• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Thread does feel different without stan_marsh and Chewie.

Did Chewie get permabanned? This is the first time I see an account get stripped off of their username.

feel a bit bad for Chewie (without knowing what earned him the ban)

We all post a lot in this thread, but sometimes it felt like posting was actually therapeutic for the guy and helped him

bummer that's been taken away

Yeah, I saw for stan_marsh, but didn't know Chewie got banned. Feel for the guy. Hope it's not perma.

It's kinda weird, but this may be the first boxing day when I don't buy anything. Right now there's nothing I can think of that I want/need. Only thing would maybe be if we got a $10 the division like amazon USA had.

0270912cc4bb4809b72257bf571b10e1.png

sigh

Ondore

The last person I saw leave and get changed to a guest requested it, if I remember correctly. Sorry about Chewie though.

Any idea when the pre-orders for The Last of Us 2 and Crash Bandicoot will be up on Amazon? I want to secure that $63.99 Amazon Prime discount asap, or cheaper for Crash. I'm not feeling $55 on PSN.

Best wishes.

Maddog

Everyone knows his mental health was not great. No need to be a dick, is what i'm saying!

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to come across as a dick. I just found his posts annoying when trying to come here and find the latest deals and have to read about returning controllers or colouring books. I understand he had some issues and I legitimately hope he is okay without being able to post on GAF.

Lexxism

Any idea when the pre-orders for The Last of Us 2 and Crash Bandicoot will be up on Amazon? I want to secure that $63.99 Amazon Prime discount asap, or cheaper for Crash. I'm not feeling $55 on PSN.

Best wishes.
Why? It's not like you will lose the 20% discount.

jholmes

Just posted in Toronto Gaff, thanks for the tip!

I'm coming from Guelph. Would I have any problems with leaving my car at the Islington station?

Any suggestions on a subway station coming in from Guelph?

I would go to Kipling rather than Islington, bigger lots and easier access from the Gardiner. If you're getting there afternoon-ish or in the evening getting a spot should be easy but in the midday it can fill right up so be aware of that.

As mentioned before just using the Yorkdale lot is super easy from Guelph as it's right off the 401 but I can't speak to whether it's being enforced better lately. It's a huge lot so I doubt it, but it's a risk.

Also yeah, hope you're doing rad out there Chewie.

eyesradar

With Last Guardian received, I now can take a 7-week breather from shipping shenanigans until Resident Evil 7 / Yakuza 0 hits.

Bring on the Steam winter sale.

Totally...stuck with my Pokemon games for now. Still have FFXV and TLG to burn through during this coming X'mas. And then Jan 2017 onward would be crazy again...all the way till NS.

SO MUCH HYPE.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just posted in Toronto Gaff, thanks for the tip!

I'm coming from Guelph. Would I have any problems with leaving my car at the Islington station?

Any suggestions on a subway station coming in from Guelph?
You would find a parking lot in the West end (Kipling and that area), but I'm not sure if there are parking lots out there (other than the airport, I suppose). But I mean, you can just get right on the Gardiner and basically stop right outside the ACC if you drive all the way. There'd be like 5 minutes of "downtown" driving, compared to half an hour on the TTC.

If all of Chewie's posts are gone, I assume he asked to be deleted.

Dazzler

Well, to be fair, he did use this thread as his 'Dear diary'

Was a little rough though.

I mean if it helped the guy out then more power to him.

Anything that helps a person with their mental health is super important. We're all fighting battles here, least you can do is suck it up and not pass comment

Quick

Banned
Chewie was a frequent poster in the NHL-GAF threads, and I'll echo what I said there: I hope that, should this actually be a requested ban and account nuking, it's his first step to helping himself or getting help.

I also hope that posting on GAF in general was in some way therapeutic and helpful for him. Ultimately, this thread probably doesn't help with what seems to be uncontrollable spending and his OCD.

Good luck Chewie.

antibolo

Banned
I left GAF (no ban, just logged out) for more than a year when my depression was at its worst. Hopefully Chewie left for similar reasons, and that this will also do him good.

Renewed

You were also required to preorder Knack 2 before it was announced at PSX through the secret alchemy circle.

It seems more like a $10 credit for people that bought a PS4 Pro or Slim and even then it's random.

Aske

I also haven't received the $10 for buying a Pro.

... However, I did get $50 store credit from Microsoft in my email today! Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition is downloading as I type. This was the $50 that was part of the MS Store Black Friday Xbone S promo, so anyone else who was waiting for it to materialise, check your email. I just used it on a $50 Xbox Store code - instant purchase from the MS Store.

Love that a single bundle delivered all the Xclusives (Xbone exclusives, keep up) I cared about in one package. Both Gears games and now KI are all playable on my new UHD Blu-ray player. Really looking forward to Scalebound too. Is Sunset Overdrive worth picking up? It's $15 on Amazon right now, although I'd need to sign up for a Prime Trial to get it for that price.

I also haven't received the $10 for buying a Pro.

... However, I did get $50 store credit from Microsoft in my email today! Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition is downloading as I type. This was the $50 that was part of the MS Store Black Friday Xbone S promo, so anyone else who was waiting for it to materialise, check your email. I just used it on a $50 Xbox Store code - instant purchase from the MS Store.

Love that a single bundle delivered all the Xclusives (Xbone exclusives, keep up) I cared about in one package. Both Gears games and now KI are all playable on my new UHD Blu-ray player. Really looking forward to Scalebound too. Is Sunset Overdrive worth picking up? It's $15 on Amazon right now, although I'd need to sign up for a Prime Trial to get it for that price.

Sunset is still my favorite game of this gen. Totally worth it!!!!

Clive

What's the cheapest price for 1 tb ps4 hdd

I bought thev2 the seagate one but want to return it. Just spent too much money this month. $102 for it

I don't even really need that much room

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the cheapest price for 1 tb ps4 hdd

I bought thev2 the seagate one but want to return it. Just spent too much money this month. $102 for it

I don't even really need that much room
The Seagate drive goes on sale once in a while for like 60 bucks at Bestbuy. That's the cheapest option - cheaper than OEM anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom