• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

As said previous, CDJapan is great.

Got the KH1.5 & 2.5 OST from them.
... should get that recent Zelda Anniversary OST...

srst

CD Japan is good but I prefer Amazon JP because they're lighting fast and better stocked. Plus I never get dinged with DHL brokerage fee (YMMV).

Anyone know where I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for cheap? Everywhere I check seems to be upselling it like crazy

Just paid $50 at a local game shop, new sealed. On the rare occassion you find even a used copy, prepare to pay $40-$45 minimum. (EB is $35 plus tax I think?)

Ebay from canadian sellers can be found as low as $55.

Anyone know where I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for cheap? Everywhere I check seems to be upselling it like crazy

MyNintendo has a 15% off discount from now until the end of December. It's $44.99 on the eshop so:

$44.99 - 15% = $38.24

Compared to the price of physical copies out there it isn't that bad of a deal.

Sober

Ordered a white Xbox One controller on Black Friday for my PC, so I got a 10ft USB cable to go along with it. White controller was temporarily out of stock so the cable shipped first.

What do I find today, but the controller shipped a few days later and arrived sooner.

/canadapost

Also speaking of BF, I ordered a GTX1060 from NCIX during their pre-BF sales and the damn thing is still on back order. Hoping to still get it before/during the Steam Winter sale so I can justify buying all the new stuff like DOOM and Hitman.

ohlawd

It is legit, I bought my My Hero Academia OST from them, they shipped super fast.

They're legit, I use them all the time. Great packaging too, I prefer them over amiami.

Although, if you want it fast Amazon.jp is usually the quickest. You may pay a bit in customs but usually gets made up for in the cheape price for shipping and the product itself, so definitely shop around a little bit if you can

Used them several times to import manga. 100% legit.
oh my bad. I meant if I was gonna be screwed upside down when they deliver my shit and I'm hit with like $50 customs lol. looks like there's a bunch of shipping options again like amiami. probably the same outcome. thanks, everyone

I'm on a time limit (end of this month) so it looks like I'm gonna go with Amazon Japan. goodbye $50

poodpick

Thanks, but what others are saying here, the input lag is a deal breaker.

Do these tv get patches to fix that? Is that possible?

Apparently they're working on a patch, that may possibly be out for beta testers, that reduces the lag to ~40ms. Which is still pretty high, but not unbearable. Next years models will be much better - at full price until next holiday.

CD Japan is good but I prefer Amazon JP because they're lighting fast and better stocked. Plus I never get dinged with DHL brokerage fee (YMMV).

I've definitely found stuff at CDJapan that wasn't on Amazon.co.jp, so I think it more depends on what you're looking for. I shop at both.

One thing to watch with Amazon.co.jp: make sure you're paying the import duties upfront if you're buying a new CD. This will happen automatically if you're buying direct from Amazon, but NOT if you buy from one of the marketplace sellers that ships via Amazon. If it's a used product, it seems to go through without charges, but DO NOT buy a new CD from a marketplace seller unless you have no other choice. I got dinged recently for a CD I bought new several months ago to the tune of $16, which is on top of $40 for the CD plus shipping. Not only was the charge ridiculous, but the several months delay meant I didn't even know why I was being charged until I looked through my Amazon history and figured out exactly what was going on.

Totally unrelated: DHL can go screw themselves.

soultron

Banned
I want to pick up a pair of 2DS systems with the new Pokemon games for my nephew. Turns out every retailer is out of stock? WTF is wrong with Nintendo and not being able to keep shit stocked when you want it?

Returners

How was Canada Computers' sale on Black Friday? Was it site wide percent? Looking at upgrading RAM but not sure if I should wait for Boxing.

CRA5H

- Receives 30% off birthday coupon from Nintendo for the EShop
- Gets excited to buy Pokemon Moon
- Clicks the link to find 14 old games that are discounted 30%
- Crying ensues

Happy birthday to me eh Nintendo?

Entropia

No One Remembers
- Crying ensues

Yeah I Just saw that too... the titles offered were mostly underwhelming.

How was Canada Computers' sale on Black Friday? Was it site wide percent? Looking at upgrading RAM but not sure if I should wait for Boxing.

They were alright. No matter what, I'd wait till boxing day right now.

Mupod

I was planning a new build on Black Friday and ended up getting everything at NCIX. Canada Computers had the 6700k for $370 and that's about all I found interesting (NCIX had that price too).

BadWolf

The site says TLG will ship today.

If it comes tomorrow then this will be the second game in row (along with FFXV) which will be delivered on release day despite free shipping, go Amazon.

hiim_haz

Banned
- Crying ensues

I got that same email, I own most of those games already.

Bleh.

The site says TLG will ship today.

If it comes tomorrow then this will be the second game in row (along with FFXV) which will be delivered on release day despite free shipping, go Amazon.

I've got the exact opposite experience! Amazon waited until TLG's release to finally ship me FFXV with it.

suikodan

I must have a good karma with Amazon since I'm not Prime anymore and I've been getting my games between -1 to +1 day of release.

I'm waiting for TLG today for example.

imBask

Banned
I must have a good karma with Amazon since I'm not Prime anymore and I've been getting my games between -1 to +1 day of release.

I'm waiting for TLG today for example.

This thread has the highest horror-stories ratio of all time, I don't think you're special, they are.

Dazzler

hope nobody is waiting on packages in Vancouver, city doing its usual shut down when a little snow falls

Had to walk to work this morning as all the buses had stopped

Ryde3

I'm super annoyed! The LG B6 I ordered from Best Buy Nov. 30th received a scheduled delivery date of Dec. 20th, which just sounded outrageous to me.

I reply to the initial e-mail, and then called their support... The phone calls were really frustrating and got me nowhere but the next day my quick e-mail got a response saying they moved it to the 10th.

That's better, but still, seems a little ridiculous. I can't believe they think it's acceptable to deliver an item 3+ weeks later.

Renewed

Apparently I didn't order TLG but maybe that's ok. I don't need to play a game just for legacy's sake. Nier Automata SE is too much for me...

Crazy everyone's Amazon order is taking so long. My copy of TLG is "Out for delivery" today. In Calgary BTW.

Also looking to sell my PSVR. Do you guys think $600 firm for PSVR Headset, camera, Rigs and Robinson is too much? Gotten a few snarky replies already about my firm price. I'm kind of surprised. This includes all original boxes and receipts, etc.

Dazzler

Crazy everyone's Amazon order is taking so long. My copy of TLG is "Out for delivery" today. In Calgary BTW.

Also looking to sell my PSVR. Do you guys think $600 firm for PSVR Headset, camera, Rigs and Robinson is too much? Gotten a few snarky replies already about my firm price. I'm kind of surprised. This includes all original boxes and receipts, etc.

Are you familiar with the term negging? Pick up artists often try to lower a girl's self esteem by insulting their looks to try make them easier to pick up. Your PSVR is being negged

Your price is perfectly fair

Lexxism

I'm super annoyed! The LG B6 I ordered from Best Buy Nov. 30th received a scheduled delivery date of Dec. 20th, which just sounded outrageous to me.

I reply to the initial e-mail, and then called their support... The phone calls were really frustrating and got me nowhere but the next day my quick e-mail got a response saying they moved it to the 10th.

That's better, but still, seems a little ridiculous. I can't believe they think it's acceptable to deliver an item 3+ weeks later.
I ordered on Black Friday and got an email that says it will be delivered on Dec 12. I called immediately and asked for an early delivery. No dice. Just cancelled the order. Good thing it became available for ISPU on Sunday morning and pick it up in the afternoon. I really loved the TV. Plus there's going to be an update for input lag which will follow starting tomorrow.

Hereafter

My orders have been fine but I have been using the free amazon prime trial. Are you using the free standard shipping?

soultron

Banned

What? That seems like a fantastic price.

RS4-

Apparently I didn't order TLG but maybe that's ok. I don't need to play a game just for legacy's sake. Nier Automata SE is too much for me...

I thought I did with XV unless I cancelled the whole order. Was gonna cancel anyway, will wait for sale. Not excited about the ugly FPS situation.

Are you familiar with the term negging? Pick up artists often try to lower a girl's self esteem by insulting their looks to try make them easier to pick up. Your PSVR is being negged

Your price is perfectly fair

I ordered on Black Friday and got an email that says it will be delivered on Dec 12. I called immediately and asked for an early delivery. No dice. Just cancelled the order. Good thing it became available for ISPU on Sunday morning and pick it up in the afternoon. I really loved the TV. Plus there's going to be an update for input lag which will follow starting tomorrow.

What? That seems like a fantastic price.

Thanks for the reply, guys. Yeah I figured this was just nonsense. I try to keep my prices fair for quick sale.

My orders have been fine but I have been using the free amazon prime trial. Are you using the free standard shipping?

Sorry for not mentioning, I am a Prime member.

Sell me your PSVR. I'm a nice guy, really!

Hehehe

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bestbuy updated the Chromecast I ordered from not having shipped it to

"Delivered Wednesday Dec. 7"

errr

Vinc

TLG has shipped from Amazon with Canada Post but it says guaranteed delivery date of Wednesday. I've never had a game ship this early AND take two days to get here, so I'm still hoping it comes tomorrow. But then again, it usually gets the guaranteed delivery date right... is Canada Post much slower these days somehow? This is flexdelivery, shipping directly to post office.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TLG has shipped from Amazon with Canada Post but it says guaranteed delivery date of Wednesday. I've never had a game ship this early AND take two days to get here, so I'm still hoping it comes tomorrow. But then again, it usually gets the guaranteed delivery date right... is Canada Post much slower these days somehow? This is flexdelivery, shipping directly to post office.
I'm going to assume it's volume. I've had stuff come a day later too. At least you can complain and get some credit or whatever.

TLG, and dead rising in hand and installing, fucking 11gb patch for dead rising god dammit capcom the install is only 36 gigs your patch should not be 1/3 of the game

Also kek TLG is only 13 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom