• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well, to be fair, he did use this thread as his 'Dear diary'

As opposed to every other poster whining about their shipping status?

Lets face it most of us have vented in this thread before, he was just a lot more prominent due to being so open about his mental health issues.

Tracking says it was delivered to a community mailbox.

It's here!

I'm currently setting it up, so here's some bad photos to make due with.
RulZOrX.jpg

rmLIgs9.jpg

SickBoy

Regarding Chewie, I never minded his posts, in large part because he put his OCD out there, front and centre. I think a lot of people have some degree of OCD (myself included) and therefore some empathy for his obviously quite challenging case.

But on more than one occasion I worried that the forum, and maybe this thread especially, may not have been good for him... because they gave him another platform on which he could obsess over stuff and then occasionally people would engage him about it (perhaps validating his obsessive thoughts).

Anyway, I hope the best for him and I hope being off the forum is helpful, whether it was his choice or not (and based on the circumstances, I'm guessing it was).

EDIT: Also, sorry for continuing the semi off-topic conversation. I haven't noticed any deals that haven't been posted recently, though I did nearly buy Recore, even though I'm pretty sure it's not for me. (Also, Overcooked for $18 on PSN seems like a decent deal, probably going to pull that trigger).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's here!

I'm currently setting it up, so here's some bad photos to make due with.

My friend showed me his the other day and it looks gorgeous... Until you actually open it up and see the tiny ass screens... At least they looked tiny next to my XL.

(Also, Overcooked for $18 on PSN seems like a decent deal, probably going to pull that trigger).
A really good deal is Crypt of the Necrodancer for PS4 and Vita for $4.94 with PS Plus (7.49 for normal members i believe).

No idea if the game is cross save though.

My friend showed me his the other day and it looks gorgeous... Until you actually open it up and see the tiny ass screens... At least they looked tiny next to my XL.

I'm really loving it so far, the screen size doesn't seem too small. But I remember finding the original 3DS tiny versus my regular XL so it's probably a comparison thing.

Hey guys, friend of Chewie’s here. He didn’t get banned. The TL:DR is that he wanted to just take a break for a bit, thought he was posting a bit more than he should. He’s still lurking around and definitely appreciates the well wishes.

BTails

Hey guys, friend of Chewie’s here. He didn’t get banned. The TL:DR is that he wanted to just take a break for a bit, thought he was posting a bit more than he should. He’s still lurking around and definitely appreciates the well wishes.

Good to hear! Though, hopefully no controller sale deals get posted any time soon...

SickBoy

A really good deal is Crypt of the Necrodancer for PS4 and Vita for $4.94 with PS Plus (7.49 for normal members i believe).

No idea if the game is cross save though.

Yeah, I was wondering about that... pixel-arty roguelike doesn't really sell me on a game, but "rhythm game" certainly does. For that price, it's probably the other game I'll get from the sale this week. Wish Sony would send me one of those free $10 credits that so many other PS4 Pro owners seem to be getting :)

Tapejara

Ah, good to hear. Hope he's doing well.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Come on Chewie, you don't need no ban to keep you from posting, you're stronger than that. Write your own rules.

Aske

Sunset is still my favorite game of this gen. Totally worth it!!!!

Haven't played it yet but Sunset Overdrive is $9.96 at The Source. I'm pretty sure they have free shipping to your closest store if you're near one. That way you can save a few dollars and use the Prime trial for something else.

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gamin...mes/sunset-overdrive-for-xbox-one/p/108028269

Fantastic game.

The traversal is so much fun.

Bought! Many thanks for the tip about The Source, Clive - that's a sweet deal I'd have completely missed, and my local store is only two blocks away. Perfect!

Sealtest

Anyone know a good place besides ebay for importing a used JP 3ds or even a 2ds.

I have a few JP games I bought awhile ago and i'd rather buy a 3ds/2ds then hack my Pikachu 3ds.

antibolo

Banned

Hang in there Chewie!

Hilti92

Has anyone traded in a PS4 to Gamestop before? Might do it to upgrade my PS4 because I feel it may not last after another year or so. I bought it used and the controller thumb grips have the rubber worn off and the HDMI cord isn't the official PS4 one. Does any of that matter, will they still accept trade?

What are the chances we'll get really good boxing day deals on graphic cards? I'm looking into getting a sub $200 budget card for my old PC.

Bronetta

Has anyone traded in a PS4 to Gamestop before? Might do it to upgrade my PS4 because I feel it may not last after another year or so. I bought it used and the controller thumb grips have the rubber worn off and the HDMI cord isn't the official PS4 one. Does any of that matter, will they still accept trade?

EB Games will give you $200 for your PS4 if you trade it towards a Pro. Check their recycled page.

AzerPhire

Even with a non Sony HDMI and a controller with no rubber on the analog nubs?

Doesn't matter what kind of HMDI cable but they would need a controller in working order. If it looks too beat up they might refuse. You could always tell them to take the controller out of the Pro box and use that for the trade while you keep your no-rubber controller.

1a9023a9a31d4b6eb8aa75861ae46c3d.png

another day another disappointment

order was suppose to arrive on december 5, would have been earlier if they didnt take 4 days to "ship" the orderr

killroy87

I ordered a bunch of stuff from EB Games during the Black Friday sale (on black friday exactly), and they sent me a shipping confirmation but the space where there should be a tracking number was empty, and it hasn't arrived yet. Assuming the package went out when they said (last monday, so like ten days ago), it rarely ever takes this long for something to arrive.

Is anyone else experiencing similar shipping times from EB Games?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from EB Games during the Black Friday sale (on black friday exactly), and they sent me a shipping confirmation but the space where there should be a tracking number was empty, and it hasn't arrived yet. Assuming the package went out when they said (last monday, so like ten days ago), it rarely ever takes this long for something to arrive.

Is anyone else experiencing similar shipping times from EB Games?

EB Games is usually 1-day delivery.

mf.luder

Bought a refurb Apple TV and expected delivery was tomorrow. I log into my iOS delivery app (great app) and it says complication "customer not home or business closed". I run to the door and see the tag on my window.

I'm on nights so I was sleeping during the day and wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

Damn you FedEx for working too fast!

Since the most game releases are done for the year I'm looking at buying something else: Magic the Gathering cards.

Do you guys know the best place to buy online in Canada?

My replacement TLG: CE arrived from amazon, and its in even worse shape than the first one. I ended up getting a partial refund from them for the trouble, which was nice considering its hefty price tag, but still, I'm starting to think that most of the ones that amazon got were in somewhat rough shape to begin with.

I also asked the CSR about Birthdays: The Beginning Limited Edition not having the 20% pre-order discount. they said it should pop on for existing pre-orders within 3-5 days.

My replacement TLG: CE arrived from amazon, and its in even worse shape than the first one. I ended up getting a partial refund from them for the trouble, which was nice considering its hefty price tag, but still, I'm starting to think that most of the ones that amazon got were in somewhat rough shape to begin with.

Were there many cases of bad packaging? Quite relieved I cancelled my order altogether.

killroy87

Just got this email from EB Games. The PS4 deal is incredibly good (way better than the Xbox deal), if you happened to be looking to go from PS4 old to Slim. That selection of free games is really good.

FmklujuBTfoHGt0JCyX6JYy9YtjG0KbcdAbZsx88d4l6OJq00PfZ4uHjcCHIa25tZNkKSihZ2Oj90zvL0BrDkKm0sgYfc2uq4ejhlujrAJJq3G2SSw_hcUhgup6uNfrsJk8VdjvTo5lS9tTiG0UN8zYKIPfu0FI7wIPqaYMsssOJNantytuZFMxDrXUUmAEEKUpemDaiQGeZ5Q=s0-d-e1-ft

-U3RmwRpBO9RNe8yOIg8_T1Pxwu2HqaiXuE7byCauxOaBvHZfE0iNFe1ihGWk2peRUWrcG3BTEdG_Z_MIpLBEqiu6HjoKy9ywlCmYIBUG2n7QGar_k-q6rpz6I5ggWDcR99YkHFi2bvaSVUf1JHZovBHBbIRq5h7UTMcNEuS2X6ctGfl44DQOg6FF41izAvKTpBRlQ76mGfa0w=s0-d-e1-ft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom