• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's completely unrelated.
When they first started adding the episodes to my library, I changed that setting and haven't gotten anything since.

Maybe they just didn't attempt to add any more after I deleted the first few, but the Featured Content setting seemed to be the go-to solution in the PSN thread.

N° 2048

Content that's added to your library isn't downloaded. Those are two separate steps.

No.

"Most interestingly, Featured Content will now automatically download while the PS4 is either on, or in standby mode"

"The promotion is part of the PS4's "personalized, curated content," as described on PlayStation's official website.

The PS4 system has the ability to learn about your preferences. It will learn your likes and dislikes, allowing you to discover content pre-loaded and ready to go on your console in your favorite game genres or by your favorite creators."

From the PS4 home screen, go to Settings > scroll down to System > select Automatic Downloads > uncheck Featured Content

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh ya I remember when the PS4 automatically downloaded the Destiny trial one night, fucking thing wasted 20GB of my unlimited bandwidth all on its own.
Fucking Sony, man.

I've been playing final fantasy xv non stop to the point that I had to force myself to turn it off and go outside. I haven't been been this enthralled in a game (not the story, rather, the joy of having someone drive me around and taking in the sights) in lord knows how long. So glad I got this on the discounted price from Amazon.

keakster

Question for TorontoGAF - Has anyone seen any New 3DS cover plates in store?

I know that EB/BestBuy/ToysRus don't stock them, but I was thinking of Dragon City (Spadina) or even Pacific Mall as possibilities?

Trying to find a spot to browse a bit, that hopefully isn't affected by the huge spike in online prices for the things

khaaan

Anybody got recommendations on a USB charger for 3DS? I took my 3DS charger and an outlet converter but the charger isn't working. I know it was fine the day I left and I can't think of anything that would have damaged it during the trip...but I guess I'm still going to need a more universal solution whether the charger is working or not.

PSN decided that I bought everything concerning the "Powers" series. It's 5 page of stuff on the account website under "Media"... I did not receive a e-mail about purchasing it and I have 2-steps on. Um...

Ah yes, more clutter is exactly what I needed in my PSN download list.

Question for TorontoGAF - Has anyone seen any New 3DS cover plates in store?

I know that EB/BestBuy/ToysRus don't stock them, but I was thinking of Dragon City (Spadina) or even Pacific Mall as possibilities?

Trying to find a spot to browse a bit, that hopefully isn't affected by the huge spike in online prices for the things

Everyone tells me to simply order online.

PM had some last I was there, 3 months ago, but I would imagine prices are just as high as online.

shezbot

Ohhhhh I am soooo pissed off! My Bell PVR crashed and I restarted it the same way I always do when it happens. It thought it would be a good idea to wipe my entire HD. Everything is gone, like 75 hours of stuff that I kept for different reasons. However, it still remembers all my settings like my scheduled stuff for recording. Bell loyalty will hear from me on Monday, tired of this stupid box acting up!

My HDD got corrupted. I couldn't even pause TV (First World problems right). Thankfully it was under warranty, but I lost everything on the drive too.

keakster

Everyone tells me to simply order online.

PM had some last I was there, 3 months ago, but I would imagine prices are just as high as online.

Yeah that's what I may end up doing. Hopefully after the hype of the black Friday deal dies down a bit prices will return to normal. Even Nintendo's site charges more for the better looking face plates!

kaiyo

Not surprising, many people who are casually into picking up new releases (ie. not shopping around like we do, because online is the way to go there) annecdotally tend to just go to EB Games to buy full-price since they know the games are there rather than Best Buy. I think big game displays are going to go away in the next couple years, especially since they (apparently) make little money on games in the first place.
Even ebgames are downsizing the video games, last time i past by a eb one side of the wall was all Funko pop, console games were on the other side maybe 1/3 of the Funko pop wall.

N° 2048

Cheap digital games please.

I noticed a lot of pre-orders (all the ones under PSX in Sony Store) were 59.99 yesterday but today they are 79.99..

This has been a long time running "glitch" in the store. Heads up.

23qwerty

Do any stores carry Vanilla Coke anymore? It's like they had their initial run and then bailed out again!
Unless things are different out east the cherry and vanilla coke bottles are done for the year. We've started to get 24pk cans of cherry coke in stores now which is nice value compared to the 500ml bottles.

NEW DEAL

Taken from the Naughty Dog website: http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_the_lost_legacy_announced_coming_in_2017

If you picked up the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack, you’ll get The Lost Legacy as a download at launch. Both versions will only be available until December 13, so don’t miss your chance to get Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy at an amazing value.

So basically the Explorers Pack, which includes the Lost Legacy DLC/standalone and multiplayer coins for $24.99, is being removed on December 13. I'd wager that to get the Lost Legacy DLC/standalone in the future you're going to end up paying more just like with the Dying Light Season Pass and Fallout 4 Season Pass.

If you have any interest in getting the Lost Legacy it may be wise to order it now; rather than risk a price increase.

Link to Explorers Pack: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...:visit-playstation-store:ps-playstation-store

kevin1025

Banned
Unless things are different out east the cherry and vanilla coke bottles are done for the year. We've started to get 24pk cans of cherry coke in stores now which is nice value compared to the 500ml bottles.

Ah, maybe that's it! Thanks, hopefully the 24 packs of Vanilla Coke start to pop up in the new year.

BTails

FYI, Canada Post just delivered a package for my wife today (Sunday). We were out at the time, so the delivery person put it under our welcome mat as it's snowing in Calgary today, haha!

Amazon really shit the bed with FFXV. Sunday night and it still hasn't shipped so with The Last Guardian just two days away I was forced to cancel. I'm going to have a little chat with them tomorrow to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again.

jokkir

Anyone know where I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for cheap? Everywhere I check seems to be upselling it like crazy

Zeeman

Anyone know where I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for cheap? Everywhere I check seems to be upselling it like crazy

The cheapest, unless you get lucky on ebay or kijiji, would probably be digitally if you can take advantage of the My Nintendo 15% discount.

Mikey Jr.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any 4k/hdr tv's for a decent price in Canada for use on my ps4 pro?

Looking to get one for Christmas, but it seems like all tv's that get talked about on Gaf are from America. Canadian prices seem really stupid high.

Im not even looking for "deals". Just a decently priced tv.

poodpick

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any 4k/hdr tv's for a decent price in Canada for use on my ps4 pro?

Looking to get one for Christmas, but it seems like all tv's that get talked about on Gaf are from America. Canadian prices seem really stupid high.

Im not even looking for "deals". Just a decently priced tv.

What's your budget? This is a pretty good tv if you have a Costco membership Vizio P series

MrFlooD

Is this TV good? Does it have HDR? 1000 for this seems like a great deal.

Yes it had HDR and supports both HD10, and Dolby vision. Only real issue with this TV is the latency with 4K HDR.

Hoping 2017 versions fixes the latency. Than I'll jump into the 4k revolution.

Ah, I was wondering where they'd gone. I hadn't seen them at Walmart for a while now.

I was tempted to buy another, but wished I could just get a case of them instead of $2 bottles.

ohlawd

another customs question. I know amiami's legit. gonna stop beating that dead horse

how about that cdjapan tho. gonna be importing two CDs. it's about 35 bucks before shipping.

another customs question. I know amiami's legit. gonna stop beating that dead horse

how about that cdjapan tho. gonna be importing two CDs. it's about 35 bucks before shipping.

It is legit, I bought my My Hero Academia OST from them, they shipped super fast.

mdubs

Banned

They're legit, I use them all the time. Great packaging too, I prefer them over amiami.

Although, if you want it fast Amazon.jp is usually the quickest. You may pay a bit in customs but usually gets made up for in the cheape price for shipping and the product itself, so definitely shop around a little bit if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom