• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

23qwerty

That ps4 trade in deal is insane wtf
Pay $100 to trade an old console for a brand new one plus over $100 worth of games. crazy.

mf.luder

That ps4 trade in deal is insane wtf
Pay $100 to trade an old console for a brand new one plus over $100 worth of games. crazy.

Damn, I think I'm going to upgrade to the slim.

Question, can I pull my 2TB HDD from my current PS4 and just jam it in the slim? Or does there need to be formatting and everything?

e8863e551fa7403090ec4cce46a03ad8.png
what shows when you try to cancel

23qwerty

Damn, I think I'm going to upgrade to the slim.

Question, can I pull my 2TB HDD from my current PS4 and just jam it in the slim? Or does there need to be formatting and everything?
I think it has to be formatted, but I think EBGames let's you keep your ps4 for 48 hours in order to do a system transfer?
Wait nevermind that wouldn't work

Just got this email from EB Games. The PS4 deal is incredibly good (way better than the Xbox deal), if you happened to be looking to go from PS4 old to Slim. That selection of free games is really good.

FmklujuBTfoHGt0JCyX6JYy9YtjG0KbcdAbZsx88d4l6OJq00PfZ4uHjcCHIa25tZNkKSihZ2Oj90zvL0BrDkKm0sgYfc2uq4ejhlujrAJJq3G2SSw_hcUhgup6uNfrsJk8VdjvTo5lS9tTiG0UN8zYKIPfu0FI7wIPqaYMsssOJNantytuZFMxDrXUUmAEEKUpemDaiQGeZ5Q=s0-d-e1-ft

-U3RmwRpBO9RNe8yOIg8_T1Pxwu2HqaiXuE7byCauxOaBvHZfE0iNFe1ihGWk2peRUWrcG3BTEdG_Z_MIpLBEqiu6HjoKy9ywlCmYIBUG2n7QGar_k-q6rpz6I5ggWDcR99YkHFi2bvaSVUf1JHZovBHBbIRq5h7UTMcNEuS2X6ctGfl44DQOg6FF41izAvKTpBRlQ76mGfa0w=s0-d-e1-ft

I wonder if I could get someone to trade WD2 for FFXV. Would make that deal worthwhile for me.

Edit: Do you need to do a system transfer or is that only if you don't want to download everything again?

RS4-

I tried to view games and the raptors game is blacked out in my area.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry
I think it's a black out if you're in Canada which is typical of these things; same thing happens in NHL.. more lol when it's a local black out.

edit - even if the league pass is for the whole year, you'll still run into the occasional blacked out game. I think TNT and ABC shit.

mf.luder

I think it has to be formatted, but I think EBGames let's you keep your ps4 for 48 hours in order to do a system transfer?

I have a 2TB hdd in my ps4 right now. I have the old 500GB hdd just sitting on my shelf.

Can I pull my 2TB out, put the 500GB in and then just put the 2TB in the Slim?

It's already formatted "for PS4" just not that model.

Just got this email from EB Games. The PS4 deal is incredibly good (way better than the Xbox deal), if you happened to be looking to go from PS4 old to Slim. That selection of free games is really good.

FmklujuBTfoHGt0JCyX6JYy9YtjG0KbcdAbZsx88d4l6OJq00PfZ4uHjcCHIa25tZNkKSihZ2Oj90zvL0BrDkKm0sgYfc2uq4ejhlujrAJJq3G2SSw_hcUhgup6uNfrsJk8VdjvTo5lS9tTiG0UN8zYKIPfu0FI7wIPqaYMsssOJNantytuZFMxDrXUUmAEEKUpemDaiQGeZ5Q=s0-d-e1-ft

-U3RmwRpBO9RNe8yOIg8_T1Pxwu2HqaiXuE7byCauxOaBvHZfE0iNFe1ihGWk2peRUWrcG3BTEdG_Z_MIpLBEqiu6HjoKy9ywlCmYIBUG2n7QGar_k-q6rpz6I5ggWDcR99YkHFi2bvaSVUf1JHZovBHBbIRq5h7UTMcNEuS2X6ctGfl44DQOg6FF41izAvKTpBRlQ76mGfa0w=s0-d-e1-ft

... No I need to resist the PS4 Slim. Gonna save my money and hope for a decent PS4 Pro Bundle on Boxing Day

I think it's a black out if you're in Canada which is typical of these things; same thing happens in NHL.. more lol when it's a local black out.

edit - even if the league pass is for the whole year, you'll still run into the occasional blacked out game. I think TNT and ABC shit.

It's pretty silly to give a 2 day trial and not really list it as one if that turns out to be the case.

pr0cs

Would consider trading my ps4 but no white skin model exists. Would consider trading for xbone s but would rather just save the dough and reevaluate when Scorpio is fully announced

imBask

Banned
for that $99 deal : do you have to bring a controller back with your ps4?

otherwise that sounds kinda crazy, if you don't own uncharted 4 it's basically 2 fairly new games, a controller and some stuff for $99

23qwerty

for that $99 deal : do you have to bring a controller back with your ps4?

otherwise that sounds kinda crazy, if you don't own uncharted 4 it's basically 2 fairly new games, a controller and some stuff for $99

Yes you have to trade the controller and all cables with it

I have a 2TB hdd in my ps4 right now. I have the old 500GB hdd just sitting on my shelf.

Can I pull my 2TB out, put the 500GB in and then just put the 2TB in the Slim?

It's already formatted "for PS4" just not that model.
I'm pretty sure when you put a HDD in it gets formatted.

jokkir

Found a brand new Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for 60$. I feel like I should buy it as a collector's item or something before the prices jump really high

mf.luder

Yes you have to trade the controller and all cables with it

I'm pretty sure when you put a HDD in it gets formatted.

Darn, thanks. I'm backing up all my saves now. :D

Can't wait for tomorrow. I wanted uncharted 4 and a new dual shock. This deal alone is almost the price of a new dual shock.

a916

Some people think it's 2 days because the next billing date is on the 10th.

Dunno.

Would be hella sneaky if they gave you a 2 day trial and then charged full price on the 10th without asking you since you have to manually opt out...

RS4-

Would be hella sneaky if they gave you a 2 day trial and then charged full price on the 10th without asking you since you have to manually opt out...

They didn't take any payment info though. Unless they asked you lol.

a916

They didn't take any payment info though. Unless they asked you lol.

They did lol, so I cancelled, don't even watch basketball to justify that... NFL pass and we're talking lol.

NHL GCL is all I need (and even then it's frustrating sometimes)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How does the Xbox One handle external hard drives if I were to switch?

I'm assuming I couldn't just plug it into the Xbox One S and have all of my games available right away?

Draysoth

Edge platinum is 15 bucks... hrrrm! It seems worth it, I can upgrade my xbox and controller for what - 78 bucks? thats the tax on 100, plus the cost, plus the edge upgrade, minus the gift card. Who doesn't eat at at least one of those restaurants?

Moltenix

Yo, why is that XB1 trade-in deal so shitty compared to the PS4 one? I wouldn't mind upgrading my OG XB1 but doesn't look like there's a bundled game and a lame dining card instead of a free bonus game, seriously....

mf.luder

what trade in?

The EB games one listed above.

However, the website doesn't say anything about platinum members.

"Trade Up to New Hardware - PS4

Offer Ends December 15

Get a 500GB PlayStation 4 Slim Console, Uncharted 4, Biogenik Thumb Grips, and a select bonus game of your choice for only $99.99 when your trade your original PlayStation 4 500GB Console!*

Select bonus titles include the following, while supplies last:

- NBA 2K17 (PS4)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
- Mafia III (PS4)
- WWE 2K17 (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Overwatch Origins Edition (PS4)
- LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens (PS4)

December 9, 2016 to December 15, 2016. Offer valid on hardware normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers. Trade must be in full working condition. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time."

The EB games one listed above.

However, the website doesn't say anything about platinum members.

"Trade Up to New Hardware - PS4

Offer Ends December 15

Get a 500GB PlayStation 4 Slim Console, Uncharted 4, Biogenik Thumb Grips, and a select bonus game of your choice for only $99.99 when your trade your original PlayStation 4 500GB Console!*

Select bonus titles include the following, while supplies last:

- NBA 2K17 (PS4)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
- Mafia III (PS4)
- WWE 2K17 (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
- Overwatch Origins Edition (PS4)
- LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens (PS4)

December 9, 2016 to December 15, 2016. Offer valid on hardware normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers. Trade must be in full working condition. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time."

but where does the platinum requirement come from?

Mimosa97

That trade in requires Edge PLATINUM FYI...

Just called the closest EB games (downtown montreal) and the deal doesn't require the edge platinum.

Also he advised me to get overwatch as they're still selling it for 79.99$ and I could ask them to trade it for TLG for free if I didn't want the game.

Edit : shit it says on the flier that you need the edge platinum. I guess the guy must have missed it. Maybe if I go tomorrow early I might get lucky lol

Just called the closest EB games (downtown montreal) and the deal doesn't require the edge platinum.

Also he advised me to get overwatch as they're still selling it for 79.99$ and I could ask them to trade it for TLG for free if I didn't want the game.

Damn, I am tempted to do this. I have the original PS4 that makes a weird buzzing noise from the power cord when it is off, and it can get hot/loud while playing. For $99 I would get a brand-new upgraded console, Uncharted 4 (ehh, but decent), and Overwatch (the only one on the list that I would play). But you're saying because Overwatch is $79.99, I could potentially get any $79.99 game, or does TLG have some special trade-in deal?

m23

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One S console tomorrow.

Do I need to do anything to my Xbone before trading it in? Like clearing the hdd of my profile?

Draysoth

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One S console tomorrow.

Do I need to do anything to my Xbone before trading it in? Like clearing the hdd of my profile?

Yeah I would definitely do that - I'm going to google reset xbox one to factory and follow that (should bring up a microsoft site link)

How much do you think a New PS4 slim SEALED with Uncharted 4 and Watch Dogs 2 both SEALED could go for on Kijiji ?

Eh. Not worth it. Thanks.

Gotta remember the PS4 is going for $329 with uncharted right now, and that 90% of kijiji are low ballers. If you want to sell it quick ~$350-360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom