• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Well, that's interesting. Amazon now doesn't mention that you save 20% with Prime, only that you get a discount. It's still 20%, but they changed the language and don't include the percentage in any of the "Here's How" section.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
My wife took time out of her work day to pre order TP Link and Cloud P2 in store while I'm off at home with our son. Big shout out to the wives of NeoGAF. You make our amiibo obsessions worth it!

killroy87

Well, that's interesting. Amazon now doesn't mention that you save 20% with Prime, only that you get a discount. It's still 20%, but they changed the language and don't include the percentage in any of the "Here's How" section.

I'll choose the glass-half-full option, and hope they're preparing for a 30% off at E3 deal.

Lizardus

Somehow managed to get the TP Link during the 2nd wave but missed Cloud. Here's hoping for a restock, otherwise it's off to ebay/beat the bomb.

My wife took time out of her work day to pre order TP Link and Cloud P2 in store while I'm off at home with our son. Big shout out to the wives of NeoGAF. You make our amiibo obsessions worth it!

Haha, my girlfriend did the same thing. Managed to snag the last Twilight Princess Link pre-order for me (of a whopping five available in-store). Much appreciated!

Sealtest

Why does EBGames always have the weird preorder bonuses for Nintendo games.

MM link now up on best buy. Not preorderable yet though.

Lizardus

Man, this amiibo thing has been such a ride. To think that we've been at this since 2014, trying to complete the Smash Bros. line. Only one more left.

Only possible with Nintendo.

Sealtest

For the people having trouble try and compare it with far cry then add it to cart that way. I was able to do it first try.

Edit - Looks like it's random how many times you have to try. Second took 6

killroy87

I ended up just paying the $4 shipping. Whatever.

At least these ones are $15.99 again, not like the dumb BOTW ones.

Phew! So I got The Amazon one, the Best Buy one, and my partner was able to get one of the EB ones in store today.

Maybe to avoid people calling in and demanding 20% if prices drop.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Put chrome on my iPhone and finally got the MM amiibo. Don't know why Safari was so borked to add. My Zelda amiibo collection is complete, feels good.

Socreges

Banned
Plus Fierce Deity costume in BotW.
The Fierce Deity set, as it’s called, is a set of spooky, cerulean armor that gives Link white pupil-less eyes and a coveted in-game attack boost bonus when you wear the cap, tunic, and trousers at the same time.
Coveted? Meh.

Had I been in the habit of collecting amiibos, I'd be all over this.

Magnus

The Shoppers at King and Peter in Toronto has new DSis (blue and pink) on clearance for $50.

YMMV at other Shoppers.

Why's everyone freaking out about this amiibo btw? Doesn't look that good. Does it have new functionality in BOTW? I really don't understand the craze for these things, not at these exorbitant prices for aesthetically subpar figurines.

I think I somehow ended up with 2 orders for MM Link and yet I missed both P2 cloud and TP link, ughhh I'm gonna be short 3 in the zelda collection now: TP link, Guardian, and BotW Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom