumvent that but these other games really don't.

Random question for all the Toronto/commuter Gaffers:

I'm going to the Leafs vs. Wild game tonight at the ACC. What's the best option for parking?

Is it just easier to drive to the Go Train or subway station outside of town and park? I really hate downtown driving so I'd REALLY prefer to not park near the ACC :/.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Entropia

No One Remembers

I'm going to the Leafs vs. Wild game tonight at the ACC. What's the best option for parking?

Is it just easier to drive to the Go Train or subway station outside of town and park? I really hate downtown driving so I'd REALLY prefer to to park near the ACC :/.

Where are you coming in from?

This might be a question best for TO Gaf.

I used to park up at Yorkdale (but I hear they are cracking down on that?)

Could also park out at Islington station and subway in.

RS4-

Is it just easier to drive to the Go Train or subway station outside of town and park? I really hate downtown driving so I'd REALLY prefer to not park near the ACC :/.

Subway station or mall depending on which one you're close to. Fairview if you're near there.

And OCD banned?

Where are you coming in from?

This might be a question best for TO Gaf.

I used to park up at Yorkdale (but I hear they are cracking down on that?)

Could also park out at Islington station and subway in.

Just posted in Toronto Gaff, thanks for the tip!

I'm coming from Guelph. Would I have any problems with leaving my car at the Islington station?

Subway station or mall depending on which one you're close to. Fairview if you're near there.

And OCD banned?

Any suggestions on a subway station coming in from Guelph?

antibolo

Banned
Thread does feel different without stan_marsh and Chewie.

Did Chewie get permabanned? This is the first time I see an account get stripped off of their username.

mf.luder

I'm coming from Guelph. Would I have any problems with leaving my car at the Islington station?

I'm from Niagara and I take the go train from Burlington. Lots of parking, no downtown TO bullshit.

Tapejara

Hope Chewie (and stan, but I assume he wasn't) isn't/didn't do anything to get perm'd. Really strange that his username got stripped though.

BTails

Anyone else bought PS4 Pro at launch and did not get the free 10$ for PSN?

I didn't receive it either. Activated the Pro as my primary PS4 on launch day, after restoring from a backup of my previous launch day vanilla PS4.

Maybe they're not giving me my $10 because I still have PT? Haha.

Oneself

I didn't receive it either. Activated the Pro as my primary PS4 on launch day, after restoring from a backup of my previous launch day vanilla PS4.

Same here. It sucks TBH. 10$ ain't much but seeing everyone get one is a bit frustrating.

explodet

It strikes me as absurdly ridiculous that all of these titles elected to cannibalize one another when they all sort of appeal to the same demographic of hardcore gamer enthusiast that enjoys Japanese-developed titles. RE7 has the mainstream pull to circumvent that but these other games really don't.
Maybe publishers found that the hardcore gamers buy year round and didn't want their titles steamrolled by this year's October/November big-ticket shooters. Or maybe unavoidable delays happened like almost every dang game this gen. I dunno.

At least it gives gamers an excuse to use up any gift cards they received over the holidays.

Yeah. Me. i think there are a lot of us.

...I didn't even know that was a thing haha.

Ok, thanks for all the replies! I was not sure because there was a day recently where a bunch of people got it. Oh well, if it comes then fine, if not then it's just 10$. I planned to use it on FFXV season pass but with all that they announced today about adding contents to the original game, I don't even know if I want to start playing it now...

Dazzler

feel a bit bad for Chewie (without knowing what earned him the ban)

We all post a lot in this thread, but sometimes it felt like posting was actually therapeutic for the guy and helped him

bummer that's been taken away

RS4-

In that case, I leave it up to others that are in the area, I don't go down there. Both Kipling and Yorkdale are at least close to the 427 and 401 respectively.

killroy87

Oh yeah, I just realized Chewie hasn't been posting. Weird that the username is gone, I've never seen that before. Maybe he asked to be banned? That's happened before, I think. I can't imagine why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom