• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Ugh, I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I should pick up a Pro D:

Nah, not right now. At least wait for a sale or decent bundle. As someone who owns one, and has a 4K HDR TV, even I can admit that this is a tough sell. HDR is easily the biggest gain I've seen any of these games get, and regular PS4s can do that just fine.

Lexxism

Hmm when does the deal end?
Dec 15
Are OG PS4s prone to break? I'm tempted to do the trade for a slim just in the hope it would last longer than my old console, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. It looks like the days of consoles breaking after a couple of years might finally be over.
I don't think so. If you have any problem with your current ps4 like loud fan then that will make trading it to slim worth it.

antibolo

Banned
I bought a Pro because PSVR is significantly better with it.

As for regular games on my 1080p TV I can't really see a significant difference. Certainly wouldn't have bought a Pro just for that.

Sora_N

Anyone know the TIV for Uncharted 4?

Not sure if I should just try to sell the sealed copy when I trade in on the weekend, or trade in my own copy to get the trade a little cheaper.

SickBoy

I got a Pro when they were running that trade-in deal. In all honesty, I'd probably be happier with the new Slim deal (I'm still running a 1080p TV and will be for some time). It's essentially $230 in TIV plus a free game, vs. $260 they offered for the Pro at launch ($210 for system plus $50 discount).

Still, I do like the 1TB drive... I was always bumping up against capacity on my old PS4... and I guess it isn't like I need anything more to play right now. But my big reason for trading in was system noise, and it seems like the Slim already had that well taken care of.

Whoaaa

Should I take that PS4 Slim deal on EB?

Trade PS4 for Slim for $100 and get Uncharted 4 and another game free.

Um.. that sounds awesome right?

And maybe then I can sell the PS4 Slim for $400 and upgrade to PS4 Pro for $100?

Lexxism

Whoaaa

And maybe then I can sell the PS4 Slim for $400 and upgrade to PS4 Pro for $100?
What? Selling slim for 400?

Whoaaa

Why would someone buy a Slim from you for $400 when they can buy a new one with Uncharted 4 for $329 most places?

Oh I thought the regular price was around $400 :/

Whats the best I can get out of a Slim? I intend to sell Uncharted 4 and whatever other game comes with the EB deal.

So maybe I can make around $400?

Dazzler

Oh I thought the regular price was around $400 :/

Whats the best I can get out of a Slim? I intend to sell Uncharted 4 and whatever other game comes with the EB deal.

So maybe I can make around $400?

I think that's optimistic

I wouldn't buy a console of some craigslist dude unless it was super discounted

Nah, not right now. At least wait for a sale or decent bundle. As someone who owns one, and has a 4K HDR TV, even I can admit that this is a tough sell. HDR is easily the biggest gain I've seen any of these games get, and regular PS4s can do that just fine.

I have a pro and I agree with this too. The extra frame rates that some games apparently have is a nice addition, but to be totally honest I think I'd be fine with the original as well. If you got $100 extra laying around, sure go ahead.

Robby322

Can't decide to trade-in for this PS4 Slim deal or go for the Pro and pay the extra cost. The extra game would be nice because I have been meaning to buy Watch Dogs 2...

Plus, I can't stand how loud my original PS4 gets. It sounds like a damn jet engine during games.

Alukus

Neo Member
Can't decide to trade-in for this PS4 Slim deal or go for the Pro and pay the extra cost. The extra game would be nice because I have been meaning to buy Watch Dogs 2...

Plus, I can't stand how loud my original PS4 gets. It sounds like a damn jet engine during games.

I did the trade in today because of the noise too. My standard model was blasting while on and even in rest mode the fan was still blowing. I felt such peace hearing the sound of the slim running silently.

PlayerOne

Banned
They are far from perfect & their tracking is not good however my personal experience has been good. Packages always show up around 6 to 7 pm & I've always been present.

So I just checked their website and their tracking page.

I'm very much a novice when it comes to web dev, but their source code does not look like it's actually doing anything????????

Robby322

I did the trade in today because of the noise too. My standard model was blasting while on and even in rest mode the fan was still blowing. I felt such peace hearing the sound of the slim running silently.
Yup, I think I am definitely going to go ahead with this deal. Backing up my PS4 now. Hopefully Sony releases a PS4 Pro Slim next year (since I have heard the PS4 Pro can get pretty loud as well) and I'll just upgrade to that when the time comes.

schlew

Yup, I think I am definitely going to go ahead with this deal. Backing up my PS4 now. Hopefully Sony releases a PS4 Pro Slim next year (since I have heard the PS4 Pro can get pretty loud as well) and I'll just upgrade to that when the time comes.

Yep, just traded mine in because of how loud the fan would get. Made out like a bandit.

I'm an Onyx member (not something I'm necessarily proud of), so my PS4 traded in for $254.75 (standard trade-in value + $65 for the promo + $24.75 Onyx 15% bonus). Paid around $85 for the PS4 Slim.

Cashier checked the trade in values of the promotion's games, and Watch Dogs 2 had the greatest value. Traded that and Uncharted for some PSN credit and bought Last Guardian digitally. Feels good!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Did Project CARS turn out to be good?

My brother wants Forza Horizon 3 for christmas, but no way is my mother paying $79.99 for it. I know they're slightly different, is CARS more sim-y?

RS4-

My brother wants Forza Horizon 3 for christmas, but no way is my mother paying $79.99 for it. I know they're slightly different, is CARS more sim-y?

Cars is good, but yes, it's more sim like.

Tapejara

New Deal

EB Games Weekly Ad stuff:

- Buy One Save $20, Buy 2 Save $60, Buy 3 Save $120 on select 2K titles:

• BioShock: The Collection
  • Mafia 3
  • NBA 2K17
  • WWE 2K17
  • XCOM 2

- Get Gears 4 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare for Xbox One together for $99

- Save $20 on Call of Duty Infinite Warfare or Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition

- Trade in original Xbox One 500GB console, get an S model for as low as $179.99 + Overwatch + a $40 dining e-promo card + 3 months XBL Gold (in store only) + save $15 on a second controller

- Trade in OG Xbox One 500GB console get One S for $99.99 + $50 dining card

- trade in 3DSXL get N3DSXL for $139.99

Not answering your question but...

Did he already played horizon 2?

Also the crew could be a surprisingly good alternative.

Edit: NFS Rivals too

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not answering your question but...

Did he already played horizon 2?

Also the crew could be a surprisingly good alternative.

I'm not sure, is there a recurring story?

I assume his friends either have the game, or have also asked for it, that's all it takes really.

The correct answer is that you're too late. With the EB Games trade in deals people were paying $40-200 for a Pro depending on what they traded in.

I sold everything privately via Kijji in early November and paid $47 for my Pro out of pocket.

Now with all the PS4 Slim and Original sales and such you've missed the boat. Wait on sales but even then you're looking at maybe $30-50 off with a free game in 6 months or more.

killroy87

The correct answer is that you're too late. With the EB Games trade in deals people were paying $40-200 for a Pro depending on what they traded in.

I sold everything privately via Kijji in early November and paid $47 for my Pro out of pocket.

Now with all the PS4 Slim and Original sales and such you've missed the boat. Wait on sales but even then you're looking at maybe $30-50 off with a free game in 6 months or more.

I'm not sure that's the correct answer haha. If someone doesn't have a 4K TV, theres a good chance they wouldn't think it worth $40-200. Everyone's different obviously, but like I said I own one with a 4K HDR set and I've yet to be really wowed by any upgraded game. Some of the upgrades I'm willing to bet I wouldnt even notice if they'd randomly turned off.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea I'm tempted as well, but there's literally nothing I'd use it for except replay Uncharted 4 and maybe get Modern Warfare on it. I really want to be able to hold until a Horizon bunduru, hopefully Chloe DLC will release around that time as well.

Moltenix

Oh snap, Horizon 3 is really really good. If ur bro wouldn't mind waiting for like Boxing Week, it may be $50 again.Sure it wouldn't exactly be a christmas gift but very worth it.

Sealtest

For anyone who got a preorder in for the Switch at EBgames last week my local store called me and told me ( at least at my store ) anyone who got in before head office sent out an email to stop taking preorders you should be guaranteed a switch for release.

Hopefully this post answers some Q's about the EB ps4 trade in promo:
-Paid around $90 all in for the slim + watch dogs 2, using platinum edge card
-Uncharted is a sealed physical copy in the console's box, and it says not for resale on the back of the case
-Must trade in HDMI cable, power cord, controller, console
-They did not turn on old system but did scan something on it (serial number?)
-I'm using the 1TB HDD from my Pro in the Slim without issues

There was nothing wrong with my launch ps4 but two recent games plus a fresh warranty and new controller for $90 is a good deal IMO.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm not sure that's the correct answer haha. If someone doesn't have a 4K TV, theres a good chance they wouldn't think it worth $40-200. Everyone's different obviously, but like I said I own one with a 4K HDR set and I've yet to be really wowed by any upgraded game. Some of the upgrades I'm willing to bet I wouldnt even notice if they'd randomly turned off.

Maybe its the games youre trying.

Ive noticed a pretty significant difference in recent games like The Last Guardian, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1.

Pro is a long term investment, most if not all games from here on out will have Pro support. Its only gonna get better.

DVCY201

Maybe its the games youre trying.

Ive noticed a pretty significant difference in recent games like The Last Guardian, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1.

Pro is a long term investment, most if not all games from here on out will have Pro support. Its only gonna get better.

Yup, that's the reason why I upgraded. Nothing I'm playing now has Pro support, but when I get FF, RE7, Nier, I'm gonna appreciate the better image quality

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I don't ever trade anything in so that deal didn't do anything for me, otherwise I would have jumped on it at the time.

I did the trade for the Slim. Picked Overwatch as the game. Cost $103 using my Red Edge card. I'm going to try and trade Uncharted and Overwatch on Kijiji for games I want to play more before I open them.

Now I gotta download a ton of stuff ;-;

I don't ever trade anything in so that deal didn't do anything for me, otherwise I would have jumped on it at the time.

Selling on Kijiji isn't a trade.

It's for the IQ discriminating gamer as per Sony who said that directly. If that's how you feel about it then why would you even invest in a 4K set?

Dunlop

check your playstation newsletters folks. I got a code for 20% off any PSN purchase.

Is this an e-mail? I checked my gmail and the only e-mails I ever receive from Sony are receipt acknowledgments from purchases.

I remember when I made a US account (to download Hulu I think) I was shocked about how often they received informative e-mails

For anyone who got a preorder in for the Switch at EBgames last week my local store called me and told me ( at least at my store ) anyone who got in before head office sent out an email to stop taking preorders you should be guaranteed a switch for release.

WTF. EB had Switch orders already? Damn. That's where I want to order.

Tapejara

Is this an e-mail? I checked my gmail and the only e-mails I ever receive from Sony are receipt acknowledgments from purchases.

I remember when I made a US account (to download Hulu I think) I was shocked about how often they received informative e-mails

Yeah, it's in the weekly newsletter email.

Same. Just checked the email associated with my PSN and I only see purchase receipts and added funds receipts. How do I activate these emails?

SickBoy

WTF. EB had Switch orders already? Damn. That's where I want to order.

Based on what I read here and elsewhere, they have a placeholder SKU in their system that some stores allowed customers to put money down on...

Pretty sure my store was not one of them... still waiting for official word on preorders, which I assume will happen within a day or two of Nintendo's event in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom